ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

12-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #1
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
As I'm moving back to the US soon and I still have a valid CCW license, thought I'd install a magnetic mount under the steering column. Actually it's a bit further down in the footwell on the foot airbag panel (I could feel behind the panel to ensure I wasn't drilling into anything). I didn't want to screw into the underside of the steering column and take a chance of hitting the steering wheel heater lines.

Two short self tapping screws is holding it nice and tight.

Benchmade mini-infidel used for reference as I have no firearms here in the EU.

Amazon link to magnet I used:
Tac-Mag Gun Magnet with 25 lb Rating https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LR454YU..._H4QzybN9GDSNS
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
Murf1
Idiot In Charge
United_States
Rep
Drives: SMB '20 M4CS

That looks pretty cool but does that fit laws for all states that allow carry in vehicles etc?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 02:28 AM   #3
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray633 View Post
That looks pretty cool but does that fit laws for all states that allow carry in vehicles etc?
Great question. I doubt it as most states laws vary significantly, I'd check to see before installation.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 11:06 PM   #4
Rogue_fxdl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 / '11 325is/89 325is

I have magnetic holders for my glock 36 and just now looking for the right spot in my new M3. Was thinking about the inside drivers side door compartment area holding it vertical with a super Velcro path on magnet glued on inside door panel..
Basically for NC, a CCW holder must notify LE upon approach, that they have a weapon and have permit in their possession. When a LE runs a plate thru terminal, it will show if the registered owner is a CCW permit holder. LEO is exempt of course...If not a ccw holder, the weapon must be in "plain view or securely encased".
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      01-03-2017, 01:37 AM   #5
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_fxdl View Post
I have magnetic holders for my glock 36 and just now looking for the right spot in my new M3. Was thinking about the inside drivers side door compartment area holding it vertical with a super Velcro path on magnet glued on inside door panel..
Basically for NC, a CCW holder must notify LE upon approach, that they have a weapon and have permit in their possession. When a LE runs a plate thru terminal, it will show if the registered owner is a CCW permit holder. LEO is exempt of course...If not a ccw holder, the weapon must be in "plain view or securely encased".
I know a lot of people on here use the small compartment to the left of the steering wheel. But..in a critical situation it doesn't provide quick enough access as you have to open the compartment door, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 01:03 PM   #6
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_fxdl View Post
Do you have pictures of it?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #7
morgan302
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 2015

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
I installed a holster in the door. Fits down toward the front of the door pouch(not sure what it is called) the holster and fire arm are black so it does not show at all either empty or full. Sorry no picture
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50