EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
AlwaysgobacktoanM3
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Anyone know of a 2015 M3 allocation?

I am having a hard time negotiating with my local dealership. $1500 off M3 coming in a week or so. BUT, there are a couple of better deals out there with same options and color, one with manual vs DCT, all $4-5000 off MSRP with a slight mark up on Money Factor. The discount outwighs the slight mark up. The manual one available would have been perfect if it was DCT, but I may be willing to go with manual.

Wondering if I should just work with one of the reasonable dealerships and order the exact car I want. I live in Chicago and don;t want to wait until its cold again before I get my car!

Does anyone know of a dealer that has available allocation for 2015 M3? Please comment and thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
PinkFlamingo
Car Shopping Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 GT4

When I placed my order at the end of March, there were less than 30 allocations left in the country for 2015 M3's. If there are still a handful left, the days are limited. Might want to consider the manual car you mentioned.
      04-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #3
JoNaH
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Difference between manual and DCT are huge, wouldn't just switch to get a car early. If a dealer has an allocation that's about to be built you might get lucky and get into production quickly. Some members here have had a car go into production after 1 day!!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 02:15 PM   #4
AlwaysgobacktoanM3
Rep

Thanks for the comments. The manual matches what I want (full leather, better interior color, carbon fib roof, adap M, etc) even with higher MSRP is $75/mo less so it's a better value. I just haven't driven the manual in the F80/F82 and have a hard time making that decision without having driven it. I was impressed with DCT for sure. They have another car almost identical to the one coming in locally and its $100 less/month CA is confirming its still available. I'll buy that one if available.

If I can secure a spot to build one I would do it. Fingers crossed. I may end paying the "premium" for the local car.

I don't mind spending money, I just don't like giving it away.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 03:06 PM   #5
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysgobacktoanM3 View Post
Thanks for the comments. The manual matches what I want (full leather, better interior color, carbon fib roof, adap M, etc) even with higher MSRP is $75/mo less so it's a better value. I just haven't driven the manual in the F80/F82 and have a hard time making that decision without having driven it. I was impressed with DCT for sure. They have another car almost identical to the one coming in locally and its $100 less/month CA is confirming its still available. I'll buy that one if available.

If I can secure a spot to build one I would do it. Fingers crossed. I may end paying the "premium" for the local car.

I don't mind spending money, I just don't like giving it away.
Get the manual - much more fun.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
AlwaysgobacktoanM3
Rep

My decision is down to Manual w/full sakhir leather vs DCT black (NOT full) leather. That full sakhir leather looks awesome against the white. Always feel more connected to car when its a manual. Decisions, decisions...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
PinkFlamingo
Car Shopping Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysgobacktoanM3
My decision is down to Manual w/full sakhir leather vs DCT black (NOT full) leather. That full sakhir leather looks awesome against the white. Always feel more connected to car when its a manual. Decisions, decisions...
Have you owned a DCT car in the past? Are you coming from manuals?

I had two 6MT M3's and then the last one was DCT. I thought the DCT was an incredible tranny and well suited for the S65 in the M3 but I went right back to 6MT on the F80 (on its way here now). If you are coming from auto's that's one thing but if you enjoy a manual, the DCT could get old quickly. Hope my 2 cents helps
      04-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #8
AlwaysgobacktoanM3
Rep

I have not owned DCT, but had a manual e46 M3 and manual 997, 911s. I chose manual in a C4S over PDK because the PDK was one extreme or the other. No middle ground for normal driving. I've had an S4 with DSG and it was pretty good, but I bought that one used and probably would have opted for manual if I had ordered the car.

The DCT is so good, though. It's fast and seems to have a sportier drive than your typical non-manual in comfort mode. It is driveable as a daily, but can wake up instantly. That being said, you're always engaged with a manual.

I really appreciate the thought out responses and questions. Have you driven a manual F80 or F82 Frank? I hope you don't have a long wait on your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #9
RedBolden
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

I test drove an M4 with DCT and I didn't care for it. Every car I've driven with DCT felt awkward and hesitant to get going.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #10
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
The 6MT in the M3/4 is fantastic!! Best manual set up that BMW has ever made.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 10:18 PM   #11
PinkFlamingo
Car Shopping Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysgobacktoanM3
I have not owned DCT, but had a manual e46 M3 and manual 997, 911s. I chose manual in a C4S over PDK because the PDK was one extreme or the other. No middle ground for normal driving. I've had an S4 with DSG and it was pretty good, but I bought that one used and probably would have opted for manual if I had ordered the car.

The DCT is so good, though. It's fast and seems to have a sportier drive than your typical non-manual in comfort mode. It is driveable as a daily, but can wake up instantly. That being said, you're always engaged with a manual.

I really appreciate the thought out responses and questions. Have you driven a manual F80 or F82 Frank? I hope you don't have a long wait on your car.
I have not driven the new M3 or 4. My dealer had 2 cars with DCT but I wasn't interested because I knew I was going manual so I figured I would wait. The car should be here early May. I was lucky when I ordered 3/24. The allocation my dealer traded for went into production 2 days later and the car was done on 4/8. Just waiting for a boat now.... Torture.

Based on your history it sounds like you would really enjoy either trans. I would go for the the best deal and availability in your case.