BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
ThatGuy130
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Exclamation New Buyer Help

Finally Joined the Forum after usually lurking around Great stuff you all provide to this community so here I am. My question to you all my 2014 M5 is coming to lease end June 6 I have been shopping around and ultimately decided on the x5M or RRS after I ran out the Land Rover dealer from their laughable non locking of credit app or lease numbers I decided to stay with BMW.

This will be my first order so I'm curious to know when should I place my order to arrive just in time for lease turn in? Also I have no close dealer that has the Long Beach Blue for those who have it is it a color that requires a lot of care to maintain? if any of you came from a M5 do you guys miss it now that you got X5M I need to find a SUV wife is expecting and wants our first baby to be safe in a SUV and I don't want to just give all the excitement I got driving the M5 to work everyday.

thank you all in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #2
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Hi! The LBB is an amazing color. I have it and could not be happier. You have no idea how many times I have been stopped and complimented on the car/color. Regarding maintenance you can treat it as any other color, it looks significantly better when is clean!!

Regarding the M5, I am sure you won't missed. The X6M (same as X5M) was clock around Willows Spring faster than an M3 (which should be faster than the M5 and M6 around the track) - http://www.jetsetmag.com/lifestyle/a...-suv-bmw-x6-m/

Best of luck and welcome!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 02:57 AM   #3
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparedes View Post
Hi! The LBB is an amazing color. I have it and could not be happier. You have no idea how many times I have been stopped and complimented on the car/color. Regarding maintenance you can treat it as any other color, it looks significantly better when is clean!!

Regarding the M5, I am sure you won't missed. The X6M (same as X5M) was clock around Willows Spring faster than an M3 (which should be faster than the M5 and M6 around the track) - http://www.jetsetmag.com/lifestyle/a...-suv-bmw-x6-m/

Best of luck and welcome!
M3 is a much more capable car than the x5m/x6m, believe me. the x5m/x6m times are closer to the e9x m3 than the f8x on most tracks.

I've also been pretty happy with LBB.

Previously:
1999 M3 2002 M3 2005 S4 2008 C63 2015 M3 2016 X5M 2019 911S
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 06:36 AM   #4
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Allow four weeks from placing an order to getting the vehicle IF your dealer has an allocation slot. Don't miss my 2014 M5.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #5
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

If you prefer sitting lower to the ground versus the more commanding view you get from sitting up higher in the X5M then yes, you will miss it.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
M3 is a much more capable car than the x5m/x6m, believe me. the x5m/x6m times are closer to the e9x m3 than the f8x on most tracks.

I've also been pretty happy with LBB.
I am confident that for spirit driving the M3 is a more capable car, my point was the X6M/X5M still a super fun car to drive.

I was just mentioning what was quoted on the magazine "(Motor Trend clocked the X6 M at 1:32:46 and the M3 at 1:32:51 around Willow Spring’s 2.42 mile track...)

You are lucky enough to have both
Appreciate 1
dkhm31881.50
      04-01-2017, 04:28 PM   #7
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Numbers are what they are. X5M is very impressive!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #8
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

what do you mean non locking of lease & credit app?

I was out today and test drove a RR Sport supercharged V8 and X6M back to back. both impressive. the X6M felt way sportier inside but the ride of the RRS was very good & flat through the turns. the M is a good bit quicker and even quicker than the SVR (note the SVR only has like 40hp or so on the s/c V8 so not huge difference). the infotainment system in the BMW is wayyyyy better, too.

Did you consider a Cayenne GTS or Turbo? everything I've ever driven from Porsche has been great ( 718s, 991GT3, Panamera.. but no Cayenne yet), but not sure if the cayenne will have the same (but larger) feeling of absolutely nailing it.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 12:58 AM   #9
ThatGuy130
Rep

thank you all for the fast reply and input I like the 4weeks wait time. I will be pulling the plug on the LBB looking forward to picking you guys brain with Mods
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 11:08 AM   #10
ThatGuy130
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post

I was out today and test drove a RR Sport supercharged V8 and X6M back to back. both impressive. the X6M felt way sportier inside but the ride of the RRS was very good & flat through the turns. the M is a good bit quicker and even quicker than the SVR (note the SVR only has like 40hp or so on the s/c V8 so not huge difference). the infotainment system in the BMW is wayyyyy better, too.

