EXXEL Distributions

05-28-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
mikimx
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Modded M3 - searching for previous owner for help

Hi all,

Recienty bought a e92 M3 with many mods thanks to the previous owner. Hope that maybe the previous owner is on this forum as I am short of knowledge about the car.... the garage I bought it from hadn't a clue.

Car was maintained by Fahys in Ireland... spoke to a very nice fella there and he has helped a bit with some of the mods and said the chap that owned it was very good to the car.

Hope somebody on here has seen the car before or knows some of the history. It would be great to fill in the gaps.

Car:
White 2008 manual M3 coupe

Mods:
ESS tuned
Akrapovic full system
BMC airfilter
Intrax coilovers (I believe)
GTS alloys
M Super sport tyres
BMW peformance recaros
BMW peformance steering wheel with displays
BMW peformance gear knob
Carbon vents-duck spoiler-splitters

Any help would be great if you know the car :-)

Cheers,
Mik
E92 M3 - Alpine - ESS - KW - Akrapovic Evo full - BMW CS recaro seats, V1 wheel, BMW carbon - Genuine GTS 359 alloys - MS spacers - Stack Gauges/ashpod - Dinan struts - BMC AF - UD pulleys - Uprated shells & bolts.

Last edited by mikimx; 05-29-2015 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
mikimx
United Kingdom
Rep

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  417.4 KB
E92 M3 - Alpine - ESS - KW - Akrapovic Evo full - BMW CS recaro seats, V1 wheel, BMW carbon - Genuine GTS 359 alloys - MS spacers - Stack Gauges/ashpod - Dinan struts - BMC AF - UD pulleys - Uprated shells & bolts.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
Mattaus
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

congrats mate, that looks like one hell of a car.

Did you buy it in Ireland? I can ask some of the Irish M3 owners about it, I'm sure they will know something.

When you say ESS tuned, do you mean supercharged? Someone has gone to a lot of time, effort and spent a shed load of money getting those parts on
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 02:36 PM   #4
mikimx
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi there,

Yes if you could ask around that would be fantastic.

I bought the car in England. I believe the previous owner bought it in Ireland from the first owner who did all the work. I think the second chap just bought it... used it as a toy for a year or so and sold it without any effort made.

The first chap had a private plate on the car I think it was X88 BMW if that's any use?? This showed up on the HPI.

I have most of the info from the chap at the garage in Ireland who was very helpfull but obviously, and rightfully so, wouldn't pass on any actual customer info.

For what it's worth... I have no issues with the ownership and don't suspect neglect etc.. I'd just love to have a chat with the fella that did all the work etc, as I'm sure he'd like to pass on the experience clearly being an enthusiast!
I am of a similar nature myself and have already fixed or have plans for every little thing that needs work due to age of the car etc.

Unfortunately the car is not ESS supercharged (yet anyway).
It's just the map and ODBII key that allows you to switch maps etc and play about and read fault codes etc.

There are certainly enough bits on there which attracted me to the car over the hundreds of others out there on the market. The exhaust note alone pretty much had me sold from the first blip of the throttle :-)

Mik
Appreciate 0