03-29-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
Ryngo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 X5///M, DG

Only 2 Diffuser Options - really?

Warning: angry poster!

I am in need of some diffuser therapy.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of diffuser options for the F85. And quite frankly - I'm jealous 3DD has the F86 option. Don't get me wrong - the RKP version is nice ... But it just doesn't fit the look I'm going for. RW Carbon - same exact design. Akra - I think it's ok - but only with the akra exhaust as its heavily branded. w/ out the exhaust - seems out of place to me.

Maybe someone can help me out. Does it usually take this long for products like these to hit the market? There's tuners galore, wheels everywhere, but only 2 diffuser styles. I really really wish 3DD would produce an F85 version. And why doesn't BMW have this as an M performance part. Makes no sense.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
tastelid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I wasnt aware that the 3dd was f86 exclusive?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Ryngo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 X5///M, DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastelid View Post
I wasnt aware that the 3dd was f86 exclusive?
Yea the rear is. The front lip fits both apparently.

IND was going to check it just in case but I'm 99.9% sure it won't.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 09:11 PM   #4
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

It usually takes around 2 years before tuners start releasing more and any products at all.

It seems that the e70 x5m was much popular and not so much with the f85. The f85 is odd looking at certain angles and I really didn't like it but the drive and performance sold me.

As the chassis gets older and more affordable on the resale market the tuners normally realize and start producing

On the other hand the e70 only had around 3-4 aero options also. Most don't go aero on a M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryngo View Post
Warning: angry poster!

I am in need of some diffuser therapy.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of diffuser options for the F85. And quite frankly - I'm jealous 3DD has the F86 option. Don't get me wrong - the RKP version is nice ... But it just doesn't fit the look I'm going for. RW Carbon - same exact design. Akra - I think it's ok - but only with the akra exhaust as its heavily branded. w/ out the exhaust - seems out of place to me.

Maybe someone can help me out. Does it usually take this long for products like these to hit the market? There's tuners galore, wheels everywhere, but only 2 diffuser styles. I really really wish 3DD would produce an F85 version. And why doesn't BMW have this as an M performance part. Makes no sense.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 1