BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-19-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
CardsRock76
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Brand New 2016 F80 For Sale

So after 6 months of waiting I finally took delivery of my M3. Initially the wife wasn't into it and I briefly tried to sell while changes could be made until I had 3 family members with health emergencies all within same week. Fast forward a few months and the car is finally here. It rocks and my wife now gets it. So much so, I've been given the green light to reorder with ZCP.

I have a 2016 M3, SS over full SO, black 19 inch wheels (amazing), DCT, adaptive suspension, side and top cameras, and enhanced BT. I bought via military pricing and since it was late, got a little bit more off. My state is also tax free. Obviously selling right away is probably not the smartest thing to do, but there's been a lot of people on here still wanting a 2016 due to the limited MY17 changes and the extra year of maintenance. With military pricing, no tax, and the late delivery discount, I may be able to break even or come close enough not to sting to badly. Not sure, but that's why I'm here testing the market. Is anyone interested or should I just keep and enjoy without ZCP? The reviews have just been so good and it sounds so much better.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Check classified thread for my comments.
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2016, 08:16 PM   #3
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

i think alot of people are going bananas over CP package. i understand ticking the box when available, but to trade or sell a brand new car for some seat belts and 19hp is crazy.
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 6
      06-19-2016, 09:45 PM   #4
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
I don't believe the included maintenance transfers to another owner. Just FYI
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #5
jaybird124
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
i think alot of people are going bananas over CP package. i understand ticking the box when available, but to trade or sell a brand new car for some seat belts and 19hp is crazy.
This.

Plus IND will swap that stuff out for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #6
BimmerBahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s View Post
^ This! -- too bad, too. Since you're somewhat ahead, I'd consider looking at selling to CarMax or just using as a trade-in on the next one. Your dealer should be able to get top dollar for yours....low mileage -- Certified Elite, etc.

Cheers,
      06-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #7
kpowell9
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s View Post
I've sold bimmers in the past and the maintenance transferred, so unless this is a change then the maintenance should transfer.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 02:27 PM   #8
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpowell9 View Post
I've sold bimmers in the past and the maintenance transferred, so unless this is a change then the maintenance should transfer.
Not anymore.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...eoverride=true

NON-TRANSFERABILITY
These maintenance programs are available to the exclusive benefit of the initial purchaser, owner, or lessee of a new vehicle, .......
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #9
mercedesc63
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsRock76
So after 6 months of waiting I finally took delivery of my M3. Initially the wife wasn't into it and I briefly tried to sell while changes could be made until I had 3 family members with health emergencies all within same week. Fast forward a few months and the car is finally here. It rocks and my wife now gets it. So much so, I've been given the green light to reorder with ZCP.

I have a 2016 M3, SS over full SO, black 19 inch wheels (amazing), DCT, adaptive suspension, side and top cameras, and enhanced BT. I bought via military pricing and since it was late, got a little bit more off. My state is also tax free. Obviously selling right away is probably not the smartest thing to do, but there's been a lot of people on here still wanting a 2016 due to the limited MY17 changes and the extra year of maintenance. With military pricing, no tax, and the late delivery discount, I may be able to break even or come close enough not to sting to badly. Not sure, but that's why I'm here testing the market. Is anyone interested or should I just keep and enjoy without ZCP? The reviews have just been so good and it sounds so much better.
This car is pretty damn nice as is. I wouldn't upgrade cars unless it was a totally different car.

I had the choice to get the exact car I want individual Dakar yellow with Shakir orange interior with exec, comp pack and, adaptive suspension. The cost was mid-high 70's.

All the crap overpriced options are useless and they include; 3,000$ backup camera, 5,000$ paint job and, 5000$ for 20" wheels/suspension.

Settled for a lesser car alpine white/ Shakir orange with 19's no adaptive suspension.

I saved a lot on my lease and you know what I prefer the money in my pocket.
      06-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #10
hockey21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16SSM3.Prev ymbM,e46m3,e39 M5

drive the car. IMO comp package is cool, but once you hit 80's on an m3, it defeats he purpose of buying a suped up 3 series... then you're in porsche/ aston martin territory
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #11
CardsRock76
Rep

I was just reading through the responses and noticed I forgot to list the exec package as well. I guess that's what happens when I post at 2 am. The car stickered at $79k and some change. I got it for $72k and some change. I hope to get some photos up soon but since I just picked it up last Friday it's still all stock. Silverstone is an amazing color. Now that I have it, I'm not sure I could wait to reorder. Out of all the choices, what exhaust sounds deep and has the overrun and burbles like the ZCP exhaust? I've read through so many threads I'm not sure which is which now.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #12
mercedesc63
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop

Quote:
I was just reading through the responses and noticed I forgot to list the exec package as well. I guess that's what happens when I post at 2 am. The car stickered at $79k and some change. I got it for $72k and some change. I hope to get some photos up soon but since I just picked it up last Friday it's still all stock. Silverstone is an amazing color. Now that I have it, I'm not sure I could wait to reorder. Out of all the choices, what exhaust sounds deep and has the overrun and burbles like the ZCP exhaust? I've read through so many threads I'm not sure which is which now.
The exhaust and wheels sure are nice but not worth 5k.

If you want more crackle/burble in your exhaust consider finding an aftermarket one.

Also the wheels are cool but you can get a nice wheel/tire package for cheap. Also the 285's just aren't wide enough for me I would say at least 305s.

