European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 built july 1...........

Angry a little birdy told me...

So from what i hear the 2016 will come with uprated sound system, keyless entry and sat radio standard... which sounds to me like a $1500-$2000 increase and no sale for me... not because of the 3% or whatever increase, but because my experience trying to buy a 2015 has been atrocious, and now they add crap i dont want and raise the price... This system of allocations is idiotic and does not make good business. I know for a fact im not the only one that feels this way. Im not a fan boy so ill go where they value me as a customer, be it any brand regardless of the "prestige" german brands, and namely bmw in this case carry... ill wait and see and keep driving the f30 around in the meantime.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #2
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticor View Post
So from what i hear the 2016 will come with uprated sound system, keyless entry and sat radio standard... which sounds to me like a $1500-$2000 increase and no sale for me... not because of the 3% or whatever increase, but because my experience trying to buy a 2015 has been atrocious, and now they add crap i dont want and raise the price... This system of allocations is idiotic and does not make good business. I know for a fact im not the only one that feels this way. Im not a fan boy so ill go where they value me as a customer, be it any brand regardless of the "prestige" german brands, and namely bmw in this case carry... ill wait and see and keep driving the f30 around in the meantime.
I would disagree with your first statement. Keyless entry and HK are a huge plus for me. I would have got the HK in the 2016 even if it was not standard. For the keyless entry, I would not have spent the 4k but still be very disappointed without it. The fact that they will make it standard makes me happy

On allocations, I agree it is idiotic. Never made sense to me.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 3
      05-11-2015, 03:25 PM   #3
DiscoWagon
Race to win.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Your bad experience must be due to your dealership. When did you try to get an allocation?
      05-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #4
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Bye.
Appreciate 7
      05-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
First of all, the changes are being discussed ad nauseam in the general forum, and while those items do seem to be standard on the '16's, few are seeing that as a negative. Even more, there has been zero mention of a bump yet, so I wouldn't be quick to just assume.

I would venture a guess that your experience has less to do with BMW as a whole and more with your dealership.

I go into every dealership giving them the hairy eyeball and almost expecting someone to pull something. I therefore make sure that I am walking in the door armed to the teeth in knowledge and preparedness.

Know the process....know the deal with allocations, know the tricks CA's will sometimes try and pull....NEVER allow yourself to be surprised and you'll have far less negative experiences like you're having. It's no different with any other brand really, at least that i've seen.

And with my go-round this time, I can say the process went a million times smoother because I knew what was what.

Fortune favors the prepared.

However, I feel for you too.....the allocation system does suck. I used to be of the mind where I thought "If I want to order a car, I should just go in and be able to order a car". That being said, I respect that these cars are in demand and to me, that makes it a bit more special. But if I just came into the market now, sure, i'd be disappointed at how difficult it would be to find an allocation for my dreamcar.

Good luck in your travels and whatever car you end up getting. But whatever you do, make sure you know the process completely when you get into it.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
I would disagree with your first statement. Keyless entry and HK are a huge plus for me. I would have got the HK in the 2016 even if it was not standard. For the keyless entry, I would not have spent the 4k but still be very disappointed without it. The fact that they will make it standard makes me happy

On allocations, I agree it is idiotic. Never made sense to me.
ill agree with keyless entry...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #7
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
Bye.
So i was mislead into believing all canadians were nice
Appreciate 2
      05-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #8
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
First of all, the changes are being discussed ad nauseam in the general forum, and while those items do seem to be standard on the '16's, few are seeing that as a negative. Even more, there has been zero mention of a bump yet, so I wouldn't be quick to just assume.

I would venture a guess that your experience has less to do with BMW as a whole and more with your dealership.

I go into every dealership giving them the hairy eyeball and almost expecting someone to pull something. I therefore make sure that I am walking in the door armed to the teeth in knowledge and preparedness.

