Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #1
X6mac
Rep
Drives: X6 40d xDrive LCI

Bmw M3: Uk Review

Hi guys, just a little something for those in the UK who are still undecided. I am aware there are many review threads for the M3/4 however I thought this one by PistonHeads was concise and straight to the point, plus the test car had a tonne of extras!!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=31360

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1076341
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
KASM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I find all they "sky is falling" on the fx series so interesting. I am amazed by the recently 'disappointed' reviewers. I remember all the negatives about the e9x m series when it first came out. The steering was numb, steering wheel too fat, too heavy, have to drive at limits to get the true car to come out. Fast forward 7 years later and except the brakes it had no faults. Now f8x comes out and so many negatives. Only can enjoy at the limit, traction issues, too much power, sounds like crap? Wow. The C63 AMG tried to kill you every time you took a corner at speed but because it sounded great, everyone was forgiving and wanted it. I tell you I am amazed that BMW made a bigger car lighter that can hold 4-5, more fuel efficient, faster, reminds you of old 'tin can sounding' inline 6 M3's that made the series famous and filled it with technology I can use. To those worried about driving at the limit, HPDE weekends will solve that problem. Last option, don't buy it so mine can be more exclusive. ðŸ˜
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASM3 View Post
I find all they "sky is falling" on the fx series so interesting. I am amazed by the recently 'disappointed' reviewers. I remember all the negatives about the e9x m series when it first came out. The steering was numb, steering wheel too fat, too heavy, have to drive at limits to get the true car to come out. Fast forward 7 years later and except the brakes it had no faults. Now f8x comes out and so many negatives. Only can enjoy at the limit, traction issues, too much power, sounds like crap? Wow. The C63 AMG tried to kill you every time you took a corner at speed but because it sounded great, everyone was forgiving and wanted it. I tell you I am amazed that BMW made a bigger car lighter that can hold 4-5, more fuel efficient, faster, reminds you of old 'tin can sounding' inline 6 M3's that made the series famous and filled it with technology I can use. To those worried about driving at the limit, HPDE weekends will solve that problem. Last option, don't buy it so mine can be more exclusive. ðŸ˜
*Slow Clap*

Well Put.
      01-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #5
X6mac
Rep
Drives: X6 40d xDrive LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASM3
I find all they "sky is falling" on the fx series so interesting. I am amazed by the recently 'disappointed' reviewers. I remember all the negatives about the e9x m series when it first came out. The steering was numb, steering wheel too fat, too heavy, have to drive at limits to get the true car to come out. Fast forward 7 years later and except the brakes it had no faults. Now f8x comes out and so many negatives. Only can enjoy at the limit, traction issues, too much power, sounds like crap? Wow. The C63 AMG tried to kill you every time you took a corner at speed but because it sounded great, everyone was forgiving and wanted it. I tell you I am amazed that BMW made a bigger car lighter that can hold 4-5, more fuel efficient, faster, reminds you of old 'tin can sounding' inline 6 M3's that made the series famous and filled it with technology I can use. To those worried about driving at the limit, HPDE weekends will solve that problem. Last option, don't buy it so mine can be more exclusive. ðŸ˜Â
I agree! Especially with the C63 point. Reviewers these days, in my opinion, are a bit too personal when it comes to expressing qualities and bad points, its annoying but thankfully there is a guy called Chris Harris
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #6
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASM3 View Post
sounds like crap... reminds you of old 'tin can sounding' inline 6 M3's
So a bad sound + reminder of old bad sound = good? I think there is a even mix of posters on this board, from the "sky is falling, the new car has destroyed M, waaah!" posters to the ones that try to launch savage attacks at anyone saying anything that could be remotely construed as negative. It's all histrionics and it's all stupid.

The C63 AMG did try to murder you all the time, but it cooled its most egregious homicidal tendencies in the final years of revision. Of course, this triggered accusations that the car had been "neutered". Sounded awesome throughout though.
Appreciate 0