BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

10-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
Installsplus
Ultimate Driving Machine E92ESS625 M3/G05 X5 Msport 40i Individual
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT/ESS 625 kit

Garage List
Has anyone bought this spoiler from eBay

It's exactly what I been looking for. Not as high. Going for the cf look just don't know how the quality is going to be. Worth trying for under 200 dollars
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Installsplus
It's exactly what I been looking for. Not as high. Going for the cf look just don't know how the quality is going to be. Worth trying for under 200 dollars
Pic
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Link

Quote:
Quote:
Pic
For some reason I can't upload the pic. This app is so frustrating

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=361072989958
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 06:03 PM   #4
josephhu
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep
Drives: e92m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Installsplus View Post
For some reason I can't upload the pic. This app is so frustrating

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=361072989958
just like plastic

but for use is fine
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephhu View Post
just like plastic

but for use is fine
its not carbon fiber?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #6
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
its not carbon fiber?
High quality, durable, Polyurethane material construction.The spoiler is made of FRP BLOW MOLDED, ONE PIECE plastic with brass inserts and stainless steel hardware. It will not chip or crack like fiberglass.
Professional Installation recommended.Our spoiler is the highest quality, beware those selling the low priced, wavy spoilers that will cost you more in the long run for the body shop labor to smooth it out.

NOPE. ITS JUNK.
      10-22-2014, 01:08 AM   #7
josephhu
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep
Drives: e92m3

Quote:
its not carbon fiber?
its glass fiber
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 05:08 AM   #8
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephhu
Quote:
its not carbon fiber?
its glass fiber
Could be made out of cardboard can't get wet. 😜
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 05:26 AM   #9
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
High quality, durable, Polyurethane material construction.The spoiler is made of FRP BLOW MOLDED, ONE PIECE plastic with brass inserts and stainless steel hardware. It will not chip or crack like fiberglass.
Professional Installation recommended.Our spoiler is the highest quality, beware those selling the low priced, wavy spoilers that will cost you more in the long run for the body shop labor to smooth it out.

NOPE. ITS JUNK.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Quote:

NOPE. ITS JUNK.
      10-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #11
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

OP it doesn't mean it's junk, poly is a great material. My front lip is poly and I can bend it in half w/out issue. Don't listen to the others here bashing it. Do what YOU want.

edit: I just read the ebay description and it's FRP w/ a carbon overlay LIKE 99% of the lips and other parts sold here through vendors. Few pieces are 100% carbon and you'll know that based on cost alone. Most carbon parts are made just like this w/ overlays.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #12
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90
OP it doesn't mean it's junk, poly is a great material. My front lip is poly and I can bend it in half w/out issue. Don't listen to the others here bashing it. Do what YOU want.
Dude, the OP sounds like someone who clearly has no clue that 99% of the items on eBay are in fact junk. The ad clearly stated it was poly and he clearly thought it was carbon fiber. No offense to OP at all and I'm not making fun of him. I'm saving him money, his time and a headache to make it fit right, look right.

It's JUNK. Don't give him hope on a item you know as well as I do is not going to just fit right. Hell the ad even says you should let a professional install. Meaning... Good luck getting it to fit.

That said, name brand stuff doesn't fit perfect either. But it's a hell of a lot better.

Don't do it OP. Trust us. They others are busting your balls because it's a given eBay sell shit. And the sneaky placement of the items description tells me to run too.

Edit: it's 149 and made in Taiwan! OP if you don't want to pay 500 for the OEM quality one, try JL motoring. His stuff isn't so bad at all.
      10-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #13
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

edit: I just read the ebay description and it's FRP w/ a carbon overlay LIKE 99% of the lips and other parts sold here through vendors. Few pieces are 100% carbon and you'll know that based on cost alone. Most carbon parts are made just like this w/ overlays.
Thanks bro I just ignore people like that. Nothing good to say. To old for childish comments. But u get a lot of that on this forum don't really understand why. Anyway at the end of the day it's my money. All I was asking is if anyone bought from this vendor.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 09:48 PM   #14
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU
Quote:
Dude, the OP sounds like someone who clearly has no clue that 99% of the items on eBay are in fact junk. The ad clearly stated it was poly and he clearly thought it was carbon fiber. No offense to OP at all and I'm not making fun of him. I'm saving him money, his time and a headache to make it fit right, look right.

