Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #1
DJPoop
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 C63s Coupe

(M4 lease) Kindly requesting a numbers check

EDIT - Deal is done....now Florida specific talk. Mods, please move if this belongs in a specific sub-forum.

Good evening all,

As you can surmise by my join date, I've been registered here for some time. I think I was in the market for an E90 M3 coupe back when I first registered. Sufficed to say I've been through two cars since then and neither have been BMWs. I think I'm about 90% set on closing on an M4 this weekend though. I just need a quick opinion on the numbers I've been quoted.

I've narrowed it down to two dealers. One is local to me here in Miami and the other is all the way up in Tallahassee (about 450 miles away). The Miami car is Mineral White with full Sakhir leather and the Tallahassee car is Alpine with full Sakhir. Other than that the Miami car has Driver Assistance Plus and black wheels.

As for the Driver Assistance Plus, I could care less, so I'd prefer to save the money to forgo having it. I do prefer the the Mineral White and black wheels, but I could certainly live with Alpine and light wheels. Obviously I'd rather go to a dealer down the street than across the entire state too. So there are pros and cons with each.

Based on the different build specs, the MSRP on the Miami car is just over $82k, while the Tallahassee car is about $79.5k.

I've been back and forth to get the final (best) offer on both cars, which I'm pasting below. I've run both on the good old Leasematic app,and neither match exactly. In fact, the Tallahassee car (despite the appearance of having a nice discount) is way off. See below:

Miami car. They will only discount $1k off of MSRP - not surprising in Miami with the this color combo):

Tallahassee car. These payment numbers make zero sense when I run the figures:

Also, I don't plan on putting any money down, but even if I did, for the sake of comparison,this is what I come up with on the Tallahassee car with $3k down just to make the comparison equal (and this price includes sales tax, which the dealer's above, I believe, doesn't:

So what gives? Thanks in advance for any replies!

EDIT - I almost wrote these guys off because they were such scumbags to deal with, but this is the final quote from another local dealer here in South Florida:

After reviewing this deal with the GSM we are prepared to offer you the following deal on this vehicle:

MSRP - 82315.00
SALE - 79936.00

36 mos. x 10k miles per year
Total due at start = 2223.00 [inception fees incl. 1st payment.] Payment = 1126.00 tax-in.
Total due at start =5223.00 [inception fees + 3k cap reduction] Payment = 1032.00 tax-in.

Last edited by DJPoop; 07-18-2015 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

FL dealers DO NOT negotiate. I would highly recommend to search outside of FLO-MSRP land. I'm sure there is a plethora o' inventory of M4 out there that you can negotiate on.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
DJPoop
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
FL dealers DO NOT negotiate. I would highly recommend to search outside of FLO-MSRP land. I'm sure there is a plethora o' inventory of M4 out there that you can negotiate on.
Yeah that may have to be the next step. I was hoping to make this is as simple as possible.....but, Flori-DUH.

I'm about the edit the post above with one other deal I've been quoted from another local dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 10:16 PM   #4
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G80 M3C - IOMG/KO

for starters, the app is telling you $6,200 up front while the dealers are saying $3,000 up front.
2017 BMW X5 40e M-Sport - Gone
2015 BMW M3 - Gone - ED Pickup June 2nd, 2015
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2015, 10:57 PM   #5
DJPoop
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
for starters, the app is telling you $6,200 up front while the dealers are saying $3,000 up front.
Well that's the guy that sent me his screen cap. He hasn't quoted a drive off payment. I just used the app and plugged in his MSRP, cap reduction, residual and MF and then added a $3k down payment for comparison because that's what he used. We on the same page here?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 10:14 AM   #6
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G80 M3C - IOMG/KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disinterested Observer View Post
Well that's the guy that sent me his screen cap. He hasn't quoted a drive off payment. I just used the app and plugged in his MSRP, cap reduction, residual and MF and then added a $3k down payment for comparison because that's what he used. We on the same page here?
That's where the difference is. The app assumes you are putting $3000 down + paying fees and taxes out of pocket which explains the $6,000 due at signing in the app. If you want them to match more closely you have to include taxes and fees into your cap cost. That will then be a closer apples to apples comparison.
2017 BMW X5 40e M-Sport - Gone
2015 BMW M3 - Gone - ED Pickup June 2nd, 2015
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 11:04 AM   #7
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Welcome to forum the one stop shop for good and bad BTW.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #8
DJPoop
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
That's where the difference is. The app assumes you are putting $3000 down + paying fees and taxes out of pocket which explains the $6,000 due at signing in the app. If you want them to match more closely you have to include taxes and fees into your cap cost. That will then be a closer apples to apples comparison.
Thanks, yeah i aspoke with the dealer this morning and worked it all out. The paperwork is being overnighted to me and they are only charging me $250 to ship it down here!

