Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

10-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

JB4 F80 vs Heavily Modified Saturn Sky

its a very fast Big turbo saturn spraying Meth vs Map 2 JB4

I think the first race was the best i had wheel spin in the 2nd and he got a little jump but thats a fast light car non the less in mexico

10-15-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
ghost34
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235

Garage List
m vs Saturn, don't see that often
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 09:29 AM   #3
TahoeM3
Major
Rep
Drives: F-type R, GTR, X5 50i

I thought this was a joke at first, but you seriously got beaten by a Saturn Sky??
Gone but not forgotten: '12 X5M, '07 AM SuperVantage, '05 Boxster S, '01 BMW M3,...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #4
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3
I thought this was a joke at first, but you seriously got beaten by a Saturn Sky??
I didn't get beat but it's a very fast car making 440whp weighing 2800 lbs.....
the 2nd race he got a jump and I spun but for the most part it's just as fast to 120-130ish.
      10-16-2016, 11:36 AM   #5
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Also think how bad a stock M3/4 would get walked by a Saturn Sky
      10-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #6
TahoeM3
Major
Rep
Drives: F-type R, GTR, X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
the 2nd race he got a jump and I spun but for the most part it's just as fast to 120-130ish.
Yeah the first race looks pretty close, but he still beat you up until the very end where he might have let up, and the second he kept pulling the entire time jump or no. So yeah, that would definitely beat a stock car as he beat your JB4. I wouldn't have ought that was possible for a little Sky. I didn't know "big turbo Saturn Sky" was a thing, and I still wouldn't have thought it could beat even a stock f8x on the highway.
Gone but not forgotten: '12 X5M, '07 AM SuperVantage, '05 Boxster S, '01 BMW M3,...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #7
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah the first race looks pretty close, but he still beat you up until the very end where he might have let up, and the second he kept pulling the entire time jump or no. So yeah, that would definitely beat a stock car as he beat your JB4. I wouldn't have ought that was possible for a little Sky. I didn't know "big turbo Saturn Sky" was a thing, and I still wouldn't have thought it could beat even a stock f8x on the highway.
Shorter gear ratio, long linear torque curve. Let me spray meth or run 100octane on map7
      10-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #8
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4

ahh...it's still a saturn at the end of the day....your in an bmw m series bro....no worries, i would be in a complete state of the denial that that ever happened
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #9
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

Shit I didn't even know what a Saturn sky was I had to look it up!

M
Appreciate 3
      10-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #10
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Wow. Mods ftw
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 08:16 PM   #11
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Very impressive. There's one local to me and he has a 2jz swap and a big turbo.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 04:25 AM   #12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / Black on black

Take me out to a field and shoot me in the head if you ever catch me in a Saturn anything.
The amount I care about a Saturn, even if it were a 6-sec quarter mile car, is so small, even god himself can't measure it.

That's like dating Rosie O'Donnell because she has the world's tightest vag.
Uh... yeah... it's F ing ROSIE O'DONNELL... are you gawd damn serious?

Driving a Saturn would rank as one of the top 10 humilations I could suffer in my lifetime.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #13
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01101001 View Post
Take me out to a field and shoot me in the head if you ever catch me in a Saturn anything.
The amount I care about a Saturn, even if it were a 6-sec quarter mile car, is so small, even god himself can't measure it.

Driving a Saturn would rank as one of the top 10 humilations I could suffer in my lifetime.
Its called brand identity, you are just simple consumer taught what to like and what to dislike based on outside influences and perceived value. Small thinking. Is the New mustang GT350R terrible becuase it's a mustang? I rather have a mediocre girl that can do wild things then the hottest piece of ass that lays their like a corpse with a personality of a stump.
AlterZgo1537.50
RobbyMack738.50
      12-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #14
Southern
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

So you measure yourself based on the brand(s) that you own (or lease), and what others may perceive of that brand? If so, that is quite a sad existence...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 03:22 PM   #15
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern View Post
So you measure yourself based on the brand(s) that you own (or lease), and what others may perceive of that brand? If so, that is quite a sad existence...
Heh, not so much what others perceive of it... what I percieve of it.
And because 'I' choose what to own, my existence is far from sad, lol.

Remind me again why you drive an E55 AMG, when a equally suitable and much cheaper car would suffice?

