BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #1
chrisfc923
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 MBB X5MC

Diono rxt

Anyone install a Diono rxt rear facing in the m? It seems like the plastic clip on the top of the car seat might rub and scratch or wear on the back of the front seat. Very worried about that. I have a towel in between right now to protect it. Also doesn't seem like it gives much room for the front passenger. I just bought a angle adjuster so I'll see if that helps. Just curious what everyone else's experiences are with this seat
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 10:04 PM   #2
Ryngo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 X5///M, DG

my wife had those on her old car and they ruined the leather seats so badly - even with pads - I sold them and got graaco 4 evers. flat bottom flat back and round edges. but diono covers I still use
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 11:56 PM   #3
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I am a big fan of this seat and I am running two of them in my X5M.

One forward facing behind the driver seat and one rear facing in the middle seat. With the way my seat is there is no rubbing at all. Granted it doesn't allow much reclining of the front seats but i suspect its the same for most convertible car seats. The RXT is the narrowest car seat out in the market. I am also running two diono seat protectors and its been doing its job in protecting the seats. No marks yet.

Last edited by Alan l.; 01-15-2017 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 07:27 AM   #4
chrisfc923
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I have the seat covers that covers the 2nd row where the seat is but my worry is the back of the front seat where the car seat leans against. There is this plastic clip that sticks out that holds the fabric to the seat that I'm worried will rub. I have at least another 7 to 8 months before I can flip it around where I think I'll be ok but until then I hope it doesn't f up the leather
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

I have three of them front facing in the back of my X5M. I love the seats, they fit really well. I put a towel underneath so it doesn't mess up the leather. Not sure how they work rear facing since I haven't tried, but I don't see why they would be worse than any other seat.

If you're worried about plastic clips or whatnot just put something over it?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #6
chrisfc923
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
I have three of them front facing in the back of my X5M. I love the seats, they fit really well. I put a towel underneath so it doesn't mess up the leather. Not sure how they work rear facing since I haven't tried, but I don't see why they would be worse than any other seat.

I put a towel in between right now. Just figured I'd see if anyone else had experience with this seat. BTW side note, what age was your kid when you converted to front facing? My daughter is only 15months but shes already 33" and seems like shes starting to get a bit cramped rear facing lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 03:10 PM   #7
Hammmerhead
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post

Geez. 3 no less! I have the RXT in my Wrangler, but don't really give things a second look in there. I do have a Clek Phoonf in the X5M and it would only fit in the center rear facing and would rub on each side of both seats up high. Hang in there, we went to forward facing at 2 years and it was a damn blessing.
Appreciate 0