BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Dilemma

Guys,
I have a question you might be able to help me with. I am really torn as far as what to do.
I recently bought a set of wheels/tires and tpms from a member on here. He advertised it as a setup for f15's.
I received the set with no TPMS, which is a $300+ bill. I contacted him and he refused to help. I am not financially suffering, but it's the principal.
I, myself, would not advertise something for sale and then sell something else.
Any advice would be appreciated.
      12-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Guys,
I have a question you might be able to help me with. I am really torn as far as what to do.
I recently bought a set of wheels/tires and tpms from a member on here. He advertised it as a setup for f15's.
I received the set with no TPMS, which is a $300+ bill. I contacted him and he refused to help. I am not financially suffering, but it's the principal.
I, myself, would not advertise something for sale and then sell something else.
Any advice would be appreciated.
300$ is a lot of money, I personally would make it known to as many people i could manage, If the seller is a itrader on the forum, no question about it that comes whit the territory, If had proof like mail adds etc. i would show it off to further strengthen my case etc, this is of course if there was absolutely no possibility that the argument was due to miscommunication etc.
      12-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

The key questing is if the seller did advertise the wheels whit tpms because a F15 setup doesn’t in my mind automatically mean that you get tpms.
God luck buddy i hope you get it resolved.
      12-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Hi Greentrbo95gst.

Sorry to hear and also disappointed with the other person (I think it is easy to tell who it is). You help so many on the forum. Not much you can do, bad taste for sure. I assume the chap is not say out of the country as has not seen your attempts to reach out. I guess the method of payment has no recourse mechanism. On ebay sellers are rated. Maybe identify the person, as this should not be repeated to another good person. Again, I empathise with you.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2014, 02:06 PM   #5
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo
The key questing is if the seller did advertise the wheels whit tpms because a F15 setup doesnt in my mind automatically mean that you get tpms.
^^^^ This. If it was called out in the ad, then you absolutely have a case. If not, then unfortunately you don't. Fitment just means the bore, offset, etc. are suitable. TPMS sensors are extra and almost always specifically mentioned (or not).
Haven't checked the prices lately, but contact Ben (r33) to see...
      12-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
possib1edoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Should the seller be identified so other people don't get ripped of either?

I am also trying to buy tires but, they don't come with TPMS, can anyone tell me if I can reuse the TPMS in the tires that come with the car or if I have to buy new ones? How much do they cost?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo
The key questing is if the seller did advertise the wheels whit tpms because a F15 setup doesnt in my mind automatically mean that you get tpms.
Agree here- wheels does not equal wheels + TPMS. If they were advertised with TPMS, name and shame; if not, check eBay.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by possib1edoc View Post

I am also trying to buy tires but, they don't come with TPMS, can anyone tell me if I can reuse the TPMS in the tires that come with the car or if I have to buy new ones? How much do they cost?

Thanks!
They can be re-used. I successfully re-used the ones from my 19" OEM Wheels. If you want new ones, PM Ben or buy them online. The part number for them is 36106856209.
      12-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by possib1edoc View Post

Thanks!
TPMS can be reused.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #10
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep

I really hate putting people on blast and I strongly believe in karma. The seller did advertise tpms for f15 as included in the package. When i contacted him to try to resolve this, he simply replied "sorry, I cant help you, you already got a good deal".
If it was me I would offer to buy a new set of tpms and send it to the buyer at my expense, but again, that would be me.
      12-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #11
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep

If not comfortable, then not at this time. Change the thread to Undelivered TPMS..... This person does read the forums, surely he will come around. False advertising cost wasted time as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #12
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Funny, I looked up your past posts and I see your point where tpms was on the listing. When I read further I would flag that ad because I have the BMW Big Brake setup and I run 20" rims zero issue. Now, when I was at dealer the OEM wheels in 19" would fit perfect with my new setup, but it was to close for comfort for me. I bet the person got the wrong offset and sold them for that reason, the other funny thing is that the seller didn't now if the tires were run flat or not? That's really easy to find out, it states it on the side wall and if you look up the sku number it would say if it is or not. Either way, not very good for any of us that buy or sell on this forum. I have sold things and I always do the right thing by making sure the person is happy with they item, if not I just do whatever it takes to make it right! We are all grown men/women that must be doing ok to drive sav's that start at $65,000+, that we don't need to screw over our own. I'm with you and let karma do what it needs to do. Im sure that person will get his at some point. Sorry for your loss, seller, I hope that $300.00 goes far for yourself.