Here's the final deal I worked out:

MSRP: $79,575
Sale : $75,199
Fees: $1542
Zero down
61% residual
FL and Miami-Dade sales tax: 7%

Monthly payment: $1,012
Due at signing: $1,320

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 05:54 PM   #9
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Seriously, f*ck Florida dealers! I bought my 2011 and 2013 M3's out of state. I'm in South Florida, and the dealers here are the absolute worst! Just don't have a clue about the car business. I'll be going out of state as well for my M4 when I order....
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 06:13 PM   #10
verruckt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, G05 X5, Gen 2 Raptor

Horrible deal.

Braman or Holman (Fort Lauderdale / Pembroke) BMW?

EDIT: Nevermind... Braman
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #11
Tuscan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Public Transportation

I think I have seen the car you are interested in last week in Braman. Probably one of the worst dealerships in the country. There must be many other M4's in the same combo. I would shop around if I were you. Good luck.
      07-18-2015, 12:47 AM   #12
DJPoop
Private
United_States
Rep

Yeah scroll up a few posts. I closed the deal today on the car up in Tallahassee from Capital Motors. It should arrive on Monday, or Tuesday latest. I'm happy with the deal I got and the Sales Manager up there, Patrick Williams, was great. Totally helpful, professional, and most importantly, not completely full of shit...really one of the best car buying experiences I've had.

Actually, for anyone in south florida (or FL in general) here's a quick synopsis of my experience dealing with several dealerships these past few days.

So it's important to note that I wanted a white/full sakhir car with executive package, lighting package, adaptive suspension, HK audio, 19" wheels, iphone integration crap, etc. That limited it to 4 cars in the entire state that met my specs.

First up, Brahman. I test drove the car there and their particular one met my criteria to a T. They're also about a five minute drive from me so in terms of convenience that would have been ideal. I actually have no complaints about the guy I was working with...young kid named Andy. The problem is they wouldn't budge past $1k off of MSRP, and just to get them there was like pulling teeth. Andy actually admitted that his sales manager figures 'it's Miami, there are plenty of suckers out there, so why discount'.....living in Miami I can sort of see his point, but whatever. Bottom line, unless you want to just pay full MSRP, don't go there.

Next up was Vista. I can't emphasize this enough, but they are the absolute worst. Literally the most incompetent dumbasses I've ever dealt with trying to buy a car. After my initial email I got a call and requested their best offer, meaning actual sale price,as well as what MF and residual they were using. The salesman literally told me he wasn't at liberty to divulge the MF....seriously, what the fuck did you just say?! So after then getting their sales manger and then general manager on the phone, they tried to do everything they could to reel me back in. Even after quoting their "best" discount, their numbers didn't make sense when I ran them and they finally admitted they were jacking up the MF. I told them to go fuck themselves...plus their discount wasn't anything to write home about.

Then there's South BMW. Not much to say other than they just dropped the ball. Ive been working on this since Monday and their sales manager finally contacted me for the first time early this morning. I told him I was literally about to close a deal and he emailed me back saying he would match them, but by that time, I'd already closed. What morons.

So yeah, south florida apparently sucks. I definitely recommend Capital BMW up in Tallahassee though.
Appreciate 0