Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #1
hoffa3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 AW/SO

IDrive screen

Like once every 1-2 weeks my Idrive goes out for about 1-2minutes- shows no Signal. it has happened 5 times now. I loose Audio from radio and Cellphone (Bluetooth), my screen goes out, cant do anything other than drive and mess with AC. I took a pic of the screen showing "No Signal". took it in to the dealer. they said they would look at it. after 1 week of doing work on my vehicle for other things as well. adding the aero kit, etc etc.

they tell me they can not work on my screen because they could not replicate the issue. They, by BMW standards are not allow to correct an issue until they can replicate the issue I am having.

Is that BS? how the hell am I going to get them to replicate the issue unless someone drives my car for an extensive amount of time, if it happens so seldomly? I have proof by the screenshot I sent them via Text/email.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
i once had a similar issues with my F30 and my E90....The E90 had crazy valve ticking...but would only do it sometimes. I took about 3-4 videos and sent each one to the dealer right after it would happen.. they eventually replaced the entire head....
The F30 would throw a stupid "drivetrain malfunction" and go into limp mode and then just come out.
The trick was to record the date & time off the dash board so they could see it was multiple incidents. It will probably take a lot of back and forth and if they refuse open a case with BMWNA.
Appreciate 0