BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-08-2016, 08:42 AM   #1
Raffi
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

CIC compatible with NBT screen?

I don't know if this topic has been covered or not but my CIC screen has a considerable about of dead pixels and I was curious if I'd be able to use a screen from an NBT setup. Anyone know? I think from what I've seen that the NBT connection has 2 additional wires on it, would I be able to splice wires from somewhere else in the harness to connect on the NBT fakra cable? I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffi View Post
I don't know if this topic has been covered or not but my CIC screen has a considerable about of dead pixels and I was curious if I'd be able to use a screen from an NBT setup. Anyone know? I think from what I've seen that the NBT connection has 2 additional wires on it, would I be able to splice wires from somewhere else in the harness to connect on the NBT fakra cable? I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.
You can't.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 04:56 AM   #3
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
CIC screen uses LVDS for the display connection. NBT uses APIX for the display connection. Two very different and incompatible protocols. Trying to splice one into the other would most likely damage the screen or the CIC.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #4
Raffi
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon
Quote:
CIC screen uses LVDS for the display connection. NBT uses APIX for the display connection. Two very different and incompatible protocols. Trying to splice one into the other would most likely damage the screen or the CIC.
Dracon, thank you very much for elaborating why they aren't compatible.
Appreciate 0