BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

11-16-2015, 12:04 PM   #1
Grits-N-Gravy
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Hello Everyone, apologies on posting this both here in the general thread, and in the M section, as I was unsure where to post...I will be bringing up this issue with BMW NA and the dealership in person tomorrow morning again, per my Fiancee pushing me to bring it up (she is a lawyer).

I have a 2011 E93 M3, and have been without my car now for 2 months, as it is still at the dealership. Was hoping you could all share some advice, or possibly anyone here has been through this...

So the issue started a couple of months ago where I would be driving the car all fine, and then when I parked it whether home, or at gym, I would come out to find my car completely dead, no power to unlock, nothing worked, I had to open the car with the actual key, and only driver side worked. The alarm on the car would however go off, and keep going off until dead (I hear its on a diff power module). I tried to jump the car, no luck. And at first it would do this and be dead for a couple of hours, or overnight, to be fine the next day. Rain was not a factor as it did it in times when it rained or times it didn't rain. My initial reach-out to BMW was answered with we cant fix until its broken, and BMW NA said the recall for this type of issue of car turning off is on 3 series cars, and not the M class, yours is different, although same issues...

The last time it happened, it was completely dead for days, and I had to have it towed in. That was over 2 months ago. I have a 3rd party warranty (Carchex), and the dealer told me "good news, they have approved everything". And said they had to replace the alternator and battery (the battery was replaced 4 months prior as well..). Then it took longer than usual, as he said they messed up computer or something, and had to wait on replacement parts for the computer module... This would have been fine, until I just found out recently when contacting my warranty for reimbursement on a rental while I waited for a loaner, and they told me that BMW NEVER contacted them, and only had anything on file for me when I called the tow.

So my car was fixed, but once I got my car back, it had internal damage, and external damage, and things of mine had been not returned with the car. I called them up and they apologized and have had my car for now another 3 weeks and have done ANYTHING and EVERYTHING under the sun for me, which seems to be trying to cover the car up, all free of charge for "my trouble". This includes re-painting the car, new exhaust (M Perfromance $4,000 retail on site), mirrors replaced with Carbon fiber, new matts, GPS update, interior parts replaced and the list goes on...

Thanks for reading all that, and I welcome any thoughts/experience/suggestions anyone has. After looking up past car issues I am concerned of it shutting off in future on me while driving, lighting on fire etc, and my "Legal counsel" and others have said to bring it up with BMW and if anything request a new car, regardless of the work they have put in to it.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
wtf. sounds bizarre. have they crashed the car somehow!? Sounds like something has happened that they are trying to cover up......you need to ask to speak to the owner of the dealership, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Certified BMW dealer sold you the car?
Isn't there a lemon law?
Lawyer up!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #4
aris21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92

your fiancee should know the answer to this since she's a lawyer. I would lose my mind if I were in your position. With your problem.. something is draining your battery and the shop should be able to diagnose this easily. Your situation is bizarre to say the least. I would have involved BMW NA much earlier.

Anyways, all the best!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
Grits-N-Gravy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris21 View Post
your fiancee should know the answer to this since she's a lawyer. I would lose my mind if I were in your position. With your problem.. something is draining your battery and the shop should be able to diagnose this easily. Your situation is bizarre to say the least. I would have involved BMW NA much earlier.

Anyways, all the best!
Thanks guys, will update on what happens. Spoke with BMW NA earlier, who is contacting the dealer and notifying BMW NA 'highers', and I am going in to speak with the dealer tomorrow.

Hope all is well on your ends!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
Grits-N-Gravy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
wtf. sounds bizarre. have they crashed the car somehow!? Sounds like something has happened that they are trying to cover up......you need to ask to speak to the owner of the dealership, IMO.
planning on speaking with him or someone of the nature tomorrow, sending an email to my rep now in meantime as heads up.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #7
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

You're not being very specific about the damage that happened, but if they crashed your car and it has any kind of significant damage, which it sounds like it may, I would demand a new one.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2015, 04:30 PM   #8
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits-N-Gravy View Post
Hello Everyone, apologies on posting this both here in the general thread, and in the M section, as I was unsure where to post...I will be bringing up this issue with BMW NA and the dealership in person tomorrow morning again, per my Fiancee pushing me to bring it up (she is a lawyer).