Know the process....know the deal with allocations, know the tricks CA's will sometimes try and pull....NEVER allow yourself to be surprised and you'll have far less negative experiences like you're having. It's no different with any other brand really, at least that i've seen.

And with my go-round this time, I can say the process went a million times smoother because I knew what was what.

Fortune favors the prepared.

However, I feel for you too.....the allocation system does suck. I used to be of the mind where I thought "If I want to order a car, I should just go in and be able to order a car". That being said, I respect that these cars are in demand and to me, that makes it a bit more special. But if I just came into the market now, sure, i'd be disappointed at how difficult it would be to find an allocation for my dreamcar.

Good luck in your travels and whatever car you end up getting. But whatever you do, make sure you know the process completely when you get into it.
Thank you for understanding my frustration man.. hopefully things work out and in mid september ill get a call telling me the car will be built and to get my winter tires ready... and ill forget all about being so pissed...lol
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 04:18 PM   #9
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

What makes the allocation system so irritating is that it isn't transparent. If customers were told how many and when the allocations were coming, it would relieve a lot of stress. Some dealers will give you this info. Others play games and drag people along with false promises. Bluex is correct in that if you know the system, you can't be games very easily.

When ordering a BMW, you have to ask the specific questions that are different from other manufacturers. Right now, I am very comfortable going in and buy/leasing a BMW, but put me in a Mercedes dealer and I am at a severe disadvantage.

Also cars that aren't in high demand and low production like the M3 don't have this issue. You can go and get just about any non M car ordered and leave with production number in hand.

BMW has completely underestimated the M3 demand this gen. I haven't been at this nearly as long as some others, but I don't remember this being such a problem before.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #10
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

LOL That was a friendly bye Knowing the way BMW works I foresee you brand switching as the others are certainly being more customer caring as of late. Sorry if I offended.

Quote:
So i was mislead into believing all canadians were nice
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #11
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
What makes the allocation system so irritating is that it isn't transparent. If customers were told how many and when the allocations were coming, it would relieve a lot of stress. Some dealers will give you this info. Others play games and drag people along with false promises. Bluex is correct in that if you know the system, you can't be games very easily.

When ordering a BMW, you have to ask the specific questions that are different from other manufacturers. Right now, I am very comfortable going in and buy/leasing a BMW, but put me in a Mercedes dealer and I am at a severe disadvantage.

Also cars that aren't in high demand and low production like the M3 don't have this issue. You can go and get just about any non M car ordered and leave with production number in hand.

BMW has completely underestimated the M3 demand this gen. I haven't been at this nearly as long as some others, but I don't remember this being such a problem before.
You are correct... i spoke to my dealer today and was told i could have an M4 right now if i wanted lol... I just dont understand why this limited type production if its not a limited production car.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
LOL That was a friendly bye Knowing the way BMW works I foresee you brand switching as the others are certainly being more customer caring as of late. Sorry if I offended.
Not at all bro, i was just messing with you lol
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 05:55 PM   #13
carsrmyvice
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

Hang in there man. I agree the allocation process can be frustrating. I dealt with Apple bmw of york PA. Salesman was named joe l. Maybe you would have better luck with someone who knows the ins and outs and does long distance deals on the regular :2:

I would be in your same shoes had I been dealing with my local dealers in upstate/western ny.

Find someone good to work with and if not, I won't fault you for getting a c63 or even a caddy cts v!
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #14
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Garage List
I got tired of dealing with the BMW dealerships in SoFla so I called one across the country and I am doing PCD - sometimes you gotta go outta your way a little bit to get what you want.

Current: 2022 M3 CompX, 2024 M2 6-Spd
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #15
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
You are correct... i spoke to my dealer today and was told i could have an M4 right now if i wanted lol... I just dont understand why this limited type production if its not a limited production car.
They messed up and there were some things out of their control. Tropical storms in Japan cut down on raw materials for CF. i3/i8 production ate into CF production. Wheel supplier wanted more money for the 19" black wheels. Demand for the F80 exceeded BMW estimates. I'm sure there are other reasons also. I suspect there are some red faced BMW execs right now, because it appears they grossly underestimated M3 demand. BMW now is in a sticky situation because the market may have chilled due to customer frustration and people going to other options. They have to make sure they don't overestimate now.

