BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

05-07-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
bimme.ahead
Rep
Drives: -

Wax, sealant in hot Texas sun.

I've done my share of searching and researching chemical guys, ammonyc, Zaino, swissvax, Modesta, Opticoat and Cquartz. I just bought a 2009 JB E92 M3 from Carmax and it's covered with swirl marks. I live in Dallas, TX and the summers are brutal. I plan on using ammonyc hydrate to dry the car, any clay bar, cg polish but need protectant for Texas sun... My car is Jerez Black so I want best depth and pop. Is wax going to burn away in 100f+ sun? It is not my daily driver so I don't want Opticoat, I hear it doesn't give best depth and shine but 30 mins sitting outside during Texas sun might burn off wax. I don't know what to do
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimme.ahead View Post
I've done my share of searching and researching chemical guys, ammonyc, Zaino, swissvax, Modesta, Opticoat and Cquartz. I just bought a 2009 JB E92 M3 from Carmax and it's covered with swirl marks. I live in Dallas, TX and the summers are brutal. I plan on using ammonyc hydrate to dry the car, any clay bar, cg polish but need protectant for Texas sun... My car is Jerez Black so I want best depth and pop. Is wax going to burn away in 100f+ sun? It is not my daily driver so I don't want Opticoat, I hear it doesn't give best depth and shine but 30 mins sitting outside during Texas sun might burn off wax. I don't know what to do
Sitting outside will always degrade any type of lsp you have on your car. In your situation I think the wax will be fine with proper maintenance. If I were you I would look into a coating, but if the price not within your budget that is totally understandable. Get a sealant with my recommendation being Sonax Polymer Netshield. If you are a wax guy and want to stick with that I would highly recommend the Collinite trio. Amazing durability, looks, and price. Sounds like you might want to go with Collinite 476 based on your needs.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #3
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

You do know that Carnuba wax is a natural protectant of trees from the heat?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Sitting outside will always degrade any type of lsp you have on your car. In your situation I think the wax will be fine with proper maintenance. If I were you I would look into a coating, but if the price not within your budget that is totally understandable. Get a sealant with my recommendation being Sonax Polymer Netshield. If you are a wax guy and want to stick with that I would highly recommend the Collinite trio. Amazing durability, looks, and price. Sounds like you might want to go with Collinite 476 based on your needs.
476 is a little of a pain. I would stick with a sealant and then top with the IW 845 but anything will work well. I use the 845 on my daily in the FL heat and it works great (used over Rejex).
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 09:57 PM   #5
mharris2007
Need a 458
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 6MT E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimme.ahead View Post
Collinite 845 all day long.
Appreciate 0