Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

12-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #1
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

C Quartz question

I just picked up a cpo M3 and I noticed a sticker in the door jam which says that c quartz has been applied to this car and has a serial number. Is there any way I can find out more information about this? When it was applied, what it was applied to, etc? Did a google search and not much came up.

Also, anything special I need to know about it? The car is a 2015 so if it was applied when new then its 2 years old at this point.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
I just picked up a cpo M3 and I noticed a sticker in the door jam which says that c quartz has been applied to this car and has a serial number. Is there any way I can find out more information about this? When it was applied, what it was applied to, etc? Did a google search and not much came up.

Also, anything special I need to know about it? The car is a 2015 so if it was applied when new then its 2 years old at this point.
Maybe you could contact CarPro, the manufacturer, and trace who bought that particular shipment. If it was CQ Finest, it's only sold to qualified Detailers, and not to the public.

I had mine coated in Feb '15, and it's still going strong, very happy with it. Thing is, if it went through the dealership for resale, they probably fucked it up with machine washes. It has to be maintained to last. Two bucket hand washes, CarPro reload every 5-6 weeks, quality towels. If you have a detailer, maybe have him see if it's still in good shape.

Good luck with the new car.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #3
D675PDX
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 | 2018 Aprilia Tuono

Use Car Pro Reset to wash your car then Car Pro Reload every so often like Never Convicted said to maintain the Cquartz. But also like Never Convicted said, I unfortunately agree that the dealership probably fucked up the Cquartz coating with either shampoo that strips the coating and/or their washing technique.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Thanks guys I'll try those products.

The car still looks great and the surface is smooth to the touch so hopefully the dealership didn't do any damage.
Appreciate 0