Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
7sss
Rep
Drives: M4 Mineral White

My Brand New M4 Mineral white ..... Need some help A.s.a.p

Ive had my m4 since the 1st of march purchased it brand new its a 2016 coupe with the carbon roof mineral white with shakir orange leather surround view camera and reverse camera carbon trim inside etc basically fully loaded accept for the led headlights which im gutted about i tried to change them while the car was being built but i was too late and im really regretting it. As we speak i have 7 grand worth of extras being fitted including mpe with carbon tips with rear diffuser front splitter carbon gear lever and carbon handbrake, also black kidney grills and the side intakes. My point being is I've spent a lot of money and gone all out on the car and i really want to get the led lights to complete the look if anyone could advice me or help me would be very grateful.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #2
sos
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Drive the car...enjoy it....the lights don't make it handle differently.
      04-12-2016, 05:25 PM   #3
7sss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sos View Post
Drive the car...enjoy it....the lights don't make it handle differently.
I know m8 but when you have spent so much money it would just complete the look its literally fully loaded and with all my m performance parts being installed it would just finish the look the led lights look so mean guess its my inner perfectionist coming out lol
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #4
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Well as LED lights are a £1600 option, you could safely say it's going to cost a hell of a lot more to get them retro fitted.

What do you want advise on? Whether to buy them or where to source them from? Or what?

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
7sss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Well as LED lights are a £1600 option, you could safely say it's going to cost a hell of a lot more to get them retro fitted.

What do you want advise on? Whether to buy them or where to source them from? Or what?
where to get them and how i should go about it i don't care about the cost I've spent so much on m performance parts and the spec on the car i just want to give it that finishing touch with the led lights .... do you have them and do you think they look much better then the xenons ??
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #6
dunny247
dunny
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f80 m3 frozen black

Hate to say it but yes they do look better. I know this just adds to your agony and I wish I had a solution.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:17 PM   #7
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sss View Post
where to get them and how i should go about it i don't care about the cost I've spent so much on m performance parts and the spec on the car i just want to give it that finishing touch with the led lights .... do you have them and do you think they look much better then the xenons ??
I guess your dealer will be the first port of call. But make sure you are sitting down when you take the call.

I don't blame you wanting the upgrade, but it'll cost and its money you won't get back. And although they could be fitted to the car, they won't be down as an option that came with the car, against the VIN

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 12:28 AM   #8
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Mate,
I dont have them, can't say I have missed them. I would possibly order them if I bought another mainstream M4 model F80, F83, F83. Your car will look wicked with all your Mods, save your money and buy lowering springs or coil overs etc that will give you a lower stance.

Denso
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2016, 01:48 AM   #9
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99

Yup pretty spot on, it's possible of course, trawl the US threads for LED retrofit and speak to your dealer but be prepared for £2000++

Enjoy the car as is.....where will you stop?

It's not got the competition pack for example, a mere £3k (likely £2500 with discounts), it's not a GTS, it's not hot the optional £10k CF wheels the GTS can get......etc etc

Difficult to always max out, you have an amazing car that would would look fractionally better with LEDs but not much. The Xenons DRLs being classically rounder look better to me but the LED light is more naturally white and high bean is cool.

Good luck and the car, post some MPE clips when fitted, beastly sound!
      04-13-2016, 02:04 AM   #10
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Mate,
I dont have them, can't say I have missed them. I would possibly order them if I bought another mainstream M4 model F80, F83, F83. Your car will look wicked with all your Mods, save your money and buy lowering springs or coil overs etc that will give you a lower stance.

Denso
Precisely what Denso says. Use that cash to sort out suspension. I would rather get rid of that arch gap ANY day than have LEDs.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 03:07 AM   #11
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

this is pretty much the only option I have left off my order.

just not worth it. others will see the cosmetic difference you will not.

as for a difference in visibility from what I have read there is little difference just a different colour of light

don't bother
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2016, 05:09 AM   #12
7sss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post

as for a difference in visibility from what I have read there is little difference just a different colour of light

don't bother
m8 i would order them i really regret it my stupid salesman talked me out of it and by time i changed my mind it was too late it gives the car a meaner look .
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 05:10 AM   #13
7sss
Rep

Quote:
Mate,

Denso
What springs would you recommend and are there any m car meets happening in the near future would love to meet some other owners ??
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 05:12 AM   #14
7sss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarChris View Post
Yup pretty spot on, it's possible of course, trawl the US threads for LED retrofit and speak to your dealer but be prepared for £2000++

Enjoy the car as is.....where will you stop?

It's not got the competition pack for example, a mere £3k (likely £2500 with discounts), it's not a GTS, it's not hot the optional £10k CF wheels the GTS can get......etc etc

Difficult to always max out, you have an amazing car that would would look fractionally better with LEDs but not much. The Xenons DRLs being classically rounder look better to me but the LED light is more naturally white and high bean is cool.

Good luck and the car, post some MPE clips when fitted, beastly sound!
The mpe exhaust is getting fitted as we speak bmw have had my car for the last three days hope it was worth the 4 grand price tag :/
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 05:19 AM   #15
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy

don't bother
Totally agree, I have LEDs on the merc and they are not that great.. £1600 is a lot for lights that are not that much better
      04-13-2016, 06:35 AM   #16
7sss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Totally agree, I have LEDs on the merc and they are not that great.. £1600 is a lot for lights that are not that much better
Might trade in the m4 for the c63s coupe its 50/50 atm.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 06:51 AM   #17
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
What springs would you recommend and are there any m car meets happening in the near future would love to meet some other owners ??
Eibach pro or KW HAS if you want coil overs.

Denso
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 06:55 AM   #18
Valentino_f82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 MW/SO DCT

Get oss design headlights. Or buy me a pair and I'll give u my Led headlights .. Win win situation
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #19
7sss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino_f82 View Post
Get oss design headlights. Or buy me a pair and I'll give u my Led headlights .. Win win situation
Can you get them in the uk ??
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 07:35 AM   #20
Valentino_f82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 MW/SO DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino_f82 View Post
Can you get them in the uk ??
I'm pretty sure u can. Someone just put a pair on their car with the car being located in Australia. Contact the company. They would know best
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #21
7sss
Rep

Quote:
Eibach pro or KW HAS if you want coil overs.

Denso
What exhaust system do you have denso I've got the mpe going on i hope it was worth the 4k price tag I've never heard it in person hoping it makes the car sound amazing !
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #22
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
What exhaust system do you have denso I've got the mpe going on i hope it was worth the 4k price tag I've never heard it in person hoping it makes the car sound amazing !
MPE,

Denso
Appreciate 0