European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
She's Elektra.....

Lucy is on a boat!

the Elektra. Arriving in Canadia in a little over a week....

Anyone else on board?
Attached Images

11-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

I'm onboard! Just got confirmation like 2 mins ago. Katniss is keeping Lucy warm. Waiting for Elektra to come to NJ!

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
I'm onboard! Just got confirmation like 2 mins ago. Katniss is keeping Lucy warm. Waiting for Elektra to come to NJ!
Right on!

I am now live tracking the progress over here: http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...mmsi:564614000

I mean, it will only be another 9 days till it reaches North America and who needed to be productive this week anyway?
      11-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
brianeck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
Right on!

I am now live tracking the progress over here: http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...mmsi:564614000

I mean, it will only be another 9 days till it reaches North America and who needed to be productive this week anyway?
Haha thanks I was gonna do this once I could switch over to unproductive mode! Now I can go get a coffee and press refresh a few times instead!

I was super distraught this morning I thought I missed another 2 damn ships. My poor car was portside for like 13 days, at least now she has a friend for the journey.

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Haha thanks I was gonna do this once I could switch over to unproductive mode! Now I can go get a coffee and press refresh a few times instead!

I was super distraught this morning I thought I missed another 2 damn ships. My poor car was portside for like 13 days, at least now she has a friend for the journey.
I think mine was a little less time in port (wasn't status 190 until about Oct 30, so from the time it arrived in Bremmerhaven it got on a ship pretty quickly). I am just hopeful the journey all the way across Canada to Calgary won't take too long (this summer the wait times here were brutal - cars sat in Halifax for weeks.....hoping that isn't the case now)

There must be other people on this forum on our ship. I did a search using the first 6 digits of the VIN (which should find all the F80s, could probably do another for the F82s) and there were many on the ship bound for Halifax and New York.
      11-11-2014, 05:44 AM   #6
Beezer1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I am also on the Elektra after European Delivery. I dropped my M4 in Munich 10/27 and it looks like she sat in Bremerhaven for about 4 days before being loaded. It would be awesome if she shows up at my dealer in PA before Thanksgiving.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #7
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
I am actually now becoming skeptical mine is on this boat.

As shown above, the WW website says that I am booked on the Elektra due to leave Bremerhaven yesterday and arrive in Halifax on the 19th - problem being the car was only received at the terminal around 1040 and the boat left the terminal about 10 hours earlier than that.

Adding to the puzzle, if I search for all M3s (using the partial VIN WBS3C9) there are about 10 of us that are all 'booked' for the Elektra, but only shown as received at terminal and not loaded (and another 10 or so M4s, using WBSCR9).

I am thinking we missed the boat..........

Edit 1: actually, to continue this discussion with myself, when I search our entire booking reference (DEBRB1260045) there are 399 of us - all BMW or Mini that were booked on the Elektra that may/may not have actually been loaded........so what now? I guess we bump on the next ship?

Edit 2: Now I am just not sure. Just for sh*ts and giggles, I went back to look at the tracking for my MB wagon from almost exactly 2 years ago - the 'real time' information on the WW site is also out of whack (showing, for instance, it shipped on the 21-11-2012, but wasn't received and loaded till the next day....). So maybe I really am on this boat and should just assume that if BMW booked 400 cars to be on this ship, they are on the damn ship?
Attached Images

Last edited by myzmak; 11-11-2014 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #8
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Congratulations! I've read enough of your posts to know how big this is for you.

Warning: You may lose track of the vessel once it gets out of Europe. I lost it for 3 days from just outside Ireland to just outside Halifax. Im guessing all Canadian cars go through Halifax, then the long trek to you in Calgary. Keep us posted, you're just a few weeks away.
      11-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #9
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
Congratulations! I've read enough of your posts to know how big this is for you.

Warning: You may lose track of the vessel once it gets out of Europe. I lost it for 3 days from just outside Ireland to just outside Halifax. Im guessing all Canadian cars go through Halifax, then the long trek to you in Calgary. Keep us posted, you're just a few weeks away.
Thanks man.

The most unfortunate thing is that after 2 very busy months at work, things are more relaxed right now....which means a whoooooole lotta time spent live tracking a ship. When it goes missing in the Atlantic between Ireland and Halifax I may just have to charter a private search and rescue helicopter myself.

I see from your post that your car is very near Georgia on its way back to you?

Anyway, yes, everything here ships through Halifax - which is fine as long as the trains are running well. Earlier this summer there were some big time delays (tied to, among other things, an unusually large grain harvest and a dramatic increase in the amount of oil being shipped by rail since nobody will build our damn pipelines.....but I digress), but hopefully that is getting sorted out and the car will move along the tracks in good time.
      11-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #10
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man.

The most unfortunate thing is that after 2 very busy months at work, things are more relaxed right now....which means a whoooooole lotta time spent live tracking a ship. When it goes missing in the Atlantic between Ireland and Halifax I may just have to charter a private search and rescue helicopter myself.

I see from your post that your car is very near Georgia on its way back to you?

Anyway, yes, everything here ships through Halifax - which is fine as long as the trains are running well. Earlier this summer there were some big time delays (tied to, among other things, an unusually large grain harvest and a dramatic increase in the amount of oil being shipped by rail since nobody will build our damn pipelines.....but I digress), but hopefully that is getting sorted out and the car will move along the tracks in good time.
Yes, my vehicle has reached port, cleared customs, and has been discharged. This all happened Sunday and Monday. I sent an email to my CA with all the details this morning, hoping I can get a semi-firm date of delivery to Texas soon. We drive to Colorado on the 21st and I desperately want the car back before then. Who wants it hanging out in a dealership for 10 days, anything can happen to it, per my imagination.