Did you consider a Cayenne GTS or Turbo? everything I've ever driven from Porsche has been great ( 718s, 991GT3, Panamera.. but no Cayenne yet), but not sure if the cayenne will have the same (but larger) feeling of absolutely nailing it.

I did check the Cayenne Gts but blind spec got out of hand pretty quick n Boss lady quickly turned that idea down. Regarding RRS sales guy said if lease program changed once I took delivery I will have to use those numbers not the initial ones I got before I placed my order. I didn't like that idea.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 12:57 PM   #11
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Like someone else said, it's based upon their allocation. The dealer should be able to tell you when you place your order the scheduled production date. If they have one scheduled soon, they will change the specs to yours. I've had very good luck with turn around time from order date to arrival at dealer. My last one was about 3 weeks from production date.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #12
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy130 View Post
I did check the Cayenne Gts but blind spec got out of hand pretty quick n Boss lady quickly turned that idea down. Regarding RRS sales guy said if lease program changed once I took delivery I will have to use those numbers not the initial ones I got before I placed my order. I didn't like that idea.
Contact David @ Steve Thomas BMW he generally has the best prices around for ///M cars & can have delivered to a local dealer for a small fee (where you will sign all lease documents) or take performance center delivery in Spartanburg, SC for free. That said, BMW of Morristown (NJ) is where I ultimately got my F85 for a better deal than David offered. Allocation was available & my car was produced to my specs, completed its build/testing on a Friday & was sitting at Morristown the following Friday ready for me to take delivery
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #13
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Forget Porsche for leasing. They have a maximum residualized amount for each model, meaning once your build MSRP exceeds that price, you pay 100% of the depreciation for the term of the lease on the excess MSRP on your build!

If you are someone like me that likes to max out the options, you will be handing Porsche a huge gift when you return the lease, as you will have paid 100% of the depreciation on some primo options that they will then receive the benefit of when they resell the car after your lease.

I'm not even talking about crazy options either ... PASM, PDK, Burmester along with basic options like Navi, etc. will quickly exceed the MRM!

If you have the cash to layout for a straight purchase, then by all means test the Porsche, but even if you have the cash, you won't be able to bounce around to new cars every few years like you do now without taking a huge hit to your wallet! This is why I lease, and I lease BMWs ... great vehicles and easy to assign a lease to an interested party should you want out early to get into something new!
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #14
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
Forget Porsche for leasing. They have a maximum residualized amount for each model, meaning once your build MSRP exceeds that price, you pay 100% of the depreciation for the term of the lease on the excess MSRP on your build!

If you are someone like me that likes to max out the options, you will be handing Porsche a huge gift when you return the lease, as you will have paid 100% of the depreciation on some primo options that they will then receive the benefit of when they resell the car after your lease.

I'm not even talking about crazy options either ... PASM, PDK, Burmester along with basic options like Navi, etc. will quickly exceed the MRM!

If you have the cash to layout for a straight purchase, then by all means test the Porsche, but even if you have the cash, you won't be able to bounce around to new cars every few years like you do now without taking a huge hit to your wallet! This is why I lease, and I lease BMWs ... great vehicles and easy to assign a lease to an interested party should you want out early to get into something new!
AMEN
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #15
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4
Quote:

really interesting stuff. I am new to Leasing and have always gone the purchase route in the past although I do Finance them, not pay cash. most of my vehicle's I did fairly well as far as not being upside down however I got hosed on a Porsche Boxster I just traded in for my Camaro SS 1LE. I will definitely have to read the fine print. x5m is sounding better and better to me

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 10:01 PM   #16
ThatGuy130
Rep

Do you guys know what website I can order Side fenders and Grills for the F85 any good INDY you guys use.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 10:03 PM   #17
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 2020 X3MC

Quote:

My folks ordered a '17 Cayenne GTS, with PDCC. Great car, very smooth, aisin tiptronic does not shift as fast as the zf 8 speed, but the suv is very refined. it should be it was 120k.

x5/x6m presents a better value overall, but the p car is a completely different driving experience.