Bottom line is you are absolutely correct. It was a bad launch for the M3. They want to sell as many as people want and they did not do that.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #16
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Ya M3s are sold out only in certain terms. You won't find a F80 in any dealership lot now a days. They are mostly gone and in order to get one, you have to order it. There are a bit more of M4's about.

If you have a bad experience like this, it's usually dealership fault. No matter how good a car brand can be, Benz, BMW, Lexus, or Audi etc, your experience will only go as far as how good you are treated as a customer by the sales people. I know a few friends who stopped buying a particular brand of cars because they had a very very bad experience with a SA and they just didn't want to even deal with that anymore.

I'm lucky in a sense that my Uncle leases cars very frequently so he has contacts all over the damn place. I usually just say his name when he refers me, I tell them I'm literally family and it's usually gravy from there.

Regards to the M3s and M4s. I was told by New Century that they only received a certain amount of pre built M3s and M4s. And they won't get anymore after those are sold. I don't know the amount of F80s they got or the F82/F83s but my suspicion is that they are a bit more F82/F83 then F80s. So the M3s goes faster because it is cheaper, M4s are usually still there. That and M3 has 4 doors, why not right? They are more accessible for daily people.
      05-11-2015, 10:18 PM   #17
Ian1973
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

I just took delivery 2 days ago, I'm a little pissed they are already updating it. I paid 2000 for LED's, when I heard they will come standard now, I do not have keyless entry and had to pay for the HK.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:34 PM   #18
ixse
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 boxster s

Lol bro you think bmw is bad?? At least they are adding more std features to compensate for price bump. Why dont you try porsche? They just increased macan s msrp by near 3k. And guess what they added.. Absolutly nothing. Price increased just because macan sales were good.
Your initial post really sounds like someone who got shanked at local bmw dealer, and is just letting off steam on forums. No manufacturer offers entire options to be standalone. They will ALL try to gouge money by selling pkg options. Be thankful that bmw choose added std features that many desired in the first place. I remember many many members here bitchin during initial release, because there was so keyless entry as standalone.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #19
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1973 View Post
I just took delivery 2 days ago, I'm a little pissed they are already updating it. I paid 2000 for LED's, when I heard they will come standard now, I do not have keyless entry and had to pay for the HK.
Those standard options will not be free, there will be a msrp bump. I wouldn't worry too much. LED headlights are not standard, that rumor has been proven wrong.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #20
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
If you have a bad experience with a dealer, you shouldn't just mark it up as BMW is all bad. It's a bad personal experience, nothing more. Everyone will have this eventually if you go in blind.

The car will change in price, not to mention you are buying the 2015 M3 at the near end of the production. Dealerships no longer even get M3s, if you're really that upset, cancel your order, and go to another dealership that will treat you better?
      05-11-2015, 10:51 PM   #21
Roadkiller
Philosophiae Doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 BSM

Man, I understand your frustration. Out the gate I was gonna get an AW M3 with CF roof. It became apparent right away that BMW underestimated the demand for this car and I spent way too much time calling around for the car. When finally found one, the dealer had added $10K to the MSRP so I eventually went with a BSM M4 and will get a Polar White C63S to scratch my sedan itch.

But I think you'll find this type of crap with all dealers. Just ask the crew waiting for the "March" release of the C63S...yeah, its now May and some of them are just getting their cars. Like most others have said, you just need to know how to work the system, pay the price, or else be patient with their many imperfections. Or....as you stated, be ready to find a customer friendly manufacturer / dealer. Good luck bro!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 07:37 AM   #22
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for all the advise guys...
Appreciate 0