BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
oneprettybeast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e88 6mt 135i vert, injen dci

Garage List
HELPPP 2c9d maps jumping saying lambdas code ceramic probe fault

I changed the valve cover gasket on my n54 had to pull the fuel rail and disconnect all the fuel injection and coil pack connections, car runs good besides the code, I have catless down pipes, and everything was fine before I changed the gasket, now when I go Wide Open Throttle it drops to map 4 from 5 on my jb4,, anyone else ever have this problem? I check connections they seem to be good, car runs good just limited boost stays around 7psi at wot im used to 16psi... I need anyone who has had an issue similar to this or anyone who has knowledge of what could be causing this, because literally over night after swaping the gasket this developed... and I have to program my usb cable for the jb4 inorder to get them data to review and make any adjustments ... didn't know I couldn't just download the software and log data
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
Rob.K
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 4.8i X5

Try resetting O2 adaptations and if that doesn't work try new O2 Sensor. I know you said you checked the connection but triple check just to make sure, should audibly click when plugging it in.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #3
oneprettybeast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
yeah im going to triple check I don't have the professional bav tec cable I need to get my hands on one... I think one of my inectors could have gotten a bit of silicone in them causing it to go lean and protect itself.. im gong to pull the sensor clean it really good, pull all the connections and clean them really good and study the wire for any tares in the cable and make sure everything is good, I have the battery pulled now ground off, im going to leave it over night hopefully it will reset the system and was just a freak thing, but is all else fail im going to clean out my bank 2 fuel injectors, that doesn't work ill have to lay out the 280 for the sensor.

thanks for the reply
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
Rob.K
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 4.8i X5

Do you have a JB4? You can reset O2 adaptations with it
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #5
oneprettybeast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
tried that, went into crazy mode, I found the issue and fixed it today, the lambdas bank 2 pre cat o2 sensor got pinched in the valve cover and one wire got mangled so I cut stripped and soldered back together with silver and god as new, but the adaptation cause my car to throw the throttle body sensor butterfly valve and would just knock and rev knock rev sounded like it was going to die, but managed to get that fixed, found a small leak on a vacuum line and fixed that did a pull earlier and no long would it drop maps no codes and in map 5 got 20 psi which I was surprised, got some tin ware vibrating but other then that she's running great now-- thanks for the rely though much appreciated
Appreciate 0