BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
aira
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 SSII E90 ZCP M3

Alarm goes off when trying to unlock the door

So lately when I try to get into my car, the alarm would go off. The key fob is useless and it seems as though there's no power in my car. So then I would have to wait for it to be done with its tantrum and it'll suddenly start working again. The message that pops up when I start my car is "the battery has been disconnected". I checked the connections and it's good.

Now I can't even drive my car now because all it does is have its tantrum. I had the battery tested at advance auto and the guy said it was good but a little low.

I'm not sure what's my next step. Maybe you guys can help.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
stevelp99
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

sounds like a failing battery to me. Usually the first thing to stop working is the key fob for me when the battery starts to get low, followed by odd electrical gremlins, and the resetting of the clock. Yes the battery may be good enough to start but the car is preserving itself by eliminating other electrical parts of the car so there is enough juice to crank the engine.
Appreciate 0