BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

04-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Leg
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White

Ultimate test of dealer customer service

So, I go to my dealer yesterday to drop the car for its 1200 mile service.

My sons, Matt (10) and Will (7) are on school holidays so I take the day off to spend with them. They come along with me to drop the car off.

We park up, get out and walk into the dealers. Nice, shiny, posh, modern dealers with lovely carpets.

As we walk in Will says 'Dad, I dont feel well'

'Whats up son?'

'I'm gonna be sick!'

Now, when adults say they are going to be sick they usually have time to do something about it but kids are pretty literal, so he puked there and then, all over the dealers carpet smack bang in front of their reception desk.

So, to Scothall BMW Leeds I apologise and commend them on the way they dealt with it. No one was in the least bit narky and the lady who came over to help us out was really nice to Will. Will not be forgotten!

And yes, the first thought that went through my mind was 'Thank f*ck he puked here and not in the car!'

E92 M3, Breyton GTS 19s, black and carbon all over
Factory Mini John Cooper Works 211bhp
MK Indy R track car (road legal) 300bhp+ per ton, sequential box
VW Tiguan 4x4
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

hahaha great sorry, hope the little guy feels better, definitely better there then in the car...and good job to the dealer personnel for not throwing a fit...were you showing your boys what the car and daddy could do in his brand new BMW? if so then maybe you were the cause....I remember doing a couple burnouts for my nieces and nephews when they were younger, I'm still the cool uncle

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
oneginee
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

I do not see anything other than normal reaction from the people at the dealer here. Suppose you had not bought a $70k car from them I am pretty sure they would still have reacted as they have. Did you think they would slap your son or/and make a scene ? Let's be real here, this is not about customer service it is about professionalism and I would not title this the 'ultimate' test of customer service.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
geoff2010
Mmmmmkay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 S6 + 2017 340 M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneginee View Post
I do not see anything other than normal reaction from the people at the dealer here. Suppose you had not bought a $70k car from them I am pretty sure they would still have reacted as they have. Did you think they would slap your son or/and make a scene ? Let's be real here, this is not about customer service it is about professionalism and I would not title this the 'ultimate' test of customer service.
you don't have kids, do you?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #5
Schmed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E70X5, F25X3

Hope the little guy is feeling better.

I have to wonder if Dad was driving the twisties a little too fast and he got motion sickness???? Probably happens a lot at BMW dealerships.

I know my kids have done that after a ride up the canyon with Dad at the wheel!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
nice car, mine's gonna look like yours with the 18's and everything.

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #7
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
i agree with above post. what is a dealer to do? slap your kid or refuse to service the car? they did what anyone with half brain would do - help out. nothing to do with service quality. anyway...hope you child feels better.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

I don't agree with the above post. Call it customer service or professionalism or whatever, but plenty of people lack it. Believe me, just because you work in a BMW dealership doesn't mean you are a professional. They could give dirty looks, attitude, etc. They don't have to do any of the outrageous things you suggested to display their unhappiness. The fact that they didn't give off any of these vibes is a good thing. I get bad vibes from some dealerships as soon as I walk in.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
M3Kevin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2008 M3

Garage List
2004 Corvette Z06  [0.00]
2004 GT3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
I hope your son is well.
But yes - kids generally follow "I am going to be sick" with about 3-5 feet of projectile vomit. Impressive really - that small of a body projecting with that much force..

Good on the dealership for handling it well.

Happiness isn't around the corner - it IS the corner!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

LOL, you made him carsick! Great job!

Good he waited until the appropriate time to show you how impressed he was with your new car's capabilities!!
      04-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #11
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
LOL, you made him carsick! Great job!

Good he waited until the appropriate time to show you how impressed he was with your new car's capabilities!!
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #12
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Well, to tell you the truth, even if you were there just to check out a car, it's part of the business. You just can't kick out a kid because it puked.

Would have to be a real asshole to make a scene out of it.

I'm sure that if a drink guy gets in the dealer and pukes, they would be calling the police.

If you feel bad, you can offer them to pay the carpet cleaning.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 02:37 AM   #13
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvai View Post
Well, to tell you the truth, even if you were there just to check out a car, it's part of the business. You just can't kick out a kid because it puked.

