BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

12-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
hu19881205
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Remote control triggers the alarm

This happened to me these two weeks. I have comfort access. When i try to unlock the car through comfort access or remote control it will triggers the alarm and reset the miles and time in the car. The alarms will clear itself after a while. Then i unlock the door through the key holes on the handle and start the car but it wouldn't start. After a couple of hours it would work again. i tried change battery for both of the remote control and also the battery for the m3, but it still doesn't solve the problem. When my friend came over to do a scan and it showed it as something to do with the control alarm module and CAS. I was wondering if anyone know how to fix this thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Yikes. Call a priest, maybe, for an exorcism? JK, but seriously, take it in. She's sick.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

sounds like the car has some electronic gremlins. any previous wrecks?
      12-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
hu19881205
Rep

nope i took it to another reputable shop and they going to take a look at it after christmas......
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

is this a factory alarm? If not, I would go with a factory alarm.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #6
kenwelch
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 M-DCT & 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hu19881205 View Post
When i try to unlock the car through comfort access or remote control it will triggers the alarm and reset the miles and time in the car. The alarms will clear itself after a while. Then i unlock the door through the key holes on the handle and start the car but it wouldn't start. After a couple of hours it would work again. i tried change battery for both of the remote control and also the battery for the m3, but it still doesn't solve the problem. When my friend came over to do a scan and it showed it as something to do with the control alarm module and CAS. I was wondering if anyone know how to fix this thank you.
A large drop in voltage will cause the mileage and time resets. Some alarm systems also monitor battery voltage to trip the alarm. The vehicle no start could also be caused by voltage drop. You installed new batteries, but still might have a bad connection to the alarm and vehicle modules. The voltage drop could be caused by any of the connections that lead to the alarm and modules.

Using a Digital Volt Meter you can check the voltage drop on the positive and negative battery cables as a start. Voltage drop testing is a great method of finding circuit resistance for your diagnosis of the problem. You might also need a wiring diagram showing the supply wires and connectors for your vehicle.

Here is an introduction to voltage drop testing:
Appreciate 0