BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

03-28-2017, 04:22 AM   #1
spoolinE82
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i XDRIVE thundernight

help would you buy this? i just did!

Hello all so i know its to late if the purchase is done lol but just want some piece of mind. Well last sunday i wrecked my 2010 red e82 beautiful car loved her it was a sad stupid day. Anyways i needed to find a new car asap and i also wanted a bigger car so i just bought a 2010 335i sedan blue water metallic m sport package with m wheels and all for 11.7k plus 24k warranty for extra 2 grand so im 14k all in..heres the kicker 106k miles on the clock! I know scary but picked her up from a minicooper dealer with bmw full inspection and it was serviced by bmw dealers every 2700miles ever since its first inspection. They just recieved it via trade in so theyre detailing and doing front control arm bushings, alignment and a few other minor things. Turbos or hpfp havent been changed but judging from service record i doubt the turbos have ever been on anything higher then stock boost. I plan to beat the shit out of it so i figured 2k for 24k warranty miles on a 100k 335i is cheaper then just the turbos alone so why not. The car is beautiful and i loved it

BUT WOULD YOU HAVE MADE THIS DEAL ?
IF SO WITH OR WITH OUT THE 24K WARRANTY?
IF NOT, WHY?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

If you're asking, "would you buy a 7y/o turboed BMW with over 100k miles with the intent to beat the hell out of it"... I'd say No. If you planned to be nice to it, and more importantly NOT tune it. Then I think you'd be fine. If you tune it, that warranty will likely be voided. And I suggest you very carefully comb through that warranty to see if things like the turbos are even covered, that's not very common.
      03-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Just re-read my post and I guess I didn't really answer the "why" part so here goes... I wouldn't make the above choice because with a car of that age and mileage, you're already looking at needing some heavy maintenance. Add turbos to the mix and it's another beast entirely. Then, if you're going to rag on the thing like you stole it, you're putting immense stresses on old/worn parts. Something will break, and it will likely be expensive to fix.
      03-28-2017, 11:12 AM   #4
desertman123
E82 Mudflap Ambassador
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Garage List
1992 Honda Beat  [9.50]
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
2014 BMW 528i  [10.00]
Usually I'm all for getting a good deal, even if it's slightly higher mileage (I bought mine with 80k) but an N54 is the last engine I'd do that with - ESPECIALLY with stock turbos.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 10:21 PM   #5
ccdre
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 AW 135i, '13 Frozen M3

You know, the best way to get rid of any buyers remorse is to post some pics of your new ride.
As a matter of fact, I thought that was an unwritten rule of these forums to include pics of a car when creating "I just bought xyz" type of thread.

Anyway, enjoy the ride and drive it hard while under warranty!

Appreciate 1
      03-29-2017, 04:02 PM   #6
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
If you're asking, "would you buy a 7y/o turboed BMW with over 100k miles with the intent to beat the hell out of it"... I'd say No. If you planned to be nice to it, and more importantly NOT tune it. Then I think you'd be fine. If you tune it, that warranty will likely be voided. And I suggest you very carefully comb through that warranty to see if things like the turbos are even covered, that's not very common.
Agreed, read the fine print!! For example my extended warranty doesn't cover the radio or headlights for some reason.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #7
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

Well we know why he wrecked his car; the OP is a real moron. His first priority should have been to take some driving lessons, so he wouldn't be a danger to himself or others on the road. I can only hope he kills himself before he kills a pedestrian or some innocent driver.

Now he planning on beating the shit out of his new car. That heap with 106K miles is going to beat the shit out of his wallet. I hope the repairs are really expensive. Maybe he'll run out of money and have to drive a Schwinn!

One of the very best reasons not to buy a BMW is too many jerks like this own them. When they get rid of the car, it is usually on its last legs.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:39 PM   #8
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Von Tooty View Post
Well we know why he wrecked his car; the OP is a real moron. His first priority should have been to take some driving lessons, so he wouldn't be a danger to himself or others on the road. I can only hope he kills himself before he kills a pedestrian or some innocent driver.

Now he planning on beating the shit out of his new car. That heap with 106K miles is going to beat the shit out of his wallet. I hope the repairs are really expensive. Maybe he'll run out of money and have to drive a Schwinn!

One of the very best reasons not to buy a BMW is too many jerks like this own them. When they get rid of the car, it is usually on its last legs.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 10:25 PM   #9
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M-sport

i'm actually going to play devils advocate and say an 100K mile N54 is a great bargain for the money, even considering maintenance cost. BUT, I personally wouldn't consider buying one that hasn't had the turbos replaced under warranty fairly recently. Look hard and you can find a 100K N54 with recently replaced turbos for essentially the same, cheap price as most 100K miles N54.

