Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

01-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
rockitdoc
Private
Rep
Drives: F83 MG/Amaro, 6MT Ordered

Aftermarket Wheels Tires?

Wow, is this complicated! I'm ordering the car with 18" for winter use. Spending the bucks that BMW would have charged for the 19"s to get some aftermarket wheels. Bronze will work well with the MG/Golden Brown I think, but which ones?

Offsets. Forged. Flowed. Monoblocks. Fronts narrower than rear? Not going racing, so stock offsets and widths are probably gonna be fine. I'm thinking equal rim widths front to back for economy and rotation/mileage.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

So many different variables here to help you choose. Best place to start is your budget. If you are in flow form territory then most wheels will come with pre-shaved offsets for the F8x. You can also go with Forgestar and choose your own offsets and finish. If you want to do forged wheels then you can pretty much customize the wheel however you like.

There are MANY choices either way. Just look for a style you like and go from there. Feel free to PM or email me with any questions. I'm happy to help.
Appreciate 0