Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-15-2015, 06:19 AM   #1
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Bavsound1 standard HIFI installation (not HK)

Hi,
My dealer is fitting this tomorrow, has anyone done this already? He states that 2 many speakers were supplied can anyone tell me how many speakers were changed out and where exactly as I want to make sure that I get the full install done.
Thanks in advance,
Denso
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #2
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Hi,
My dealer is fitting this tomorrow, has anyone done this already? He states that 2 many speakers were supplied can anyone tell me how many speakers were changed out and where exactly as I want to make sure that I get the full install done.
Thanks in advance,
Denso
There are 5 midranges and two tweeters. The tweeters are in the door near the mirrors, two mids in the door, two in the back, one center behind the idrive screen. I'm surprised your dealership is doing this for you. Do you trust them to install aftermarket stuff correctly?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 07:24 AM   #3
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
There are 5 midranges and two tweeters. The tweeters are in the door near the mirrors, two mids in the door, two in the back, one center behind the idrive screen. I'm surprised your dealership is doing this for you. Do you trust them to install aftermarket stuff correctly?
Hi,
Thanks for the response, it seems a pretty straight forward install and I have confidence in them built over many years. Let's hope they don't misplace that confidence
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the response, it seems a pretty straight forward install and I have confidence in them built over many years. Let's hope they don't misplace that confidence
Yes, hopefully all goes well. The reason I ask, is because there are no printed install instructions included (I don't recall any) so I used the youtube videos. There were a couple of little things that aren't intuitive, like moving the foam ring from one side of the speaker to the other, and removing the rubber ring on the center channel. I can't see the service guys opening up youtube to install these. Not trying to worry you... just a heads up.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 07:44 AM   #5
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Yes, hopefully all goes well. The reason I ask, is because there are no printed install instructions included (I don't recall any) so I used the youtube videos. There were a couple of little things that aren't intuitive, like moving the foam ring from one side of the speaker to the other, and removing the rubber ring on the center channel. I can't see the service guys opening up youtube to install these. Not trying to worry you... just a heads up.
Thanks Wah for the heads up, I did actually insist that they watch the YouTube prior to install. Bought quite a few cars from these guys and I think they will keep me happy, that and my ///M OCD will make sure of it lol

Denso
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 08:20 AM   #6
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0