Would have to be a real asshole to make a scene out of it.

I'm sure that if a drink guy gets in the dealer and pukes, they would be calling the police.

If you feel bad, you can offer them to pay the carpet cleaning.
No one is saying that the dealer was going to kick out his son. What we're saying is that there are plenty of other ways the people there could have shown their displeasure. But they didn't. They handled it well.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #14
Leg
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White

To those (Monsta et al) who found it mildly amusing (the point of posting it in the first place) and sent Will their good wishes - thanks. He was scoffing lunch 2 hours later. Kids eh!

To those (Oneginee et al) who actually think this is a serious post commenting on BMW Customer Service I recommend this website ww.chilloutandgetasenseofhumouryousadsadlittleman. com

If you DO want a comment on their Customer Service I'll give you but it has f*ck all to do with how they handle a (very cute, takes after his Mum) 7 year old puking and more to do with a lift into town, general friendliness, spending time examining the car prior to handing it over to them (on my insistance) to agree any marks (none) on the car and also actually NOT washing it and paying attention to the 4 A4 pieces of paper in the car stating 'DO NOT WASH THIS CAR'. Also I got the service for free, something that M3 owners will not be getting in future they tell me.

E92 M3, Breyton GTS 19s, black and carbon all over
Factory Mini John Cooper Works 211bhp
MK Indy R track car (road legal) 300bhp+ per ton, sequential box
VW Tiguan 4x4
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #15
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I think the point of the post was more that the little guy puked in the dealer and "not in the car"?
      04-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #16
geoff2010
Mmmmmkay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 S6 + 2017 340 M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
My little brothers and pets get extremely "nauseated" in my car too (e92 335i)... I think it's because of the massive EMF exposure. Read up on it... it'll surprise you. Lexus is dealing with this as well. Could be a connection and why your son got sick.
What exactly would make a massive EMF in a 335i? Pretty much all the cars with EMF problems are Hybrids. There isn't nearly the same levels of electrical draw in a fully gasoline engine... do you have something to backup this statement, or is it just internet dribble?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #17
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Leg was just being humorous as he usually is. Some folks are taking the initial post too seriously...

Leg, how many g's were you pulling and at frequency on your way to the dealer? Are you trying to break your boy in to being a race car driver? You are supposed to be breaking in just the car at this point.

Glad he is OK.
      04-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #18
umwolverine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez M3

Leg, I thought the story was quite entertaining. Maybe because I found the humor in it. Happy to hear your new M was not pucktified. Hope the little guy feels better.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #19
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneginee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2010 View Post
you don't have kids, do you?
Mate, its not oneginee's fault, he's just pissed he wasted his money on a merc

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #20
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2010 View Post
What exactly would make a massive EMF in a 335i? Pretty much all the cars with EMF problems are Hybrids. There isn't nearly the same levels of electrical draw in a fully gasoline engine... do you have something to backup this statement, or is it just internet dribble?
Listen, we if there is a high EMF in the cars (I have read this about the 335i) then I definitely need to spend my money on cars, because the cancer is gonna kill me before I'm 50.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #21
oneginee
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
To those (Monsta et al) who found it mildly amusing (the point of posting it in the first place) and sent Will their good wishes - thanks. He was scoffing lunch 2 hours later. Kids eh!

To those (Oneginee et al) who actually think this is a serious post commenting on BMW Customer Service I recommend this website ww.chilloutandgetasenseofhumouryousadsadlittleman. com

Ouch that your sense of humor ? Yes you and I both know this is about extending sympathy to a mum which is the human thing to do. You got it but it barely qualifies as funny. Just say wathever gesticulate, swear and we'll nod and smile you have that trump card.

you are in the wrong forum try this one instead

the lighter side

http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdi...sprune=-1&f=86

oh and you missed one good occasion to use this guy :
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #22
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
It could be internet dribble, as I read the story from a Lexus owner who is suing because of getting sick. They measured the BMW e9xs and found EMF to be just as high as a hybrid... including the Lexus. I'll have to find the story. I believe it comes from all the dashboard electronics... which are directly in front of the driver.
Have "they" measured the EMFs coming out of our computer screens while we read M3post all day?