Joe
Appreciate 2
      12-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #13
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70 View Post
Funny, I looked up your past posts and I see your point where tpms was on the listing. When I read further I would flag that ad because I have the BMW Big Brake setup and I run 20" rims zero issue. Now, when I was at dealer the OEM wheels in 19" would fit perfect with my new setup, but it was to close for comfort for me. I bet the person got the wrong offset and sold them for that reason, the other funny thing is that the seller didn't now if the tires were run flat or not? That's really easy to find out, it states it on the side wall and if you look up the sku number it would say if it is or not. Either way, not very good for any of us that buy or sell on this forum. I have sold things and I always do the right thing by making sure the person is happy with they item, if not I just do whatever it takes to make it right! We are all grown men/women that must be doing ok to drive sav's that start at $65,000+, that we don't need to screw over our own. I'm with you and let karma do what it needs to do. Im sure that person will get his at some point. Sorry for your loss, seller, I hope that $300.00 goes far for yourself.

Joe

Yes, that is the same person that I had in mind. It did say includes TPMS. Funny about the RFT's.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:13 PM   #14
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

I'm going to throw in my comment here as well. greentrbo95gst , I'm sorry you got screwed over, buddy. That's really unfortunate. I've bought and sold on the forums and everything was always a 100% satisfied purchase/sale. I even went out of my way to ship via UPS (cost me more) to make sure the buyer got my OEM 449 wheels/tires without issues early. Despite this, UPS didn't handle the package that well during delivery it seemed, and part of the package got slightly exposed and left a tiny surface scuff on one of the wheels. However, the buyer himself thanked me and said he was happy to use polish himself to fix it telling me not to worry about it at all. I even felt bad about that, but appreciated his genuine kindness/understanding. This just shows you what our forum members are like and how they really should treat each other. We're a community here and as Joe pointed out, we should not screw over our own. I've learned a lot and made many great friends through this forum. I hope the seller comes around and realizes that good deeds always end up coming full circle no matter how big or small. Nonetheless, I've pointed you to the correct part number. It won't cost him a lot of money to send you a new set.
      12-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #15
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Assume you used PayPal, right? File an issue there...
You are indeed taking the high road by not posting the identity of the seller, but I'd still file an issue with PayPal. Sorry to hear once again...
      12-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #16
possib1edoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender View Post
TPMS can be reused.
Thanks m8!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #17
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 50i / E71 X6 50i

Yes, just file a not as described claim on paypal for $300. If that get's denied, then you can always try with the CC you used to pay with on Paypal (hopefully you didn't do an instant payment from your PP balance or bank account.... a big No No!)

RCK
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 10:09 AM   #18
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep

Unfortunately since I didnt want seller to pay the paypal fees and he asked me to do payment to friends/family I cannot dispute the transaction now. I contacted paypal already.
      01-01-2015, 12:41 AM   #19
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 50i / E71 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst
Unfortunately since I didnt want seller to pay the paypal fees and he asked me to do payment to friends/family I cannot dispute the transaction now. I contacted paypal already.
Sounds like it's time to put the MoFo on blast :
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #20
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Karma will get him back but no reason for you to share users name to help the community not get burned by him
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #21
Nkbm82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post
Sounds like it's time to put the MoFo on blast :

Completely agree!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #22
c3uo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

It's interesting as looking through the post history I was also looking at the exact set of wheels I believe the OP bought. I agree the seller did not seem to knowledgeable on the product, but surely it was an honest error. Based on some of the seller's previous posts it looks like they could afford to help work with you. I hope you both come to an amicable solution. Perhaps agreeing on a fair partial refund.
Appreciate 0