EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #1
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

ED- Can you use the premiere lounge after your delivery? ie- lunch?

Hi all

Quick question for those that have been there. After you take delivery and park your car outside (or valet it, not sure how it works getting your luggage from storage into the cars trunk... presumably this occurs after delivery outside?), can you still go back inside and use the premiere lounge to grab some food/drink ? We will be short on time and probably needing some food after delivery, so ideally we would like to go back in and grab eat some food before hitting the road.

Do we park the car outside while we get the luggage and food or do we have to valet it at the Welt ? (ideally outside so that I don't have to waste time with the valet)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #2
woobiee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46/F82

Yup. No problems at all. Take advantage of it as much as you like.

They usually take your luggage from you prior to your delivery. When you take delivery, they bring the luggage to you so you can put it in your trunk. Once finished you drive off and either valet it or drive it yourself to the parking garage below. Ask for parking vouchers.

They also do not check if you are allowed up there in the lounge...
      10-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #3
V3rbatim
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3

Ye feel free to go back. They dont even check if you are suppose to be there or not. The money we spent on our car, we should be able to go there whenever the hell we want lol.
      10-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #4
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rbatim View Post
Ye feel free to go back. They dont even check if you are suppose to be there or not. The money we spent on our car, we should be able to go there whenever the hell we want lol.
LoL.. very true.

Thanks all.

By the way, is there a place to park outside for a short time while I apply Optiseal, trakktape, etc ?? I thought there was but some peoples pics do not appear to show it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #5
woobiee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

There are several spots out front but I think they are reserved -- though it may be reserved for customers like you and I. So it may be okay to park there while you do your thing. Might want to ask about that first.
      10-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

Tks for bringing this up, I had a similar question that I will take a step further. I will be in Munich most of the week during my ED, can I still go back to the Welt even after the delivery day and take advantage of these free food/drinks "perks" while I am in Munich?

Also, what kind of food is offered, just hors d'oeuvres like or full blown lunch/dinner type food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Hi all

Quick question for those that have been there. After you take delivery and park your car outside (or valet it, not sure how it works getting your luggage from storage into the cars trunk... presumably this occurs after delivery outside?), can you still go back inside and use the premiere lounge to grab some food/drink ? We will be short on time and probably needing some food after delivery, so ideally we would like to go back in and grab eat some food before hitting the road.

Do we park the car outside while we get the luggage and food or do we have to valet it at the Welt ? (ideally outside so that I don't have to waste time with the valet)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #7
woobiee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just cold cuts, juices, beers, sodas, coffee, sausages, few salads/pasta salads, pastries, etc.

You can go in whenever you want, before or after delivery; though you may get tired of the food after a couple days.
      10-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #8
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

I saw they have a few restaurants at the Welt according to my ED package, has anyone been to any of them? Just curious if they are any good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by woobiee View Post
Just cold cuts, juices, beers, sodas, coffee, sausages, few salads/pasta salads, pastries, etc.

You can go in whenever you want, before or after delivery; though you may get tired of the food after a couple days.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #9
woobiee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I've tried EssZimmer and Bavarie.

EssZimmer was fantastic -- one of the best meals I've had in a long time. It received one michelin star within 8 months of opening. Expect a 2-4 hour experience. Expensive but well worth it.

Bavarie was good but over priced.
      10-02-2015, 03:17 PM   #10
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

appreciate the info.

Quote:

EssZimmer was fantastic -- one of the best meals I've had in a long time. It received one michelin star within 8 months of opening. Expect a 2-4 hour experience. Expensive but well worth it.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #11
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
Tks for bringing this up, I had a similar question that I will take a step further. I will be in Munich most of the week during my ED, can I still go back to the Welt even after the delivery day and take advantage of these free food/drinks "perks" while I am in Munich?

Also, what kind of food is offered, just hors d'oeuvres like or full blown lunch/dinner type food?
jeremicium actually met me in the lounge the day after he picked up his car and told me they had no issue letting him back in. He even told them he had already picked up his car. So I'm pretty sure you can come back and enjoy the perks. I mean, you did just spend $70-80k there hahah.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #12
cvx1984
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
LoL.. very true.

Thanks all.

