Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

10-21-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Adaptive Headlight Malfunction (LED)

I took my car to the dealership today to fix the adaptive malfunction light that keeps annoying the hell out of me. They said I'd have to bring it back and leave it for a few days because they need BMW to help diagnosis or something like that, but I wasn't ready to part with the car since I literally just picked it up few days ago and still enjoying it, so I'm thinking of doing it together with the 1200 service..

Little background on my car..
I just picked up my car last week, and right when I drove my car off the lot, the adaptive headlight malfunction lit up. My lights work fine, except when the malfunction is on, the lights stop swiveling. Sometimes if I start the car and put it in auto lights, the error goes away, but usually it doesn't.

Dealership wants me to leave the car but it's just difficult with my work schedule / how far the dealership is away, and if its a small issue I'd rather tackle it myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Wondering if this was a VPC error and they didn't code the US adaptive headlight correctly..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 07:58 PM   #2
Thanh386
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F82

They should provide you with a car.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #3
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh386 View Post
They should provide you with a car.
this wasn't really about providing me with a car or not, and my service advisor did offer but I decided to take car home since I just got it and wanted to drive it still haha. Nothing to do with dealership, I just didn't want to leave my car there for a few days now, and then again in a few weeks for the 1200 mile service.. rather do it all at once. In the meantime..
Appreciate 0