BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
KASM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I've heard and read it all....

Yes the M3 is expensive, the steering and clutch are light. It could be more agressive looking. The GTR is faster, C63 has more HP/Torgue and the M3 isnt selling.(Note: in todays market nothing much is) Wow, all very true but for those of us that have one I have to say the following:

There is a presence to this car that is hard to put into words.When you walk to the car or from it, you cannot stop smiling. You admire something new about it every time you approach it. Step into it and you feel like you are one with the car and are amazed by how vesatile it is. Wheteher giving a friend a ride or getting ready to hit the track. The exhaust sound at 3K is intoxicating. When you drive around even people who dont know what a M3 approach to ask questions or cut in and out of traffic to get a better look. The car is CLASSY. I know the GTR will garner attention as well but it has a freakish look that may only appeal to enthusiasts. (IMHO)

Honestly, I hope they dont sell a lot of these cars. I am enjoying this too much. My buddy has a 07 RS4 and he saw my M3 and all he could say was wow that car is gorgeous. He spent the next fifteen minutes wanting my M3. (dont get me wrong, I like his RS4 but the M3 is something special) So, I know there will always be a faster car, cheaper car, more agressive looking car but damn no car gives you a complete package like the M3. BMW did get it right. Once you drive it AND spend time with it, you will find that out. The car is on another level. I'm not bashing any other car and I say get what you want but the big picture on this car isn't realized with the M3 until you live with it for a few weeks and see the beast on the backroads, on the highways, in the rain and soon on the track. Its not just a 3 series!

My .02 Gentlemen start your engines!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
Jdebitjr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 and 2015 M3 Sedans

Well said. Looking forward to getting mine each and every day. When I was test driving the red coupe at my local dealer--I noticed several cars "swaying" into my lane as their drivers were staring at it...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #3
Jack28
HUSTLER
Rep
Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3

Very Well Said, The M3 IS in a class of its own and BMW did get it right!
I think the Driving experience you get in the M3 is like no other as well as other things.....
I was at my Dealer yesturday as my Friend works there and got to drive a AW/FR E92 M3 (close to the one im getting but w M-DCT) and Its something else!
Truely THE Driving Machine!!!

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #4
M3aHOLIC84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 Laguna Seca Blue M3

i think i just fell in love
      03-21-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

It's good that it's expensive. Less on the road.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdebitjr View Post
Well said. Looking forward to getting mine each and every day. When I was test driving the red coupe at my local dealer--I noticed several cars "swaying" into my lane as their drivers were staring at it...
This has happened before, it looks amazing...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 03:01 AM   #7
kbk_75
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Well said. I know what you mean about people checking-out the car...I've been rear-ended thrice! :O
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #8
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Well put!

I'm still waiting to order one. I am close to bailing on my 335i lease early just to get in one sooner but it isn't up for another 9 months so I need to wait a bit. sorry
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #9
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

I am thinking long and hard about buying a M3

It's not the best on gas and it likes to have options, meaning the options are so tempting.

But for me what else is there? The Cayman S or 911 are just as costly and like options and yet don't have a 8400 hp V8. In fact the GT3 engine is close to the M3 engine says something good about the value of the M3.

One of my key areas I like is the rear seats with my 2 young children it would be nice to have the rear seats as opposed to a Corvette or even a GTR which has much smaller rear seats.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 08:09 AM   #10
KASM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

The versatlity of my next vehicle was a key factor for me. I have bought many cars over the years and spent 70-80 thousands on various turbos, downpipes, ECU upgrades, exhaust systems, turbo boost controllers, etc,etc. So, paying the money up front to get the M3 that is starting out at a level I will have a challenge maxing for a few years made sense to me. I have a 2 and a 4 year old now and there is plenty of room back there for them. There is easy access to the rear with the top buttons on the seats.

When the wife and I want to go out on the town it drives like luxury car and she isn't complaining of trying to get in and out of a low sports car like the Corvette.

When its time for the track, Push the M button with the 'savage' settings and I have a race car that I will spend the next 3-4 years just trying to learn its limits.

I dont drag race so 3.5sec to 4.4sec to 60 means nothing to me. I have fractured a few speeding laws on the highways over the years but I believe no one is going to be able to open up on the highway an M3/C63/GTR to the point where embarassment is an issue. Very few cars on the streets are of the caliber these cars are. Unfortunately, when you push the horsepower there are trade offs. The corvette has great gas mileage but isnt a practical car. The C63 has more room and may be cheaper but has worse gas mileage than the M3. The S5 is OK but also has bad gas mileage and the RS5 will be worse and a LOT more expensive. The GTR, great for your ego and the respect of the Fast and Furious fans. A great car but I can assure you a AWD 480+ HP car will not have great gas mileage and those back seats are limited like the P-Cars. So, you just can't have it all. You cant go wrong performance wise with any of them but fit it to your life and pick.

For me, The M3 was the perfect choice hands down. I just know that on the track, Im not trying to take the GTR. Well, until the Dinan upgrade comes out!
Appreciate 0