Honestly, I would not buy any N54 without recently replaced turbos, regardless of miles, 40K, 50K, 60K, if it hasn't recently had replaced tubos as the 8 years of warranty are running out on most N54's turbos now. A 60K N54 still has 60K on the turbos and they will go out, and there is a strong chance it will be out of warranty by then (if its not already) cause its 2017 now. and a 2010 N54 car with 60K miles or less will go for 5-7K more than an older one with 100K miles. Turbos are a lot less than 5-7K, even upgraded stage 2 ones

I got mine at 96K miles with dealership receipts of new turbos at 81K miles, I paid pretty much what any other N54 135i would cost with 96K miles, it just took me awhile to find my car. Good luck OP
      04-04-2017, 12:48 PM   #10
spoolinE82
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne1man35 View Post
i'm actually going to play devils advocate and say an 100K mile N54 is a great bargain for the money, even considering maintenance cost. BUT, I personally wouldn't consider buying one that hasn't had the turbos replaced under warranty fairly recently. Look hard and you can find a 100K N54 with recently replaced turbos for essentially the same, cheap price as most 100K miles N54.

Honestly, I would not buy any N54 without recently replaced turbos, regardless of miles, 40K, 50K, 60K, if it hasn't recently had replaced tubos as the 8 years of warranty are running out on most N54's turbos now. A 60K N54 still has 60K on the turbos and they will go out, and there is a strong chance it will be out of warranty by then (if its not already) cause its 2017 now. and a 2010 N54 car with 60K miles or less will go for 5-7K more than an older one with 100K miles. Turbos are a lot less than 5-7K, even upgraded stage 2 ones

I got mine at 96K miles with dealership receipts of new turbos at 81K miles, I paid pretty much what any other N54 135i would cost with 96K miles, it just took me awhile to find my car. Good luck OP

Honestly thats why i took the stupid warranty just for the turbos and water pump. Neither has been replaced but now im even regretting the warranty because i plan on doing GC turbos when they go out anyway. I only took it incase i dont have the spare funds on me when the time comes. But the good thing is the car was 1 owner older lady that traded the car in 3 days prior. I was allowed into the garage to talk to the technicians who told me everything that was wrong and what they were fixing. Bushings , oil pan gasket ,oil filter housing gasket , coil packs and spark plugs. and a few other minor things. The carfax was amazing too with the best service record ive ever seen for a 100k mile car. I threw in the jb4 and dci 10 mins after picking her up and been running 30% e85 for 4 days now multiple pulls and no issues except yestrday threw a 30ff code after brake boosting cleared it and hasnt came back after many pulls without brake boost. Im guessing chargepipe and diverter valve gotta go asap same thing haooened on my 135i on brake boost until i switched the cp.

But all in all the car feels solid and ill be happy to get 50k miles on it thats at least 3 years of saving money for the M4 OR MAYBE EVEN M5 LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #11
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolinE82 View Post
Honestly thats why i took the stupid warranty just for the turbos and water pump. Neither has been replaced but now im even regretting the warranty because i plan on doing GC turbos when they go out anyway. I only took it incase i dont have the spare funds on me when the time comes. But the good thing is the car was 1 owner older lady that traded the car in 3 days prior. I was allowed into the garage to talk to the technicians who told me everything that was wrong and what they were fixing. Bushings , oil pan gasket ,oil filter housing gasket , coil packs and spark plugs. and a few other minor things. The carfax was amazing too with the best service record ive ever seen for a 100k mile car. I threw in the jb4 and dci 10 mins after picking her up and been running 30% e85 for 4 days now multiple pulls and no issues except yestrday threw a 30ff code after brake boosting cleared it and hasnt came back after many pulls without brake boost. Im guessing chargepipe and diverter valve gotta go asap same thing haooened on my 135i on brake boost until i switched the cp.

But all in all the car feels solid and ill be happy to get 50k miles on it thats at least 3 years of saving money for the M4 OR MAYBE EVEN M5 LOL
You do you man... you do you.

04-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #12
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:

lol
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 12:54 AM   #13
spoolinE82
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

I didnt buy my car to be a pussy like you..... And accidents happen oh well. If i would have died it was meant to be. Hope next time i have an ACCIDENT i crash into you and i watch you bleed out.

As far as repairs being expensive its ok. Cuz i can afford to repair it when it happens. And the day i break this shit ill be buyinv something else to beat and throw away. And this 106k heap is a great machine that has been handling 40% e85 with no issues. Maybe you should just go fuck yourself bro cuz you seem angry like your girl dont do it lol.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread