proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

11-22-2016, 07:50 AM   #1
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

All these warnings!?

Distance to empty:
Coded it to happen later like 6 liters (i think), but I still get the warning for 9 liters! So now I have double warnings, lol! Pretty sure I followed the instructions on one of the threads to the letter. Anybody know what I did wrong?

37 degree outside temperature:
I searched, but couldn't find anything on this. Anybody know if this can be coded out? (I have winters on, so I don't need BMW to tell me to watch myself )
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Distance to empty:
Coded it to happen later like 6 liters (i think), but I still get the warning for 9 liters! So now I have double warnings, lol! Pretty sure I followed the instructions on one of the threads to the letter. Anybody know what I did wrong?

37 degree outside temperature:
I searched, but couldn't find anything on this. Anybody know if this can be coded out? (I have winters on, so I don't need BMW to tell me to watch myself )
For distance to empty, there are two KOMBI parameters. Normally set at 50 miles and 30 miles. What did you set?

For temperature warnings, there are also two parameters. One for warnings when you start the vehicle. The other for while driving vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 12:39 AM   #3
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
For distance to empty, there are two KOMBI parameters. Normally set at 50 miles and 30 miles. What did you set?

For temperature warnings, there are also two parameters. One for warnings when you start the vehicle. The other for while driving vehicle.

Hmm. I only changed one parameter for distance to empty. And, I didn't know there were parameters for temperature warnings. Do you have the names of all the parameters? Or, point me to a resource? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 01:30 AM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Hmm. I only changed one parameter for distance to empty. And, I didn't know there were parameters for temperature warnings. Do you have the names of all the parameters? Or, point me to a resource? Thanks in advance.
KOMBI: CC_RW_WARNUNG_2 & CC_RW_WARNUNG (1st & 2nd fuel warning)

CC_TEMPERATURWARNUNG. The temperature warning is mainly to watch out for black ice.
Appreciate 1
ptper589.00
      11-23-2016, 07:49 AM   #5
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
KOMBI: CC_RW_WARNUNG_2 & CC_RW_WARNUNG (1st & 2nd fuel warning)

CC_TEMPERATURWARNUNG. The temperature warning is mainly to watch out for black ice.
Awesome. Thanks. More fun coding!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #6
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks. More fun coding!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 10:24 AM   #7
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:

What is the value supposed to be? I think it was defaulted to not active, so i switched it (even though that is counter intuitive). The warning still came up for me this morning.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #8
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What is the value supposed to be? I think it was defaulted to not active, so i switched it (even though that is counter intuitive). The warning still came up for me this morning.
Sometimes you want to select nicht_aktiv, like for Window Safety or to allow fogs with high-beams.

You can only disable the warning at vehicle start. As far as I know, you cannot disable the second warning while driving.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #9
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Sometimes you want to select nicht_aktiv, like for Window Safety or to allow fogs with high-beams.

You can only disable the warning at vehicle start. As far as I know, you cannot disable the second warning while driving.
Yes, after researching some more about this, apparently, you want to set this value to aktiv to activate "temperature warning for cold climate countries". This gets rid of the chime at engine start. Still no information on how to disable while driving.
Appreciate 0