Previously:
1999 M3 2002 M3 2005 S4 2008 C63 2015 M3 2016 X5M 2019 911S
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 10:18 PM   #18
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3
Quote:

My folks ordered a '17 Cayenne GTS, with PDCC. Great car, very smooth, aisin tiptronic does not shift as fast as the zf 8 speed, but the suv is very refined. it should be it was 120k.

x5/x6m presents a better value overall, but the p car is a completely different driving experience.
I had a 718S just briefly but really appreciated a lot of the details that make the PCars get the higher dollar. the Ms certainly seem more like sledge hammers in comparison but that also gives them character. I will say that I thought sitting in the X6M I was thinking it was a really nice place to be and made me miss the leather (feel and smell) from my M3. the leathers in my S3 and Denali don't come close. I do have my eyes on the horizon and it sounds like there should be new versions of most of these vehicles (Cayenne, X5... and if we keep the Denali I'll be looking at an M3 or M5, both also on the ever-approaching horizon haha)...

I'm excited to check out a Cayenne. i love the look of the GTS, but with the Cayenne (and unlike the 911) the GTS is priced just below the Turbo so it might be hard to pass up the CTurbo. The guys talking about Porsche leases being a money pit have me concerned, although it was cited that more options are a bad (read = expensive) thing and I'm usually a minimalist WRT options because I've realized that no matter how you buy/lease a new car, you lose a lot on options when you get out of the car in a few months-year.

thanks for the input! I will of course take into consideration that I'll have a sports car when I really want to rip through the turns (Camaro SS 1LE for now... GT3 down the road). cheers!

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #19
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3
Quote:

I had a 718S just briefly but really appreciated a lot of the details that make the PCars get the higher dollar. the Ms certainly seem more like sledge hammers in comparison but that also gives them character. I will say that I thought sitting in the X6M I was thinking it was a really nice place to be and made me miss the leather (feel and smell) from my M3. the leathers in my S3 and Denali don't come close. I do have my eyes on the horizon and it sounds like there should be new versions of most of these vehicles (Cayenne, X5... and if we keep the Denali I'll be looking at an M3 or M5, both also on the ever-approaching horizon haha)...

I'm excited to check out a Cayenne. i love the look of the GTS, but with the Cayenne (and unlike the 911) the GTS is priced just below the Turbo so it might be hard to pass up the CTurbo. The guys talking about Porsche leases being a money pit have me concerned, although it was cited that more options are a bad (read = expensive) thing and I'm usually a minimalist WRT options because I've realized that no matter how you buy/lease a new car, you lose a lot on options when you get out of the car in a few months-year.

thanks for the input! I will of course take into consideration that I'll have a sports car when I really want to rip through the turns (Camaro SS 1LE for now... GT3 down the road). cheers!

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #20
Grayblack
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and G07 X7

I went from F10 M5 to F85 X5M. I made the move because I needed the additional cargo space for my family. The M5 was one of the best all around cars that I've owned. I'm really enjoying the X5M though. Has plenty of power, handles well and the interior is great. It's definitely an easy transition coming from an M5.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #21
ThatGuy130
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayblack View Post
I went from F10 M5 to F85 X5M. I made the move because I needed the additional cargo space for my family. The M5 was one of the best all around cars that I've owned. I'm really enjoying the X5M though. Has plenty of power, handles well and the interior is great. It's definitely an easy transition coming from an M5.
Thanks for the input seems like I won't miss much my beast. I agree M5 is the best car I have owned. I'm Looking forward to making the move to the x5M I keep hearing nothing but great things about that car. I found a dealer that has a LBB not with interior i want but i want to check the exterior in person before i order it.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #22
Grayblack
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and G07 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy130 View Post
Thanks for the input seems like I won't miss much my beast. I agree M5 is the best car I have owned. I'm Looking forward to making the move to the x5M I keep hearing nothing but great things about that car. I found a dealer that has a LBB not with interior i want but i want to check the exterior in person before i order it.
Yeah, you won't regret the move. LBB is a really great color. My neighbor has one and it really pops.
Appreciate 0