BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-22-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
pelequero
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i GT

Sirius - New headunit?

I recently purchased a 2011 E88 (6/10 production date) from a private party and I'm looking to add Sirius to the vehicle. I have 693 SAT PREP, 6FL USB AUDIO, and 676 HIFI but when I reached out to Bimmer-Tech for the unlock I was told that my head unit does not have the Sirius tuner (the tech was attempting to code my car). When I scroll through inputs on my radio, I do not see SAT.

After reading through this forum and other sites, my question is, do I need an actual all new head unit or am I merely missing the actual antenna (within the shark fin)? The latter would be an easier fix if I just have to add the antenna and connect it to the pre-wiring in order for SAT to show up as an option in my head unit.
Appreciate 0