Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

06-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82

What is this?

After trying to avoid a punch of crap falling from the car to the side of me on the freeway I found this lovely some-what looking stain on the bumper. Normally I wouldn't be as irritated if I can figure out what it is... a scratch? a stain? something? but I just can't figure it out...

when I rub my fingers on it the paint is as smooth as anywhere else (wtf?) but water + microfiber or even a little bit of wax won't even alter the appearance at all and clearly won't make it go away.

I know I sound paranoid but its pissing me off I was literarily swerving all over the place to avoid small flying rocks, what looked like half of tree branches, and some other shit I couldn't identify, the picture quality does not do it justice because my camera really sucks, its very visible in person.

thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
davidkawai
Private
Rep
Drives: EVO IX, M3 F80 MW/SO 6MT

use paint thinner to wipe it off with a towel. It works for me when I got hit by a metal plate on highway, leaving me a big white mark on bumper. Just make sure you clean it by water after using thinner.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82

Do you mind if I ask which specific one you used?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
davidkawai
Private
Rep
Drives: EVO IX, M3 F80 MW/SO 6MT

I went to a body shop and they just wiped it off for me . then I realized all they used were paint thinner. try a small portion first before using it on the whole area.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #5
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

You can also try clay bar
Appreciate 0