ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
npan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 (MW/SO)

VPC Delays?

So my car is sitting at VPC in Oxnard and has completed all work orders but estimated delivers is 10/3 !!! This place seems to be the black box of information scarcity. BMW corporate has no info and says this unusual, my CA has the same info I do, and I'm out of information sources. Does anyone know A) why they would have a 3 week hold up on a P1 status car, or B) who DOES in fact have this information?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

npan, from my experience Priority 1 doesn't mean shit. Call your CA and tell him to find out.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
npan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
npan, from my experience Priority 1 doesn't mean shit. Call your CA and tell him to find out.
Thanks. I called and had the sales mgr do a bit of digging. Somehow it got delayed due to a work order they expected to take a while but completed right away. Had i not called it would have sat at VPC as a floor trophy for 3 weeks. Some system..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
minus9
Grand Poobah
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Hmm.. My work order went in today and they stated that there was the possibility it could arrive at the dealership on Friday (no promises). I would rather they take a few extra days and get the work on it correct than rush it, but the waiting is difficult.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #5
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Interesting. My car is scheduled to arrive to Oxnard the 18th this month and I was just going to open a thread asking on current times seen at the VDC before the car is put on a trailer. I was hoping for about 1 week at the VDC and then one week on the truck + dealer preparations. I.e about 2w from the ship arrives at port to when I can pick it up.

Is that too optimistic in light of what you currently see for F8X cars? Especially interesting would be to hear of times for euro delivery cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #6
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Don't even get me started!
      09-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
npan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Interesting. My car is scheduled to arrive to Oxnard the 18th this month and I was just going to open a thread asking on current times seen at the VDC before the car is put on a trailer. I was hoping for about 1 week at the VDC and then one week on the truck + dealer preparations. I.e about 2w from the ship arrives at port to when I can pick it up.

Is that too optimistic in light of what you currently see for F8X cars? Especially interesting would be to hear of times for euro delivery cars.

I've found that the best source of info on the status after it arrives at VDC is the Sales manager at your dealership (not necessarily your CA) they have a direct line to email and check specific status at VDC. The BMW corporate line or your SA won't have this info. They found mine stuck in limbo assigned to be delivered Oct 3 and got it on a truck 24 after he found the mistake. Now it'll be ready for pick up Friday ! Best of luck on the wait and hope this brings some help.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Quote:
Originally Posted by npan View Post
I've found that the best source of info on the status after it arrives at VDC is the Sales manager at your dealership (not necessarily your CA) they have a direct line to email and check specific status at VDC. The BMW corporate line or your SA won't have this info. They found mine stuck in limbo assigned to be delivered Oct 3 and got it on a truck 24 after he found the mistake. Now it'll be ready for pick up Friday ! Best of luck on the wait and hope this brings some help.
Good to hear things worked out!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #9
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Just some info for this thread. My car was stuck at the NJ VPC for a couple of weeks. There was an estimated release date but every time it got close, the date was bumped back another week. My dealership manager called and found out that there was some interior door panel damage and they were waiting for a part which was estimated to come 3 weeks later than the estimated release date of the car. In other words... the estimated release date doesn't mean shit since the part wasn't supposed to arrive for a few weeks. We ended up getting the car released with the dealership promising to do the repair. It turned out the "damage" was a tiny (and I mean tiny) depression in the plastic door panel... not worth repairing since it was not visible.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #10
Cat Breath
Want Faster
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

My M4 has been at port Huemene for exactly 5 weeks today (it came in on the Elektra). It has been at the VPC there for over 4 weeks. I had hoped to get it before summer ends. Now I just hope to get it before it starts snowing.

The worst part about the VPC delays is the scarcity of information available, even to the dealer. I've given up on calling the 800# for status checks. The automated answering program interpreted my production number incorrectly a couple times (due to poor cell phone reception) and told me that my car was in transit to the dealer. Major let down when I realized it wasn't reporting on my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #11
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Bottom line here is...once our cars roll off the assembly line, BMW becomes a Sgt. Schultz "I know nothing, nothing" scene from Hogan's Heroes!

The dealership is supposed to be the one that picks up the info string from there and manages the transport and delivery via boat to the POA, to the dealership.

Lots of time between final assembly and the dealership delivery, to which pertaining information goes into a black hole. Ask either party during this phase of delivery and you get "ask the other guy, they have better info".

This is how it works(and they will never change), because as frustrated as we become, once we see the cars at our dealership pickup, we get amnesia real quick, followed by I can't wait to drive this puppy!
      09-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
Bottom line here is...once our cars roll off the assembly line, BMW becomes a Sgt. Schultz "I know nothing, nothing" scene from Hogan's Heroes!

The dealership is supposed to be the one that picks up the info string from there and manages the transport and delivery via boat to the POA, to the dealership.

Lots of time between final assembly and the dealership delivery, to which pertaining information goes into a black hole. Ask either party during this phase of delivery and you get "ask the other guy, they have better info".

This is how it works(and they will never change), because as frustrated as we become, once we see the cars at our dealership pickup, we get amnesia real quick, followed by I can't wait to drive this puppy!
Be grateful that BMW even provides a method of tracking. I have a Mercedes on order right now, and I have absolutely no clue when I am getting it. My Benz salesman (my MB experience was exactly that... car sales transaction) is NOT helpful at all... This is a big contrast to my BMW order where I was aware of every step except the trip across the ocean and the first week it was stuck at the VPC.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #13
Denominator
Rep
Drives: F80 MG/SO

FYI my m3 hit Hueneme on 9/10 and I'm taking delivery this evening. I wasn't an ED order, and had no damage during xport
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #14
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

My car arrived at the Vpc in Oxnard on September 6 and was at my dealer in Seattle on the 11th. That's a quick turnaround
Appreciate 0