BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
Fred@ReverseLogic
United_States
Rep
Drives: SL550

New Cradle Top Platform Race Ramps from Reverse Logic

Reverse Logic first introduced the combo service/trailer ramps model RLL-80-2 in January, 2013. This Race Ramps model quickly became our most popular service ramp because of several unique and useful features. The cradle top platform helps keep non-drive wheels on the platform when the opposite end of the car is raised with a floor jack. The invertible incline section can be flipped over and used as a trailer ramp. The 6.8 degree initial incline accommodates the approach angle of low ground clearance cars.

Many customers requested that we incorporate the cradle top platform into some of our other ramp models. Rather than change the shape of the platform of existing ramp models, we decided to explore building additional ramp models around the RLL-80-2 platforms. The result is a family of ramps with the same 9" high cradle top platform. The entry level ramp in the group is 49" long with a 15 degree constant slope. The intermediate RLL-59-2 ramp is a two-stage incline ramp. The incline section has a 10.8 degree slope which is the same as the popular 56" and 67" Race Ramps service ramps.

Since the three ramp models share the same platform, all the ramps are 14" wide and 9" high. The only difference between the ramps is the slope of the incline section.

The simple yardstick test described in the attachment can help you determine if the RLL-59-2 or RLL-80-2 ramps with 10.8˚ and 6.8˚ initial inclines, respectively, will work with your car. Basically you can slide one end of a yardstick up against the inboard edge of the front (or rear) tire, raise the opposite end until the yardstick touches any part of the car, and then measure the height of the raised end. If this measurement is at least 7.25" then the RLL-59-2 ramp will work. If the raised end of the yardstick is at least 5" above the ground then the RLL-80-2 ramps will work. In order for the 15˚ incline of the RLL-49-2 ramp to work with your car, the raised end of the yardstick must be at least 10" off the ground.

Because of the short front overhang on most BMW chassis, there is a good chance that the RLL-49-2 ramps will work with your car. Unlike the other lower priced Race Ramps service ramps (RR-56-2, RR-40, RR-30) the RLL-49-2 ramps are 14" wide and have a reinforced cradle top platform.

The price range for the three cradle top ramp models is $300 to $420. After coupon code discounts and factory rebates the prices range from $250 to $358.

The incline sections for the RLL-80-2 ramps will be available separately for anyone who wants to convert the steeper RLL-49-2 or RLL-59-2 to the more shallow 6.8 degree slope.

Reverse Logic is accepting orders for the new ramp models at this link to our online catalog:

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...egory=12276141
Attached Images

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 03-03-2015 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 0