BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
keith83
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Braking/Chassis Stabilization Malfunction

Hi All,

New to posting, usually just enjoy reading the information this site has to offer, However I have a problem and have searched the site but cannot find any treads that have a covered this issue. (forgive me if I'm wrong and kindly point me in the right direction).

I recently performed a Short Test of my cars diagnostics (135i 2011 N55), using my Bravarian Technic, and the following fault codes appeared.

MEVD17KW Engine Unit
Current Fault Codes
3878:
Power management, undervoltage: undervoltage detected
Error will not cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed

Gear lever (GWS)
Current Fault Codes
E094:
Message display gear data CAN
Error will not cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed
Short circuit or signal interruption

While performing the short test, when it was scanning the Dynamic Stability Control module (DXC) the ABS warning light came on and a message in the Idrive displayed the following:
"Braking /chassis stabilization malfunction.
ABS malfunction. drive moderately. Avoid hard braking. have the system checked by the nearest dealer."

This warning message has never displayed while driving, ONLY when I scan with my Bravarian Technic.

1. Has anyone ever experience this while using the scan tool?
2. Is there really an underlying issue here, (As mentioned I have never seen this message while driving, only when scanning)?
3.What are the symptoms of the braking/chassis malfunction message ?
4.Do the Fault codes listed have any bearing on the issue?

I appreciate and Help with this matter and thanks in advance for your responses.

Keith
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
Stewy_604
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i M-Sport

I had a "Braking / chassis stabilization malfunction" error come on while working on a buddy's F82. Checking the easy stuff first, it turned out to be low on brake fluid. Hadn't topped it up yet following brake kit install & bleeding. I would clear the codes and see if they re-surface.
Appreciate 0