BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-05-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
kingkevbo
Rep
Drives: E88 120d

Bluetooth Audio

Hello all.

I have a 2010 German edition e88 120d. It has the CIC, but with the narrower screen than the 2011 or 2012 (not sure) versions do. The bluetooth phone feature works well, but there seems to be no option to use bluetooth audio.

Can this feature be enabled somehow with a SW upgrade or something? I love the car so I'm in for the long haul with it, and I'm willing to buy what's needed to upgrade the system if need be.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:16 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Do you have a USB port & aux in - in the center console ? Option 6FL

IF so, you could use something like this...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:51 AM   #3
kingkevbo
Rep

Thanks for the reply.

I have the USB and Aux in. I'm currently using the USB for mp3s on a flash disk, and using the AUX in for spotify from the phone.

I'm kind of a purist and would really like to get this working though the standard equipment if possible. In fact its the only option. If its not possible I'll just carry on using the aux cable.

Does the fact I have bluetooth phone connection mean I have the combox? How can I check? Is the combox needed for bluetooth audio?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Do you have a USB port & aux in - in the center console ? Option 6FL

IF so, you could use something like this...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

I have the tune2air. Since I have the combox I got the WMA2000 and can stream direct to the USB. If don't have the combox (i.e. you need the y cable to play using your phone) then you need the WMA3000 I believe.

Either way, sound quality is fantastic with the device. Its a bit (more to spend but works great. You can skip tracks from the steering wheel + volume control.

If you just want to stream to the auxin you can use something like the iStream ISBT52 which works fine but not as good quality. I used one with my old '04 545i b/c I didn't have the USB. It works good too. I have it listed for sale in the classifieds... just say'n
      02-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #5
kingkevbo
Rep

Thanks again for the replies. I'd just like to reiterate, I'm interested in they ways on how to get this working through the standard CIC, as I know is possible on other CICs.

I'm looking for software/firmware updates to the CIC tips, option enabling etc. Coding cabling/SW i need to buy etc. I'm not looking for some additional bluetooth adaptor plugged into the AUX/USB port.

Anyone who could help here?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #6
ExigeS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
I have the tune2air. Since I have the combox I got the WMA2000 and can stream direct to the USB. If don't have the combox (i.e. you need the y cable to play using your phone) then you need the WMA3000 I believe.

Either way, sound quality is fantastic with the device. Its a bit (more to spend but works great. You can skip tracks from the steering wheel + volume control.

If you just want to stream to the auxin you can use something like the iStream ISBT52 which works fine but not as good quality. I used one with my old '04 545i b/c I didn't have the USB. It works good too. I have it listed for sale in the classifieds... just say'n
Couple questions for you if you don't mind. Do you have problems with it dropping out every couple of minutes? The bluetooth connection seems to drop off and it switches to AM/FM, then I need to manually switch back. Also, do your steering wheel controls actually work for forward/back?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 11:50 PM   #7
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExigeS View Post
Couple questions for you if you don't mind. Do you have problems with it dropping out every couple of minutes? The bluetooth connection seems to drop off and it switches to AM/FM, then I need to manually switch back. Also, do your steering wheel controls actually work for forward/back?
It doesn't drop out. So far it connects up when I start the car, plays fine all the time. I play pandora & it definitely allows me to skip tracks. Pandora doesn't let you skip back but I guess I could test it on my iTunes. Haven't listened to the iTunes in a couple years. Lol
Appreciate 0