I have a 2011 E93 M3, and have been without my car now for 2 months, as it is still at the dealership. Was hoping you could all share some advice, or possibly anyone here has been through this...

So the issue started a couple of months ago where I would be driving the car all fine, and then when I parked it whether home, or at gym, I would come out to find my car completely dead, no power to unlock, nothing worked, I had to open the car with the actual key, and only driver side worked. The alarm on the car would however go off, and keep going off until dead (I hear its on a diff power module). I tried to jump the car, no luck. And at first it would do this and be dead for a couple of hours, or overnight, to be fine the next day. Rain was not a factor as it did it in times when it rained or times it didn't rain. My initial reach-out to BMW was answered with we cant fix until its broken, and BMW NA said the recall for this type of issue of car turning off is on 3 series cars, and not the M class, yours is different, although same issues...

The last time it happened, it was completely dead for days, and I had to have it towed in. That was over 2 months ago. I have a 3rd party warranty (Carchex), and the dealer told me "good news, they have approved everything". And said they had to replace the alternator and battery (the battery was replaced 4 months prior as well..). Then it took longer than usual, as he said they messed up computer or something, and had to wait on replacement parts for the computer module... This would have been fine, until I just found out recently when contacting my warranty for reimbursement on a rental while I waited for a loaner, and they told me that BMW NEVER contacted them, and only had anything on file for me when I called the tow.

So my car was fixed, but once I got my car back, it had internal damage, and external damage, and things of mine had been not returned with the car. I called them up and they apologized and have had my car for now another 3 weeks and have done ANYTHING and EVERYTHING under the sun for me, which seems to be trying to cover the car up, all free of charge for "my trouble". This includes re-painting the car, new exhaust (M Perfromance $4,000 retail on site), mirrors replaced with Carbon fiber, new matts, GPS update, interior parts replaced and the list goes on...

Thanks for reading all that, and I welcome any thoughts/experience/suggestions anyone has. After looking up past car issues I am concerned of it shutting off in future on me while driving, lighting on fire etc, and my "Legal counsel" and others have said to bring it up with BMW and if anything request a new car, regardless of the work they have put in to it.

Thoughts?
So sorry to hear about your troubles.

Can you please add additional detail about the internal and external damage? It would be good to know the total scope of damage to your vehicle, if you don't mind sharing.

My car was 'test driven' for and refilled with cheap fuel. I didn't record the mileage at that time but I have from that time, forward.

Please listen to your significant other...she is correct. Something is afoot here and it is not good. Not at all. Press them really hard and someone will crumble. I guarantee it.

Good luck and please keep us posted as the process moves forward.

Cheers-mk

P.S. Demand to see the car tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 07:24 AM   #9
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

Are you the original owner? Have you seen the car and is it actually damaged? You said, "things of mine had been not returned with the car" What did you leave in the car and of course, why would you leave anything valuable with the car.

None of what you wrote makes sense unless you explain internal and external damage. I would call your insurance carrier if the car has actual damage and have them send out an adjuster. They will put pressure on the dealer and its carrier.

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 09:47 AM   #10
delirium330
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 3 Pedals

Yeah, the dead battery or whatever isn't the problem here. You could have just said, "I took my car to get fixed for a battery issue and then the dealer told me they messed something up...". The problem is they messed up something so badly they needed to re-paint the car and give you a free performance exhaust?! What? That makes no sense, especially from a dealer.

Also, why did you post the same thread in like 4 other forums categories?
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #11
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

This makes no sense at all.
Your writting seems illogical and in many ways shady and that of a juvenile.

Based on how you wrote that story I would not trust you one bit.

Last edited by Rajmun340; 11-18-2015 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #12
delirium330
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 3 Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
This makes no sense at all.
Your writting seems illogical and in many ways shady and that of a juvenile.

Based on how you wrote that story I would not trust you one bit.
Along with posting in like 4 other forum categories, mods should watch out for a troll.
Appreciate 0