By the way, is there a place to park outside for a short time while I apply Optiseal, trakktape, etc ?? I thought there was but some peoples pics do not appear to show it.
I would apply in the Welt parking garage. Just ask for a bunch of parking passes. They gave me like 7 or 8 a few weeks ago. Go to the bottom level then to the G or H section. There were tons of open spots with no other cars around and you don't have to deal with wind or rain.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #13
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

sorry to hijack the thread but this is another question I had as I prepare for my delivery in 7 weeks.
Are these passes good for 24 hours or just while the Welt is open? I am thinking of just leaving my car parked at the Welt if the parking at my hotel sucks (+ it saves me 20+ euros a day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvx1984 View Post
I would apply in the Welt parking garage. Just ask for a bunch of parking passes. They gave me like 7 or 8 a few weeks ago. Go to the bottom level then to the G or H section. There were tons of open spots with no other cars around and you don't have to deal with wind or rain.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 04:09 PM   #14
woobiee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
sorry to hijack the thread but this is another question I had as I prepare for my delivery in 7 weeks.
Are these passes good for 24 hours or just while the Welt is open? I am thinking of just leaving my car parked at the Welt if the parking at my hotel sucks (+ it saves me 20+ euros a day).
Not sure but my guess is it's just a pass to get out of the garage, that being a few hours or a few days.

However, I do recall if you leave the car overnight, you won't be able to get it out during off hours; I believe that is midnight to 8am.
      10-02-2015, 04:10 PM   #15
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yea I hear they let you park there the entire time if you want.. if you run out of passes you just go to the desk and ask for more. The parking is essentially unlimited.

On a side note- since there is free and unlimited alcohol, has anyone gotten "lit" in the lounge?? How classy would that be to just hang out there for like 3 hours and binge drink, LOL.

Quote:

Ya EssZimmer is Michelin star stuff.. supposedly excellent. I just can't get over the fact that its in a glorified dealership ;P I looked at the menu of Bavarie last night, and ya it looks good if you aren't ready for a 3 hour expensive meal. So there are options there. But thats only if you have to eat there.

By the way, you guys notice that almost NO restaurants are open on Sunday ?? WTF ? We wanted to go out to a fancy dinner on Sunday, and almost EVERYTHING is shut on Sunday. Lazy europeans. ;P

Last edited by absoluteis350; 10-02-2015 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #16
cvx1984
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woobiee
Quote:
Not sure but my guess is it's just a pass to get out of the garage, that being a few hours or a few days.

However, I do recall if you leave the car overnight, you won't be able to get it out during off hours; I believe that is midnight to 8am.
The garage closes at midnight. I actually was cleaning my car and lost track of time. I went to leave to go on the ubahn and was locked out! I went to the pay for parking meter and I called help and they opened the garage remotely. I was panicking for sure and thought I would have to sleep the night in the car
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #17
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
I went back to the lounge two weeks later before I did the factory tour. I just walked in and nobody said anything to me. You can just valet your car and there is no need for parking validation.

ED 8/18 - PCD 10/19 | 2016 F82 M4 6MT | Alpine White | CF Roof | CF Trim | Black Extended Leather | Executive Package | Lighting Package | Adaptive M Suspension | 19" 437M Black Wheels
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #18
mptpa
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by woobiee
There are several spots out front but I think they are reserved -- though it may be reserved for customers like you and I. So it may be okay to park there while you do your thing. Might want to ask about that first.
Yes you can. When I did my ED, I asked the front desk and they just asked me to leave it in front. I was back in for an hour and I come back, there were many people taking pics. This was about 2 months after release last year in August and the color combo made it shine (AY/SO). There are also a few spots reserved that they will Let you park in.
2015 M4 (ED Aug 2014) Austin Yellow/Sakhir Orange, EXEC, DCT, LED, Driver Assist (SOLD)
2015 328GT (ED Apr 15), White, loaded (Wife's)
2012 X3 2.8, Dark Blue/Red (Wife's SOLD)
Retired: 2011 535i, ED / 2008 335is / 2006 525i ED,
2003 525i ED / 2002 Audi TT
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #19
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 SOLD, 2016 M3 coming..

When I did my ED back in June of 2014, after I did the victory lap I had the car parked by valet and went back upstairs to the premier lounge to wait for the rest of our group to get their cars. No one said anything besides would you like some more beer??? I found that really odd as our ED delivery time was at 8:30am and we were back there around 9:45am, even better we were about to drive to Belgium yet here you are asking me if I want to drink? lol
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #20
e90-4aj
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: E46-M3, F80-M3, 970 GTS

Great info guys- I guess I know where I will be having breakfast/ lunch and parking my car
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #21
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 330i

Quote:
Yea I hear they let you park there the entire time if you want.. if you run out of passes you just go to the desk and ask for more. The parking is essentially unlimited.
hmm, that's good to know. I think at some point, we're going to take a few days and go either to London or Rome, taking the train. Not really interested in driving 9-10 hours one way. Probably would be the safest place to leave it as we'll likely come back to Munich and drive locally some more (castle hopping, maybe Salzberg) before we head back to the states.
Appreciate 0