BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Missing "auto time set" check box?

I have a 2013 1er with CIC Sat Nav and Connected Drive. Is this car supposed to have a check box in the time/date menu for "auto time set"?

A few things got messed up with my car as I did an EU delivery, then the car was not PDI'd properly here. As in, they did not load North American maps, and the car was missing the "apps" package. Actually, it is STILL missing the "apps" package, but that is getting sorted right now with some kind of retrofit kit, but at least they are giving me a free cradle for my trouble. And for some reason, I can do map updates without having to enter any codes?!?

Anyways, do other 1ers have this?

This is a pic from an NBT Sat Nav I believe. Just wondering if we have it to?

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
Downeaster1
BMW Master Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E82, E90, F10, F80

Garage List
CIC's don't have that option. Also, I'm not totally sure how your vehicle wasn't delivered with Apps, as it's written into the VO (or vehicle order) when it leaves the plant. As a tech, we don't have the ability to add or delete options during the PDI process. When we connect the car to ISTA, it simply sets the time, enables navigation, and deletes transport mode. I'm guessing that they didn't order your vehicle correctly, and are now trying to backpedal.

However, that's really cool that you got a cradle for free though!
135is #502 of 586
BMW LED Performance Wheel | OEM FULL Carbon Fiber | E9X M3 Gauge Cluster | E9X Exterior Mirrors | E9X M3 Full Suspension | E9X M3 Diff | PT-CAN2 Enabled | Bilstiens | Michelin PSS's | NBT Navigation Retrofit with Touch Pad
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling CIC cars did not have it, was not sure though. Yet another basic feature other car companies have had for decades.

And yes, I believe the dealer forgot to order the 6NR package. When I did a VIN check, my VO did not show the package.

Unfortunately, I went in previously and asked a salesman (always a bad idea, I know), and he said the apps option would only show up if a cradle was installed. Just left it at that until recently.

Glad to be getting a free cradle out of it at least.

Finally getting this car (after almost 3 years) to where it should have been when delivered.

First was they did not load North American maps, car was showing sitting in the middle of the Atlantic when I picked it up, that took several calls to BMW Customer Service to straighten out, then the car was built without the Blacklines like it was supposed to, couple more trips there, now the apps package thing. Luckily all it needs is a "retrofit cable" and some coding/programming I am assuming.

Man I love this car though!
Appreciate 0