Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-21-2016, 04:54 AM   #1
TheBurras
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

best timing of an M4 purchase

firstly Hi to all

since the sale of my modified M135i, and receipt of cheap but ultimately boring R estate, I have a real desire to scratch the M4 itch when my lease runs out end of next summer.

Q1 - being Scottish I always look for the best deal, so do I blow my savings and buy outright a fully spec'd SS/SS CP manual with all the trimmings or drop a large deposit and take advantage of a typical good HP deal

Q2 - with the new UK road tax laws, what is the latest I should consider getting one registered to avoid what appears to be a fairy big additional cost [ i.e. getting toward the cost of the service pack if my sums are right over 3 years] ?

Q3 - when is the M4 due it's model change, would feel a bit miffed if I owned mine less than 6 months when new model is released

Q4 - are the deals that are floating around right now likely to continue [fully spec'd for circa £57k?

I guess I don't mind having an overlap period of M4 with leased R estate, but I don't want to leave it too late when factoring in any of the above

thanks for reading
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 05:31 AM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurras
firstly Hi to all

since the sale of my modified M135i, and receipt of cheap but ultimately boring R estate, I have a real desire to scratch the M4 itch when my lease runs out end of next summer.

Good man!

Q1 - being Scottish I always look for the best deal, so do I blow my savings and buy outright a fully spec'd SS/SS CP manual with all the trimmings or drop a large deposit and take advantage of a typical good HP deal

Personally I would never buy cash outright but ETTO. If it was a high APR 6.9% it's worth considering but the M4 is down to 4.9 now I think. Saying that if you've got the cash, why not, you will Dave interest obviously.

Q2 - with the new UK road tax laws, what is the latest I should consider getting one registered to avoid what appears to be a fairy big additional cost [ i.e. getting toward the cost of the service pack if my sums are right over 3 years] ?
I understood this to be April 2017. Be careful with a lead time if exterior colour or interior leather is going to be indivudual, these can be hard to predict and to be safe maybe allow 6 months!

Q3 - when is the M4 due it's model change, would feel a bit miffed if I owned mine less than 6 months when new model is released
Not sure this is yet confirmed. As you know F80 had its LCI. F82 obviously late 2016 or worse early 2017, I agree that would hard to judge timings. Suggest once you order and get a slot, affirm with the SA that you want the M4 LCI and request the build delayed to meet. Will be tricky if LCI is 2017 for sure.

Q4 - are the deals that are floating around right now likely to continue [fully spec'd for circa £57k?
Nope already ended, they will return but IMO not for a while. Plan not to expect the TRL level £11k discount on my £56k build, slightly lesser deals are still great and way better than my original M4 @ crazy £930 PCM yikes!

I guess I don't mind having an overlap period of M4 with leased R estate, but I don't want to leave it too late when factoring in any of the above

thanks for reading
Let me try, my thoughts in the quote....
      05-21-2016, 05:36 AM   #3
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarChris View Post
Looks like his quote is the same? Cant see where you added anything?

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 05:43 AM   #4
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarChris View Post
Looks like his quote is the same? Cant see where you added anything?
Have to quote first in the app, then edit to answer....should be done now...
      05-21-2016, 06:09 AM   #5
TheBurras
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

thanks for replies, aware tony exhausted his stock pretty quickly, but I see a nice YMB M4 CP at P Vardy for £58k atm, and although my heart is set on ss/ss I could be swayed
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 06:45 AM   #6
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4, Lotus and Lancia

I don't think you will be able to match those initial TRL deals any time soon but I got within £20 a month (roughly £1,000) of those deals last week. It is just a matter of doing a bit of leg work, someone will always need to reach their targets
Appreciate 0