BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
brothfly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 i35D

Gas Pedal.

So I have an 2014 X5, noticed this from the start when I got it in Feb of last year that the Gas Pedal seems to high and caused me to get a leg cramp when my foot is on it.
But over time I think I got used to it.
Took my car in for regular service yesterday and of course they jacked with my seat and everything else.
Driving it home just now it seemed that the gas pedal was even higher then before, or maybe driving the 3 series they gave me had a big difference over the X5's gas pedal.
So is there an adjustment to the gas pedal?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
BXdriver
Four stripes vehicle commander
Norway
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 45e

Not sure if it's the pedal OR the seat - but I definitely feel the seat should have been possible to adjust a little higher - closer to the steering wheel.

For the gas pedal, I cannot really compare with other BMW models, but what is sure is that it is just not possible to keep the heel on the floor and just "swing" your right foot over to the brake pedal to brake of some reason - being it height differences or distance. The foot/leg must be lifted, even ever so slightly, (in my case at least) to do this exercise, and this will in turn mean I use the lower back (and "butt") muscles all the time.
Result: A bit more tired in the leg/lower back than necessary after longer drives.
It could have been improved by a slightly higher seat (the front/tilt higher), meaning more support to the thigh - or possibly both pedals could have been a bit lower.

Ohh, we cannot get it all I believe :-)

Thanks
Bent
Appreciate 0