Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-13-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Hello Bimmerpost!

Hey Guys - Just introducing myself -

I ordered a 2015 MG F80 6MT in the second week of February. My car is finally on a boat (TORINO - anyone else?) and should be here either next week or the week after.

I've been lurking (probably obsessively) as I cant wait for my car to get here, but now that the date is closing in I figured I'd drop a line haha

My spec:
MG on Black extended leather
Manual Transmission
18inch Wheels
Adaptive Suspension
Harmon Kardon Audio
Executive Package
Moonroof

I originally ordered the car with the carbon fiber roof, but during my wait period I came to the conclusion that I'm not really going to be tracking the car, and I love rolling with the windows all down in the summer time so for me the moon roof was the way to go....the dealer really tried to sell me on DCT also and i drove a DCT M4 - AWESOME transmission, just not for me

I really liked how the black 19s looked - but being in upstate NY and moving to the NYC area this summer I stuck with the 18s for practicality purposes (i had a set of aftermarket 18s on my last car and the potholes tore them apart)

Also would have liked to just have the comfort access instead of having to get the whole executive package... but im not complaining haha

Car history -

1st car - Scion Tc - 6MT - only mods were swapping out all the speakers for polk audio stuff with new crossovers and some added tweeters.... sounded great - fun car, but no traction control and coupe configuration was not for me

2nd Car - what i currently drive - 2006 IS250 - 6MT - i love this car, i put a very mild lowering spring, sway bars and an intake on it. also had some enkei RPF1's with pilot sports on there but the front rims kept bending..... as far as a car goes its pretty rare, rear wheel drive manual lexus..... it only has about 80k on it so its quite low mileage, and in all honesty i was gonna keep this car for the next couple years but I'm graduating medical school and I got a decent trade in deal on it from BMW so here I am (not so) patiently waiting for my M3.

This will be my first BMW and I cant wait... my dad has a C6 Z51 and to think that this four door sedan will perform at or above that level just makes me giddy... I've watched every video on youtube about the car twice (the chris harris video maybe 20 times haha)

Im purchasing the car outright and hope to keep it for a long time... thats part of my rationale for the four doors (practicality, eventually wanting a family, etc) not to mention that those fender flares just make the M3 look so sculpted , sorry M4 owners - as low and wide as your car is i prefer my 'assets' to have some perk if you know what I'm getting at haha

So far for the M3 all I've thought about is the skene license plate bracket so my bumper doesn't get visibly drilled into..... after I wear out the rubber on the stock wheels ill prolly put snow tires on the stock wheels and go for some more stylish 19s - but thats down the road....

anyways thats all for now - seems like you guys have a pretty robust community here and I look forward to contributing.

Last edited by harrisch; 04-16-2015 at 12:39 AM..
Appreciate 3
      04-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #2
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Welcome! Don't forget: pics are required on delivery.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Welcome! But you're not allowed to join this forum unless you have already bought a crapload of mods for the car (not just 1), without actually having the car

And what a great first BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #4
funk74
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisch View Post
I'm graduating medical school and I got a decent trade in deal on it from BMW

Just graduating from med school and already in a M3? Nice!

I'm out 8 yrs out of fellowship and just stepping up to a M car now. Should be fun.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

GrussGott i just sent my nikon and lenses out for cleaning to prepare for delivery -- will definitely be sharing a lot of pics as soon as it get it!

RocketBoots i was initially looking at getting a 3 series wagon - which i probably would have bought if they made it with the 335 engine - but (un)fortunately they dont so here I am waiting on an //M
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Congrats! 6MT!!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #7
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by funk74 View Post
Just graduating from med school and already in a M3? Nice!

I'm out 8 yrs out of fellowship and just stepping up to a M car now. Should be fun.

Haha Congratulations! needless to say i have had a very supportive and proud family.... definitely feel blessed to be where i am - what did you specialize in?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #8
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

fantastic! Congrats. Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get around to it

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #9
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Good for you. Hopefully your residency gives you enough downtime to enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #10
rymiller73
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Congratulations and Welcome.....