If you wanna know which I would buy it would be this one:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1264587
      06-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #13
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey21 View Post
drive the car. IMO comp package is cool, but once you hit 80's on an m3, it defeats he purpose of buying a suped up 3 series... then you're in porsche/ aston martin territory
Except they dont have 4 doors, can't drive kids to soccer, and none of those will do costco runs. So even up to $100k the M3 works (M4 maybe not as much as the alternative cars you correctly pointed out)
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2016, 03:17 PM   #14
CityLife
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I don't blame you, I bought a 2016 and wanted to order CP before the car even arrived. I got about $10K off a $73K sticker with ED and all discounts, however I live in a state with high sales taxes and no tax credits on trades so I'm pretty much stuck since I'm not willing to take the depreciation hit so early. I made the mistake of not checking the adaptive susp box, that is the main reason I would consider re-order.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #15
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLife
I don't blame you, I bought a 2016 and wanted to order CP before the car even arrived. I got about $10K off a $73K sticker with ED and all discounts, however I live in a state with high sales taxes and no tax credits on trades so I'm pretty much stuck since I'm not willing to take the depreciation hit so early. I made the mistake of not checking the adaptive susp box, that is the main reason I would consider re-order.
Why was that a mistake? I didn't check that box either. I'm picking up my car in Munich next month. I just don't get having a sports car/coupe with grandpa comfort settings. If I want that I will drive my wife's 340 which nowadays tends to resemble a Lexus more then a BMW. The first thing Ive done in all my previous BMWs is put everything in sport mode anyway. I like the raw feeling and can put up with the suspension being a little harsher as a daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 04:01 PM   #16
ixse
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 boxster s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post

If you want more crackle/burble in your exhaust consider finding an aftermarket one.

Also the wheels are cool but you can get a nice wheel/tire package for cheap. Also the 285's just aren't wide enough for me I would say at least 305s.

Crackle and burble is not due to exhaust alone, its mapping as well. The wheel you tagged is low end cast wheels, how you even compare that to oem wheels. Not only those, but small things like seats, seatbelts, blk grill and side markers, and big things like suspension components and their tuning, isnt something you can do "cheap". No matter how you look at it, cp pkg is a great deal and cant be done better w aftermarket parts at the same price.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2016, 04:05 PM   #17
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post

Crackle and burble is not due to exhaust alone, its mapping as well. The wheel you tagged is low end cast wheels, how you even compare that to oem wheels. Not only those, but small things like seats, seatbelts, blk grill and side markers, and big things like suspension components and their tuning, isnt something you can do "cheap". No matter how you look at it, cp pkg is a great deal and cant be done better w aftermarket parts at the same price.
He just needs the VF tune which gives a ton more power and the exhaust burbles for a fraction of the ZCP price.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 04:56 PM   #18
CardsRock76
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
He just needs the VF tune which gives a ton more power and the exhaust burbles for a fraction of the ZCP price.
What is this VF tune which you speak of? Where do i get it and how much does it cost? Sounds like it might be a good compromise. 5k for MPE is just ridiculous IMO. Other than all the new ZCP settings, the rest is all cosmetic. Plus, I absolutely love the black 19 wheels.

I have another unrelated question. I have full SO leather and carbon fiber trim. On the door panels in front and back, there used to be a chrome strip running down the side of the doors about half way down. I just noticed in my car though, they're matte black cheap plastic looking strips instead. What's the deal? Looks really tacky on a car at this price point. Does anyone do them in carbon fiber?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 05:44 PM   #19
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What is this VF tune which you speak of? Where do i get it and how much does it cost? Sounds like it might be a good compromise. 5k for MPE is just ridiculous IMO. Other than all the new ZCP settings, the rest is all cosmetic. Plus, I absolutely love the black 19 wheels.

I have another unrelated question. I have full SO leather and carbon fiber trim. On the door panels in front and back, there used to be a chrome strip running down the side of the doors about half way down. I just noticed in my car though, they're matte black cheap plastic looking strips instead. What's the deal? Looks really tacky on a car at this price point. Does anyone do them in carbon fiber?
Check it out. It's getting some good reviews.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 10:44 PM   #20
hockey21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16SSM3.Prev ymbM,e46m3,e39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Except they dont have 4 doors, can't drive kids to soccer, and none of those will do costco runs. So even up to $100k the M3 works (M4 maybe not as much as the alternative cars you correctly pointed out)

fair point, i don't have to think about that. but one word.. PANAMERAGTS

also, the 63k m3 will take the kids to soccer in the same fashion as the 100k m3, i am sorry i don't see the point in ordering that expensive of an m3. it'd be great to buy a used one once the options depreciate though
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 07:19 AM   #21
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post

yup. don't see why.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #22
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Why was that a mistake? I didn't check that box either. I'm picking up my car in Munich next month. I just don't get having a sports car/coupe with grandpa comfort settings. If I want that I will drive my wife's 340 which nowadays tends to resemble a Lexus more then a BMW. The first thing Ive done in all my previous BMWs is put everything in sport mode anyway. I like the raw feeling and can put up with the suspension being a little harsher as a daily driver.
There is much more to Adaptive Suspension than the ability to put the car in grandpa comfort settings. The AS is constantly adjusting to your driving style and conditions, no matter what stiffness settings you are in, factoring in speed and road types. In addition, the passive suspension is said to fall somewhere between sport and sport+, so if you like a stiffer suspension, you'll like the ability to put the car in Sport+.
Appreciate 0