Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Cancel PCD?

Depending on when my production is complete i may have to cancel my PCD and have the car brought to the dealer. I wont be able to take off work the last half of December which would mean my car would be sitting at PCD until January which would exceed their 4 week time frame.

I wanted to see if anyone had experience with cancelling PCD once its been scheduled and the car is still on the boat from Germany?

Is this possible? I would assume they would know at the VPC when they scan the car to see what to do with it.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc
Depending on when my production is complete i may have to cancel my PCD and have the car brought to the dealer. I wont be able to take off work the last half of December which would mean my car would be sitting at PCD until January which would exceed their 4 week time frame.

I wanted to see if anyone had experience with cancelling PCD once its been scheduled and the car is still on the boat from Germany?

Is this possible? I would assume they would know at the VPC when they scan the car to see what to do with it.
When did you get a pcd date and what date did they give you? My car should be finishing production on 9/25 and hoping for a pcd date in early November or late October.

Your post makes it sound like pcd is backed up till December . Still waiting for my CA to provide possible pcd dates. If in December would probably cancel since of be driving back to n.va and prob a lot of blue ridge pkway would be closed. We did pcd for the wife's x5 last year and would love to do it again but not if the drive home is gonna be miserable as that is the part IM most looking forward to!
      09-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #3
Algol
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Mine is an ED car and I was told that I could not even schedule PCD until my car gets into port, so I assume you still have up until they stick the car on a truck / train to change your mind. The earlier you ask your dealer the less delay there will be in getting the car back to you.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
When did you get a pcd date and what date did they give you? My car should be finishing production on 9/25 and hoping for a pcd date in early November or late October.

Your post makes it sound like pcd is backed up till December . Still waiting for my CA to provide possible pcd dates. If in December would probably cancel since of be driving back to n.va and prob a lot of blue ridge pkway would be closed. We did pcd for the wife's x5 last year and would love to do it again but not if the drive home is gonna be miserable as that is the part IM most looking forward to!
i havent received my date yet because my production keeps getting moved around between week 40 and 43. PCD is not baked up but since the typical date is about 1-2 weeks after your car gets into port you should be fine getting PCD when you wanted but with my car coming in so late in the year and me not being able to take off work around the holidays plus potential for bad weather i may not know if PCD is doable until my car gets to port. So thats why i was seeing if anyone had to do a last minute cancellation on PCD and what would happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algol View Post
Mine is an ED car and I was told that I could not even schedule PCD until my car gets into port, so I assume you still have up until they stick the car on a truck / train to change your mind. The earlier you ask your dealer the less delay there will be in getting the car back to you.
thats what im hoping.. I dont see why its not possible but then who the hell knows what the hell is doable. BMW is very random sometimes. I was hoping there were some people with experience.
Appreciate 0