Second on the PICS....
      04-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #11
funk74
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisch View Post
Haha Congratulations! needless to say i have had a very supportive and proud family.... definitely feel blessed to be where i am - what did you specialize in?
cardiac anesthesiology.

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 12:28 AM   #12
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTalent View Post
Congrats! 6MT!!
wouldn't have it any other way haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Good for you. Hopefully your residency gives you enough downtime to enjoy it.
me too! its a prelim year in medicine so im sure itll be busy, but i know ill be using my days off to get out to my //M sanctuary haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by funk74 View Post
cardiac anesthesiology.
Awesome... i really enjoyed my hemodynamic monitoring elective but dealing with CT surgeons everyday, oof.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #13
samsway
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2015

I'm 7 years out of residency and getting into my first M... Heck my first performance vehicle ever!!! Unless you consider the Accord or the Pilot or the Corrolla performance vehicles..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #14
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsway View Post
I'm 7 years out of residency and getting into my first M... Heck my first performance vehicle ever!!! Unless you consider the Accord or the Pilot or the Corrolla performance vehicles..

i always loved the adage "its better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" - that said.... a fast car fast is another story entirely haha
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 09:07 AM   #15
TI.3VOM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6MT AW

I got the exact same build but with CF roof I do miss the fresh air and extra light in the cabin, but the CF looks so badass with AW... I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I think the 18s look better than the 19s and LEDs are not worth $2K. In the words of Edith Piaf, non je ne regrette rien. Congrats, you will love it!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 05:41 PM   #16
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI.3VOM View Post
I got the exact same build but with CF roof I do miss the fresh air and extra light in the cabin, but the CF looks so badass with AW... I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I think the 18s look better than the 19s and LEDs are not worth $2K. In the words of Edith Piaf, non je ne regrette rien. Congrats, you will love it!

its a great build im pretty excited...CF def looks badass with AW - had i gotten white id have gotten CF but i figured with an MG car id rather have the sunroof....

I didnt like the way the 18s looked on the site but when i saw them in person i prefer them to the 19s as well - not to mention i live in a colder place so ill prolly end up getting snows put on the stock 18s and might go for some 19s later on.

all of that said - i recently recieved some frustrating news.....

i called the BMW NA number this morning and they told me the car was expected for delivery at my dealer this friday....

BUT -- my CA just emailed me saying he heard from the VPC and this was the message

"R/R door interior panel lock missing contact me next Monday for an update on this one."

Gotta say im pretty bummed -- when i initally ordered the car they told me it could be as little as six weeks - i took that with a grain of salt and of course soon after they told me itd likely be the end of april..... Now, im pushing double that!!!

Ill give my CA props - he has been very diligent about following up on the car, and i have no qualms with him or how he has handled the situation --- but BMW however is disappointing me...... i had a custom built manual IS250 come from japan with no issues or delays whatsoever.... this is a car that costs more than twice that amount and it didnt go through quality assurance before leaving the factory in germany such that someone would notice that a lock on a door was missing???????? this will be my first bmw - i dont even have it yet and its had an issue..... to say im a bit nervous and disappointed is an understatement, especially considering how excited for this car i have been - i can only hope this isnt foreshadowing for future issues with BMW

I know i should be patient - but my situation is somewhat unique in that i start my internship this summer and really wanted the car for all the free time i have from now until then.... of course ill be happy to get the car regardless but in the time since the car has been delayed i have driven almost 6000 miles in this IS....(i drove all up and down the east coast visiting friends etc) and those all could have been miles on my M3 - allowing me to break it in and truly enjoy it before grueling work hours and a presumably brutal winter hit.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 10:16 AM   #17
TI.3VOM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6MT AW

I'm also waiting for my car to be re-delivered and any issues I've had feel like major bummers. But I promise, all that will go away as soon as you take delivery. And the fact you're happy with your CA is the most important thing. Hopefully it won't take very long... GL!!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #18
IRNM4N
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Congrats and welcome!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 10:50 AM   #19
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO 6MT, E46 M3 AW/IR 6MT

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Welcome brotha.. Nice build and good choice on the 6MT!