Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

warranty work

I have finally bit the bullet and booked my car in to try and deal with the rattles and squeaks..

I am going to feel a bit of a pr1ck when I point out the slightest humming sound from the dash and the fact that the seats squeak, + some other noise from the door card. but it really is spoiling the driving experience as all I am tuning into is these fecking noises.

hopefully they can sort it
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
I have finally bit the bullet and booked my car in to try and deal with the rattles and squeaks..

I am going to feel a bit of a pr1ck when I point out the slightest humming sound from the dash and the fact that the seats squeak, + some other noise from the door card. but it really is spoiling the driving experience as all I am tuning into is these fecking noises.

Do what I do. Film it all with a phone. That way if the car decides to behave when you book it in, they can still hear it.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #3
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

good shout !
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Or if it know fault point it out to them show them details of others that have had the same, instead of the it's a characteristic of the car , yes quick video very handy
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 04:36 PM   #5
djcevo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London

Totally agree mate. Mine goes into BMW next Tuesday for exactly the same issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 03:39 AM   #6
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I would always take the car back with any minor niggle like that. I'm always nice about it, I don't shout or get silly about it but I will not let them get away with not sorting the problem.

At the end of the day we spend a lot of money on a premium model car, premium to me does not mean we live with squeaks, rattles or things not being just right.

My dealer knows this about me and have always been very good about any problems. As much as I would prefer not to have the problems I still always rate a company based on how they deal with them.

" they do that" is not a good enough answer for me, especially when it didn't "do that" when it was first collected
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 06:01 AM   #7
Rodley123
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe

Garage List
2014 BMW M4/F82  [8.50]

Last edited by Rodley123; 04-22-2016 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0