BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
bruce4888
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 m3

E93 m3 not starting no electronics working PLEASE HELP

HI ALL,
I left my 2011 E93 M3 parked for about 2 hours
when i came back i heard my alarm was on i try unlocking the door with the remote control but no luck i had to open the door manually with the key then the alarm shut off.
i insert the key and press start stop but nothing comes on.. no electric..no dashboard lights nothing next i jump start the car for about 15 minutes and still no reaction nothing is turning on what should i do?
the car seems completely dead.. maybe i left the car door open? and it drained the battery?
anyhow it is not turning on whatsoever not even the dashboard lights
if anyone could help i would really appreciate it
I do not have access to the trunk as there is no key hole
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
I had this happen to me very recently and it was very annoying especially after I had roadside assistance tell me my battery was perfectly fine.

I had the IBS cable replaced but that didn't fix it. For me when I went to use comfort access it would trigger the car alarm. I've started using the keyfob to unlock only.

Try this:

* open up the fuse box and push every fuse in
* wiggle the battery cable connecting to the fuse box as it might have gotten corroded
* disconnect IBS cable - see if power comes back. All you need to do is unplug the small jumper like wire.

My problem didn't come back after I messed with the fuse box. Fuse box is in the glove compartment by the way. You'll know you've fixed it because all the cars electronics will suddenly wake up
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Also some people had an issue where their EDC module went bad and was applying a voltage to the wake up line. You could try disconnecting that to see if you get power restored too.

Good luck, there seems to be a bunch of us starting to see this issue.
Appreciate 0