Last edited by 01101001; 12-11-2016 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #16
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Its called brand identity, you are just simple consumer taught what to like and what to dislike based on outside influences and perceived value. Small thinking. Is the New mustang GT350R terrible becuase it's a mustang? I rather have a mediocre girl that can do wild things then the hottest piece of ass that lays their like a corpse with a personality of a stump.
Coming from a person who drives a 2017 X5M and a 2015 M3, I guess the hilarious irony of your post escaped you.

I'd be curious what your thoughts are on the nature (content and extent), and purpose of consciousness, and your position on the existence of a creator.

Why?

Because reading your post told me nothing I didn't know 30 years ago, and clearly you think you're informing me of knowledge any high school kid already knows, which means you think I have the intellect of a child.
<small thinking, simple consumer>

So your thoughts on issues like consciousness would reveal to me how many thousands of hours you've spent studying and contemplating things that any mouth breathing adult should find obscenely important. Particularly when making life impacting decisions, like whether to have a child or not. And no, I don't mean life impacting on YOU, I mean the gravity you apply toward the decision of forcing a new life form into existence without its consent to experience the four inescapable features that all living organisms with a brain and nervous system must experience.

In short, I'm curious which of us is truly the small and simple one.

Last edited by 01101001; 12-11-2016 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #17
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'd be curious what your thoughts are on the nature (content and extent), and purpose of consciousness, and your position on the existence of a creator.

Why?

Because reading your post told me nothing I didn't know 30 years ago, and clearly you think you're informing me of knowledge any high school kid already knows, which means you think I have the intellect of a child.
<small thinking, simple consumer>

So your thoughts on issues like consciousness would reveal to me how many thousands of hours you've spent studying and contemplating things that any mouth breathing adult should find obscenely important. Particularly when making life impacting decisions, like whether to have a child or not. And no, I don't mean life impacting on YOU, I mean the gravity you apply toward the decision of forcing a new life form into existence without its consent to experience the four inescapable features that all living organisms with a brain and nervous system must experience.

In short, I'm curious which of us is truly the small and simple one.
You still didn't answer the question, if I made a Saturn performed like a p1 would you not buy at a faction of the cost.
Yes I answered your question with satire but what did you expect in this realm of the forum where Everyone's opinion is of the utmost importance and you came of a douche, let us not get into a Philosophy debate and use literary allusion and big words. I only have a high school diploma but I do my best. What did you expect For a reply? I only know 2 things for certain in this world, life is cheap and animosity and grudges cause cancer
      12-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #18
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Btw OP thanks for bringing to my attention that Saturn sky 440whp/2800lb is a thing.

I'm currently looking into track reliability and handling to see if it be an option for a toy in the future
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #19
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

(1) You still didn't answer the question, if I made a Saturn performed like a p1 would you not buy at a faction of the cost.

(2) Everyone's opinion is of the utmost importance and you came of a douche

(3) What did you expect For a reply?

(4) I only know 2 things for certain in this world, life is cheap and animosity and grudges cause cancer
(1) Yes... i did... I answered it before you even asked it. You just didn't read the answer, so here it is again.
/// The amount I care about a Saturn, even if it were a 6-sec quarter mile car, is so small, even god himself can't measure it. ///
So you can infer from that, that no matter what the price, I wouldn't want a saturn.

(2) I dunno, calling me a small minded simple consumer seemed pretty douchey to me.

(3) I didn't expect to be called a small minded simple consumer. Honestly, since this is a BMW forum, and most people here chose a BMW, and often a VERY expensive one, over a multitude of other available choices, I expected people to agree with me.
For the fortune you spent on TWO very expensive BMWs, there's obviously NOTHING that prevented you from instead buying a $20k mustang, throwing $40k in upgrades at it, and creating a BMW $hitting monster that eats up M cars like childrens chewables.

Everyones opinion is of the utmost importance? Well, lets phrase it this way... everyone has an opinion, but not all opinions are equal. If you are having a medical emergency, are you going to ask a 10 year old child for advice, or a trained doctor.
Most people's opinions on most topics are very poorly reasoned and illogical, and mine are not, so therefore my opinion is more valuable than most on many topics.
Simple fact.

(4) I don't know what "life is cheap" means, but I do suffer greatly from a mental disorder. I don't know the official name for it, but its symptoms are "extreme emotional distress induced by being waterboarded with low IQ opinions."
I am trying my best to get a handle on it, but so far, the only relief I have found for my suffering is vitriol tossed with logic and crowned with a sprinkle of hyperbole.

Sorry for the offense, but that's my reaction when people imply I am stupid and simple with no rational facts behind it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 01:13 PM   #20
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Ouch...quite a few hurt egos around here.
Appreciate 0