Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #1
tomespo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

V1 hardwire installs.

Going to hardwire my V1 in tomorrow but looking for a clean and unique place to mount the remote display. Has anyone done anything other then using Velcro and sticking it near the cluster?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #2
Woodengun
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yugo

There isnt much dash space to build the concealed unit into the dash.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #3
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

Where do you have the V1 mounted? To the left of the rearview mirror? Just asking because I did a really slick remote install into the gauge cluster of my last car and found it easier to look at the stupid main unit rather than the slick remote install location....spent all that time tearing the dash apart and running wires and to no avail.

If you live in a state where detectors are illegal then I get it - the main unit lights don't go on...I personally like the guy behind me to see something lighting up in my car as I'm brake checking him when it goes off...have had a few people give a wave a thanks understanding that the detector was going off, hence I was slowing down.

Just saying...sit in your car and try to look down at the gauges/steering column versus just looking quickly up and to the right where the sound is coming from (that will be your reflex move)...it will save you 500-800 milliseconds in response time...just saying. I like the remote display, but in action it wasn't the quickest response time.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #4
tomespo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I installed the main unit to the right of the rearview. Im having a local shop build the remote display into the Air vent to the left of the steering wheel .Will post photos once its done.
Appreciate 0