It's JUNK. Don't give him hope on a item you know as well as I do is not going to just fit right. Hell the ad even says you should let a professional install. Meaning... Good luck getting it to fit.

That said, name brand stuff doesn't fit perfect either. But it's a hell of a lot better.

Don't do it OP. Trust us. They others are busting your balls because it's a given eBay sell shit. And the sneaky placement of the items description tells me to run too.
When it arrives I will post pics. If it looks like shit. I will recycle it. End of discussion. 200 dollars ain't going to make me broke. Had the oem and don't like it.....
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #15
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks bro I just ignore people like that. Nothing good to say. To old for childish comments. But u get a lot of that on this forum don't really understand why. Anyway at the end of the day it's my money. All I was asking is if anyone bought from this vendor.
I wasn't making fun of you dude. I'm trying to help. I've been there done that when I was a kid with a subaru.

The OEM one can be found at pretty good price new if you look around.

Or like I mentioned, try JL motoring. James stand behind his products.
      10-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #16
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When it arrives I will post pics. If it looks like shit. I will recycle it. End of discussion. 200 dollars ain't going to make me broke. Had the oem and don't like it.....
Whatever floats your boat. I just don't understand your logic. You just bought the same looking spoiler as OEM for 149 bucks and you think this one is going to be better? Fit better? You're crazy! Even if you get it on, it will most likely yellow within a year.

But YOU asked and we tried to warn you. Good luck buddy. I mean it. Good luck. : )
      10-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #17
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Edit: it's 149 and made in Taiwan! OP if you don't want to pay 500 for the OEM quality one, try JL motoring. His stuff isn't so bad at all.

Well my Ebay lip is actually poly and fits 99%. I love it. And that link, as stated, is for a CF spoiler. Yes it's an overlay but it's still CF. You posted as if it's made of pure poly and the ad states that's what the underlying material is. Unless it's a bait and switch tactic (which I doubt) and the OP will get a true poly spoiler as opposed to the carbon one as clearly shown in photos. You can't say for certain it's 100% junk.

FYI half of the shit you see here (including vendors products) are the same as ebay and made in China/taiwan.

Again, there's very few pieces made of pure CF (including the underlying core which in this case is listed as FRP/poly). It would cost an arm and a leg to produce and most people are just looking for aesthetics.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #18
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wasn't making fun of you dude. I'm trying to help. I've been there done that when I was a kid with a subaru.

I understand as I mentioned I had the oem and don't like how it looks. Too aggressive for my taste. I am looking for a less high kick spoiler I don't care how much it is. If I don't like this one I will buy the 1200 dollar cf spoiler from 3d Design. This is my 3rd M3 so I also have been there and done that. But thanks for ur feedback.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #19
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:

Well my Ebay lip is actually poly and fits 99%. I love it. And that link, as stated, is for a CF spoiler. Yes it's an overlay but it's still CF. You posted as if it's made of pure poly and the ad states that's what the underlying material is. Unless it's a bait and switch tactic (which I doubt) and the OP will get a true poly spoiler as opposed to the carbon one as clearly shown in photos. You can't say for certain it's 100% junk.

FYI half of the shit you see here (including vendors products) are the same as ebay and made in China/taiwan.
I copied and pasted the item description. And yes a couple not so popular sellers on m3post do sell rebadged eBay items. But you those items and most of the items like this on eBay are in fact junk 95% of time.

It's a moot point. The OP purchased it anyhow. Best luck to him.
      10-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #20
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I understand as I mentioned I had the oem and don't like how it looks. Too aggressive for my taste. I am looking for a less high kick spoiler I don't care how much it is. If I don't like this one I will buy the 1200 dollar cf spoiler from 3d Design. This is my 3rd M3 so I also have been there and done that. But thanks for ur feedback.
Right on. Keep us posted! I'd like to see it.
      10-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #21
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I copied and pasted the item description. And yes a couple not so popular sellers on m3post do sell rebadged eBay items. But you those items and most of the items like this on eBay are in fact junk 95% of time.

It's a moot point. The OP purchased it anyhow. Best luck to him.
Right, but right in the ad it says 100% carbon fiber. It's an overlay as stated. You (and not just you) guys were quick to scream junk and quote the ad which stated the construction is poly/FRP (as expected from most CF parts.)

You were miscontrued and then conveyed that to OP. Every play the game telephone?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #22
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Oh btw when I asked if it was carbon fiber I was being sarcastic. What a joke.
Appreciate 0