For reference, I dropped the car off in Paris on September 30, so less than 6 weeks later its on US soil. Not too bad for a non-Munich drop-off. But the closer you get the more agonizing the wait becomes.
      11-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #11
brianeck
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man.

Haha I'm in the same boat ()

I just finished my busy season and finished up trips to Wales, Vegas, LA, Japan, and Thailand in the last 8 weeks. Now I'm just waitingggggg.

I don't have any updates on the ship, but my carrier information was definitely Elektra as well. And I had "confirmed shipped" from the dial in number as of yesterday.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #12
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Haha I'm in the same boat ()

I just finished my busy season and finished up trips to Wales, Vegas, LA, Japan, and Thailand in the last 8 weeks. Now I'm just waitingggggg.

I don't have any updates on the ship, but my carrier information was definitely Elektra as well. And I had "confirmed shipped" from the dial in number as of yesterday.
Yeah, our process isn't automated so if I call the 1-800 number I actually speak to a live person - which is fine, except today is Remembrance Day here which is a quasi-stat holiday (our office is open, but many are closed). In any event, for the moment I am prepared to assume that it is just the 'updating' on the W&W website that is slow (or else they accepted a 400 car booking from BMW and then had their ship leave before the cars were received....)

I read through your ED post - sounds like it was a good trip (though a quick one, given you had to squeeze it in between other sales trips) - hilarious that you get to receive a brand new car AFTER doing the ED. Am very curious to see how the Amaro Brown works for you. That is almost the identical leather to what we have on the Benz (and I think it looks great...though I may be biased).

Anyway, looks like the (Carmen) Elektra is finished up at Zeebrugge and waiting to head back out to the Channel. Southampton then Halifax.
      11-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #13
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
Yes, my vehicle has reached port, cleared customs, and has been discharged. This all happened Sunday and Monday. I sent an email to my CA with all the details this morning, hoping I can get a semi-firm date of delivery to Texas soon. We drive to Colorado on the 21st and I desperately want the car back before then. Who wants it hanging out in a dealership for 10 days, anything can happen to it, per my imagination.

For reference, I dropped the car off in Paris on September 30, so less than 6 weeks later its on US soil. Not too bad for a non-Munich drop-off. But the closer you get the more agonizing the wait becomes.
Yup, in theory I don't care if this car comes in December or February. In theory. In reality, now that it is built and (hopefully) on a boat, I just want the damn thing here.

Like you, I am gone for about 2 weeks right when it might show up (Dec 22 and on) and would much rather have it here and sitting in a garage than at the dealership, cold, and lonely over the holidays.....
      11-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #14
brianeck
Rep

My website status updated to in transit. This is only a good thing and I'm taking it as confirmation I am in fact on Elektra (that's what the dial in number said yesterday, this is just secondary confirmation).

The boat is heading through the English channel right now!

I still might win the race for first Amaro Brown pics at this rate.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #15
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
My website status updated to in transit. This is only a good thing and I'm taking it as confirmation I am in fact on Elektra (that's what the dial in number said yesterday, this is just secondary confirmation).

The boat is heading through the English channel right now!

I still might win the race for first Amaro Brown pics at this rate.
Out of curiosity, if you use your VIN to search on that W&W site does it show you as loaded or just received at terminal?
      11-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #16
brianeck
Rep

Quote:
Out of curiosity, if you use your VIN to search on that W&W site does it show you as loaded or just received at terminal?
I actually don't know my VIN. I've been going off of the production order number. I'll call for it tomorrow.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #17
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I actually don't know my VIN. I've been going off of the production order number. I'll call for it tomorrow.
So, Elektra has now left Southampton and is on its way back to the Channel, then the Atlantic, then North America.

Were you able to find your VIN? (still curious to see what the W&W site says about your car.....)
      11-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #18
jewels
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 & 2015 M4 Vert

Quote:
I am also on the Elektra...after the hold up for the wheels, it's finally on the way (had finished production way back in 9/14).
      11-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #19
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels View Post
I am also on the Elektra...after the hold up for the wheels, it's finally on the way (had finished production way back in 9/14).
Welcome aboard!

That is a LOOONG wait.

(actually, if you don't mind my asking, same question as for @Brianeck: have you put your VIN on the W&W Website? Just curious what result you get)
      11-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #20
jewels
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Welcome aboard!

That is a LOOONG wait.

(actually, if you don't mind my asking, same question as for @Brianeck: have you put your VIN on the W&W Website? Just curious what result you get)
Yes I put in my production code and it shows "On the way "
      11-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #21
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels View Post
Yes I put in my production code and it shows "On the way "
Sorry, not the BMW website but the shipping company website

https://offices.2wglobal.com/offices...uickSearchPage

If you put your VIN into the 'Cargo ID' box, I am curious as to whether it shows yours loaded onto the vessel or just 'received at terminal'
      11-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #22
jewels
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, not the BMW website but the shipping company website

https://offices.2wglobal.com/offices...uickSearchPage

If you put your VIN into the 'Cargo ID' box, I am curious as to whether it shows yours loaded onto the vessel or just 'received at terminal'
Shows that it was loaded and gives me an ETA to NY

Last edited by jewels; 11-12-2014 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0