GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #1
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupe

PCD in December?

just like most of us eagerly awaiting the arrival of our new pride and joy (M car not child).

I ordered in march and opted for performance center delivery - since its been delayed from week 25 to week 39 - I'm concerned that my PCD date will likely be end of November (if lucky) or beginning to mid-December (more probable). Considering this would now be WINTER and my drive back home would be to the N.VA/DC area - I'm thinking doing PCD may not be such a good idea. we did PCD for my wife's X5 last year and loved it - pick up was 11/21. I think we were lucky on the weather, but was still a bit sketchy driving through the mountains that evening toward Asheville (in fog and rain).

the morning drive back home was gorgeous on blue ridge parkway - but we were lucky and in an SUV. I've been thinking about that route in the M car ever since last year - but now with a potential PCD date so late in the year - thinking of maybe just having the car delivered to the dealer and do a long road trip in the spring.

Anyone else opting for PCD in Nov/Dec time frame?

(ultimately I think I'm also just nervous the dealer will drill holes in the bumper to install a license plate even though i'll tell them over and over not to!)
      09-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Schullz51
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

I have a scheduled PCD of December 3rd, and felt the same way as you, and I'll be coming back even further north to PA. However this is my first M car and was very excited about how great of an experience PCD was so I think I'm going to go for it. I'm gambling the weather in SC may still be fair in early December and will only have to worry when I get closer to home.

2015 BMW M3 F80: 11.780 @ 118.670 MPH
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
im in this same boat... i should be getting a late Nov or early Dec although i will be heading back to FLorida. Obviously im not worried about that part but more so the weather in SC and how the track will be at the center... I also dont want to wait any longer for my car and then get there and the weather is crap...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupe

When should I get a pcd date? Just started production this morning. How far out was your pcd date from start of production?
      09-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
Tubernator
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2013 X5 Diesel  [0.00]
Weather in SC in December could be quite cool, but snow in Greenville is fairly rare. I did an event at the PDC two years ago in December, and it was high 40s, light rain in the morning. Track was awesome. I wouldn't sweat the SC part. Now NoVa and PA on the other hand....
      09-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #6
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

You will be fine in early dec. No worries at all. It would be very rare to have any type of snow issues then.
Appreciate 0