Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
Jedi_M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 MG/SO

Furka and Grimsel Pass Questions

During my ED in July, one of my driving legs is from Varenna, Italy (Lake Como) to Lucerne, Switzerland, which I have budgeted a full day to drive in my M3. As part of the drive, I will take the St. Gotthard > Furka > Grimsel Passes to get to Lucerne.

Has anyone visited the Rhone Glacier/Ice Grotto next to Hotel Belvedere or the Gelmer Funicular (world's steepest) along this drive? I am looking for thing to see and do along this drive other than the beautiful scenery and am wondering if either one of these attractions is worth stopping off and experiencing?

Also, is there a trick to the drive transition to get from the St. Gotthard to the Furka Pass? I try to map it on Google Maps and the transitions seem to drive past the intersection then backtracks onto the Furka Pass.

Rhone Glacier and Ice Grotto (Entrance at Hotel Belvedere)
Gästecenter Obergoms, Im Kehr
3985 Münster
Web: http://www.wanderland.ch/en/services...keit-0210.html

Gelmer Funicular Railway (Gelmerbahn)
Grimselstrasse 19
3862 – Innertkirchen, Switzerland
Admission: 32 CHF
Tickets: Available at the Grimseltor Tourist Centre in Innertkirchen and at the bottom stations of the Gelmer Funicular.
Hours: Daily, 9am-5m
Web: http://www.grimselwelt.ch/grimsel-ex...mer-funicular/
Appreciate 0