BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
brocklanders27b
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

DIY REquest Dropping or accessing fuel tank due to leak

2009 135i Coupe.

Hey guys, I've done what I've felt is an exhaustive search for any info on a 1 series or 3 series common fuel leak, and any info on dropping or accessing the tank with no luck at all.
I've read about a 'Breather pipe' leak in earlier E90's but this doesn't seem to be the same issue.

Basically I've noticed a fuel leak from under the car, and with a closer leak the drivers side fuel tank had tell tale signs of a leak, while I cant tell for certain where on top of the tank the leak is, the leak is from high on the drivers side and flows towards the rear.I took apart what I could and after not determining anything, I cleaned the area and parked it to better see the leak hopefully.

Regardless of where, I need to figure out if there are fuel lines that pass on top of the tank, or if its the tank itself. If so, how bad is it to either remove, or loosen enough to access and repair this section. I know there is access to the passenger side tank via the back seat, but I'm unsure of the drivers side if at all.

Any help would be appreciated, I try to fix what I can before taking it in and getting fleeced.
Appreciate 0