GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

08-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

CQ-Quartz vs. Opticoat vs. Modesta

So whats the difference and what should I expect to pay? I will be taking delivery of a '16 LSB M3 and after it gets back to the states via ED, I was thinking of doing one of these coatings. Just not sure which one would be the best fit. I work at home so the car will be garaged 100% of the time unless I take it out if that matters. Was also thinking I should clear bra the front bumper. Any suggestions on what type of film for that would be appreciated as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
ddas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Daytona Violet M3

The only ones that know are the ones that have worked with the products. If someone has not used it, be wary of their biased opinion. Detailers like to talk about how great what they have is and everything else is garbage. Convenient, right? A few have used all of them.

You need to find a qualified detailer that can give you a good job. After speaking with the detailer you should be able to make a choice.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 02:20 AM   #3
adonisdetail
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

We are certified installers of all three products so can give you our honest perspective on each. They are all good products, we choose to represent the Modesta line as we have had tremendous success with its performance. We have a YMB M4 in right now for Modesta and Xpel Clear bra, I'm in Carlsbad feel free to stop by and take a look!

-Tim Coats
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #4
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 built july 1...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAD
We are certified installers of all three products so can give you our honest perspective on each. They are all good products, we choose to represent the Modesta line as we have had tremendous success with its performance. We have a YMB M4 in right now for Modesta and Xpel Clear bra, I'm in Carlsbad feel free to stop by and take a look!

-Tim Coats
So modesta in your opinion is best of all three?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #5
adonisdetail
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticor View Post
So modesta in your opinion is best of all three?
If your looking for the best paint coating system available on the market IMO it is Modesta. We have yet to come across anything that has performed as well over time as Modesta's In-Organic coating line up.
Appreciate 1