Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Interior Parts

03-31-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
te37
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

Custom Alcantara Center Armrest, Drivers Mod!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 195.00

Item Interest
Quote:
Just bought one from te37. Wow. Such a better driving experience! Drove 250 miles the first night with it and it just feels so much better to shift and not have my elbow hit anything. Only downside so far is it doesn't really open like the old one and it takes some getting used to height wise
Quote:
I volunteered to be the guinea pig on this one, and I must say that te37 knocked it out of the park! The quality and craftsmanship is top notch, and the fitment is perfect! Took me a few mins to figure out how to remove the old armrest (hint--the hinge pins slide all the way out to the sides), but once I figured that out and removed the stock armrest, the center console snapped back together and my new low-pro alcantara armrest popped right in! I will post some before and after pics as soon as I can, but I just wanted to be the first to write a review. Putting a thin layer of foam between the wood and the alcantara was a great idea. IMO the only possible improvement would be to have the tri-color ///M stripes stitched along the side of the armrest to match the M Performance e-brake boot and shift boot I have. But as far as the construction of the armrest, it is a job well done te37!!

I made two recently for a couple people who requested them, I have materials to make more now. I will build them as I get the orders, so there will a 1 business day wait time before I ship it out.

Well, by popular request some people have shown interest in the armrest "delete" I made a while back. I have whipped up a batch of them and after a full 18 hours of work I think this might be all I make. I might make more if I get deposits down the road and people show more interest. These are made of MDF, 1/2in foam, time all wrapped in Jet Black Alcantara, yes the real stuff not Walmart suede. This Alcantara matches my M-Performance steering wheel perfectly so I can only image it would match other BMW Alcantara bits.

Your current armrest must be removed and this unit is friction fit into the cubby hole underneath. It can be removed easily and will not fall out, you will have to use force to get it out. It does not flip up like the OEM unit. It fits my F80 so I can only image an M4 would have the same center console, not sure though will need to double check that.

Here is a quick install document I made: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...jJ6TnFtRTJRZGc

I have a total of 5 available. If you like to drive on backroads or just keep smashing your elbow when trying to shift, this is for you. I am not a professional upholstery guy but I did take a lot of time wrapping these to make sure there were no creases around the corners and it is all stretched nicely.

Thanks,
Nick
They are 195 shipped mainland US.

Attached Images

Last edited by te37; 03-31-2017 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
Dumpspec
Major
Rep
Drives: @dumpspec

can't wait to get mines! thanks again for making more.
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1937.50
      01-31-2019, 05:51 PM   #3
bmwtrix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3 6MT

How about for a V2 version, you add a qi wireless charging tray to that!!! Just a thought! I'd be willing to beta test it!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 01:11 AM   #4
saxonlw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw m4

PLEASE CAN I BUY THIS. will pay more than asking if you have stopped making them. Saw this in doctorfords car and I NEEEED ITTTTT
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 01:36 PM   #5
Kylewhooo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Sent PM
Appreciate 0